Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm watching a bit of the recap now. This young lady is very brave. She needs a lot of protection now because you can believe the death threats are coming. It was astounding the things I heard about how he refused many times to call the mob off. That's been pretty much hinted at before but she is an eye witness. He wanted the controls to stop guns from being brought in (I forgot what they said they name of this tech is) shut off! There reports of some of them being armed with AR-15s
    She was nervous as Hell up there. But she came in and told what she saw and who she saw do it. She is very brave and one of the reasons for today is because they are so worried about her safety. I really hope she has a whole team around her.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    He also attacked his own SS and grabbed the wheel of the Beast because he was so upset at not being taken to the capital.

And Mark Meadows was also encouraging Trump to talk about pardoning the rioters in his 7th speech.

Rudy, Mark Medows, both wanted Pardons for the 6th.
    This just makes Trump look like more of a hero to his cult members. He’s stated in the past that he wanted to go to the capital to join them but the secret service wouldn’t allow it. Up until now most people thought that was bullshit as the big orange coward never wants to get his hands dirty. But it turns out he did want to be there and even fought back when told he couldn’t. His supporters will eat this up. Trump should use this bit at all his rallies.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This just makes Trump look like more of a hero to his cult members. He’s stated in the past that he wanted to go to the capital to join them but the secret service wouldn’t allow it. Up until now most people thought that was bullshit as the big orange coward never wants to get his hands dirty. But it turns out he did want to be there and even fought back when told he couldn’t. His supporters will eat this up. Trump should use this bit at all his rallies.
    To a normal person it makes him look unhinged as Hell.

But sadly you are right.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Sorry to flood the threat with some many posts. I should have done a couple bigger posts.

Tami I know you couldnt watch today. I dont know if you have a place to watch the recap but here is a link to the whole thing.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?521387...capitol-attack

Fox may be jumping off the Trump Train. Talking about how Trump knew they were armed, how he wanted to go there. How out of hand would it have gotten if Trump was there.
    The poll that showed DeSantis leading Trump for the Republican nomination in the New Hampshire primary showed him doing better with voters who identify as Fox News viewers or conservative radio listeners.

https://scholars.unh.edu/cgi/viewcon...y_center_polls

That is an indication that conservatives who follow politics are souring more on Trump.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Doesn't work like that anymore, Trumpism IS the Republican party, even if you get rid of Trump.
    For now. Until its not.

I'm not talking about policies here, but the person of Trump. Its like in Sandman, he's a vortex. The only way out is to cleanse the party of the Big Orange Julius!
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 06-28-2022 at 12:35 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Doesn't work like that anymore, Trumpism IS the Republican party, even if you get rid of Trump.
    Fox may be jumping off the Trump Train. Talking about how Trump knew they were armed, how he wanted to go there. How out of hand would it have gotten if Trump was there.
    They probably should have amputated before the rot continued to spread. Like say, 2015. They never took an exit ramp, after he offered them to them time and again.

So now that they think he's almost definitely going to jail, they're going to let it happen, then swap him for DeSantis, then whine about how the left put him in jail and let DeSantis pretend he's some sort of martyr who the Deep State took down.

It's the most predictable outcome. Sacrifice Trump when he has no long term value, but pretend after the fact that it's all the left's fault they came for the old man. They'll probably even let DeSantis pardon him.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    They probably should have amputated before the rot continued to spread. Like say, 2015. They never took an exit ramp, after he offered them to them time and again.

So now that they think he's almost definitely going to jail, they're going to let it happen, then swap him for DeSantis, then whine about how the left put him in jail and let DeSantis pretend he's some sort of martyr who the Deep State took down.

It's the most predictable outcome. Sacrifice Trump when he has no long term value, but pretend after the fact that it's all the left's fault they came for the old man. They'll probably even let DeSantis pardon him.
    This feels like some kind of frightening prophecy. I live in Florida and DeSantis is just the worst. President DeSantis is a terrifying possibility. He's a smarter fascist than Trump.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

I agree with this 100 percent. I just never thought I would see the time when Trump is not being defended and they are agreeing with what was said. Normally they would be doing the fake new route. Which goes to show me just how true they think every thing is.

Thing is, many of the more extreme Trumpers are not going to go quietly or just let go of the fact they were so wrong about him. Probably they'll all just join the John Birch Society, if they aren't already in it. A new party could end up forming, but I really don't think there is motivation for that.

I really doubt Trump will ever get pardoned by anyone. If he ends up getting convicted, of course.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    This feels like some kind of frightening prophecy. I live in Florida and DeSantis is just the worst. President DeSantis is a terrifying possibility. He's a smarter fascist than Trump.
    Yup, I live in Florida too and the thought of a DeSantis presidency is terrifying. He's just as evil but knows how to play the game much better.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    That’s always been the concern. That someone just as psychotic as Trump, but a savvier politician than him would be the GQP standard bearer, and DeathSantis is clearly the choice.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. They will think he's some commando himself and would have helped them find Nancy Pelosi and Mike Pence.

To a normal person it makes him look unhinged as Hell.

But sadly you are right.
    I thought the same thing after listening to some of the recap about Trump trying to grab the steering wheel and assaulting his own Secret Service man in the limo. He had a wild fit of temporary insanity. But many have felt Trump does have some mental health issues. His lack of empathy and constant lying are signs. He probably sociopathic but hey, I'm not a professional. it just looks so obvious at this point.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar