Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Beg your pardon but why?

If Frank took him down with a knuckle sandwich, sure that would be laughable, but he doesn't, he's choking him out with a length of chain. I don't know much about Tiger Shark but I assume he needs oxygen same as everyone else. Cut off the blood supply to the brain and the opponent will lose consciousness pretty quickly.
    Because Tiger Shark should be able to use just his neck muscles to break a chain. He should be able to grab one of Frank's feet and pull his leg off easily. Tiger Shark is like Colossus strong, Punisher trying to choke him out with a chain should be no more trouble for him than wearing a necklace.

Beg your pardon but why?

If Frank took him down with a knuckle sandwich, sure that would be laughable, but he doesn't, he's choking him out with a length of chain. I don't know much about Tiger Shark but I assume he needs oxygen same as everyone else. Cut off the blood supply to the brain and the opponent will lose consciousness pretty quickly.
    Well, because…

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Because Tiger Shark should be able to use just his neck muscles to break a chain. He should be able to grab one of Frank's feet and pull his leg off easily. Tiger Shark is like Colossus strong, Punisher trying to choke him out with a chain should be no more trouble for him than wearing a necklace.
    … this.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Also feels weird for that to work on a guy who lives underwater, though I have no idea how the science on that works.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Also feels weird for that to work on a guy who lives underwater, though I have no idea how the science on that works.
    Not really. He began life as a regular human which means he has lungs. His transformation into Tiger Shark just added gills to that so he can breath underwater. When in air he uses his lungs to breath. However the oxygen gets into his bloodstream, he still has a carotid artery which is how oxygenated blood reaches the brain. Apply sufficient pressure to the carotid artery and anything with a humanoid circulatory system will drop.

It's quite simple.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Not really. He began life as a regular human which means he has lungs. His transformation into Tiger Shark just added gills to that so he can breath underwater. When in air he uses his lungs to breath. However the oxygen gets into his bloodstream, he still has a carotid artery which is how oxygenated blood reaches the brain. Apply sufficient pressure to the carotid artery and anything with a humanoid circulatory system will drop.

It's quite simple.
    Thing is, someone who has the strength and durability to get into punch-ups with Namor and do OK isn't going to be affected by a human wrapping a chain around them. This is "Snake v Hulk" level silliness.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Even ignoring the differential between Punisher’s and Tiger Shark’s strength levels (which is at least into the tens of thousands), the simple fact is that to Tiger Shark the chain would be like wet paper (unless it’s made of Adamantium or Vibranium or Uru or something). Ripping apart a steel chain is the kind of thing Spider-Man or early Luke Cage does. Tiger Shark is a whole other ball-game.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

All of the above.

While it doesn't take a whole lot of pressure to start interrupting the blood flow to the brain (speaking from personal experience), that 'not a whole lot' would be dependent on the person's durability. Tiger Shark is about as tough as he is strong - the guy can duke it out with Namor without immediately folding - and is fine in the depths of the ocean.

Even if he just sits there, presumably checking his nails/claws with Frank straining to his utmost, Tiger Shark is unlikely to even feel the pressure of the chain around his neck as anything more than a distant something is there. Like StupidMoniker says, 'wearing a necklace'.

Really, the area where Frank gives Steve Rogers the most competition isn't in his durability; it's in his jobber aura. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-13-2022 at 04:22 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    How about the time Frank took down Tiger Shark, the mortal enemy of Namor: The Sub-Mariner (XD)

Um maybe that's the DC version of Tiger Shark who took the place of the marvel one and dress up like him? That's the only thing that makes sense...

Astonishing Member

Well, maybe he can choke out Firelord next. I agree with Sharps that a well applied choke takes you down quickly if you properly appeal to the blood supply. Short Japanese men with Masters in Judo Instruction from the University of Tokyo can do it quite well. I know.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Judo was where I learned to do it myself (and had it done to me many a time), and taught that stuff in the next club I joined. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

Always laughed when the Hulk was hulking out of a choke hold. That's the WWE Hulk, not the green one. Ain't going to happen if the choker knows his game.