Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556
    Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

As part of the F.B.I. and Justice Department’s investigation into efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election, federal investigators have seized the phones of advisors to Mr. Trump, including Boris Epshteyn, an in-house counsel who helps coordinate Mr. Trump’s legal efforts, and Mike Roman, a campaign strategist who was the director of Election Day operations for the Trump campaign in 2020. Federal investigators also seized the cellphone of John Eastman, a legal architect of Mr. Trump’s efforts to overturn his 2020 election loss,and the phone of another lawyer, Jeffrey Clark, whom Mr. Trump had sought at one point to install as the acting attorney general.
    Any charges in the Federal District Court for the District of Columbia — where the Jan. 6 grand jury has been operating — would obviously not just raise additional legal peril for Trump, but would come in a jurisdiction where the jury pool may be less friendly toward him on average than in the area around Palm Beach County, where Mr. Smith brought charges over his hoarding of sensitive government files at his Florida club and estate, Mar-a-Lago.

NYT: Trump Faces Possible Indictment in Capitol Attack Investigation

Last edited by CaptainEurope; 07-18-2023 at 01:49 PM.

*looks back to Fani Willis in Georgia and the Arizona AG*

More. MORE!
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Breaking on @MSNBC
    :

Two attorneys with direct knowledge of the Trump target letter tell NBC News that, within the letter, three federal statutes are mentioned:

• Deprivation of rights under color of law
    • Conspiracy to defraud the U.S.
    • Tampering with a witness

"Deprivation of rights under color of law," also known as "color of law" abuse, refers to a situation in which a person, typically a government official or someone acting with government authority, violates an individual's civil rights or constitutional rights while pretending to be acting within the scope of the law. The term "color of law" comes from the phrase "under color of law," which means acting with the appearance or authority of the law.

When a person abuses their position of authority, such as a police officer, government official, or any other public servant, to violate someone's rights, it is considered a deprivation of rights under color of law. This can include actions like unlawful arrests, false imprisonment, excessive use of force, racial discrimination, or any other violation of an individual's rights protected by law.

Deprivation of rights under color of law is a serious offense and is a violation of the United States Code, Title 18, Section 242, which makes it a crime for anyone acting under the color of law to willfully deprive a person of their rights protected by the Constitution or federal law. If convicted, perpetrators can face significant fines and imprisonment.

The law aims to protect individuals from abuses of power and ensure that those in authority act responsibly and within the confines of the law while carrying out their duties.

ABC News has a bit of a bombshell story about Mike Pence.

But, the sources said, with the pressure on Pence mounting, he concluded on Christmas Eve -- just for a moment -- that he would follow Trump's suggestion and let someone else preside over the proceedings on Jan. 6, writing in his notes that doing otherwise would be "too hurtful to my friend."

"Not feeling like I should attend electoral count," Pence wrote in his notes in late December. "Too many questions, too many doubts, too hurtful to my friend. Therefore I'm not going to participate in certification of election."

Then, sitting across the table from his son, a Marine, while on vacation in Colorado, his son said to him, "Dad, you took the same oath I took" -- it was "an oath to support and defend the Constitution," Pence recalled to Smith's investigators, sources said.
    So, far from being a hero, it took the combined pressure of Dan Quayle (which we previously knew) and his Marine son to get him to do the bare minimum.

This also explains why Grassley thought he would be presiding.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post

So, far from being a hero, it took the combined pressure of Dan Quayle (which we previously knew) and his Marine son to get him to do the bare minimum.

“Too hurtful to my friend” JFC.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

I wonder if Pence regrets doing his job that day.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post

I don't believe this self serving sh*t for one second.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    “Too hurtful to my friend” JFC.
    I wonder if Pence had any idea that loyalty to his “friend” wasn’t going to be reciprocated? Trump doesn’t have friends, only lackeys, cannon fodder and disposable assets, he wouldn’t had batted an eyelash if the mob had strung him up that fateful day.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

DOJ seeks 6-month sentence for former Trump aide Peter Navarro

Prosecutors say Peter Navarro — a former trade adviser to Donald Trump — should go to jail for six months and pay a $200,000 fine for defying a subpoena from the House Jan. 6 select committee.

“The Defendant chose allegiance to former President Donald Trump over the rule of law,” argued Assistant U.S. Attorney Elizabeth Aloi in a 20-page sentencing memo submitted Thursday night.

Navarro, who will be sentenced by a federal judge next week after being convicted in September on two misdemeanor contempt of Congress charges, “thumbed his nose at Congressional authority” and would likely do so again to serve the “political interests of his allies and patrons,” Aloi argued.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I wonder if Pence had any idea that loyalty to his “friend” wasn’t going to be reciprocated? Trump doesn’t have friends, only lackeys, cannon fodder and disposable assets, he wouldn’t had batted an eyelash if the mob had strung him up that fateful day.
    Lust and lackies. That's all Trump's got.

These 6 months sentences are complete BS.

If I commit voter fraud in my state, I get 2 years in jail.

This ****heads interfered in a Federal election on a national scale and broke into.Federal building.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    These 6 months sentences are complete BS.

If I commit voter fraud in my state, I get 2 years in jail.

This ****heads interfered in a Federal election on a national scale and broke into.Federal building.
    Keep in mind that this one is for ignoring the subpoena, not for actual acts on January 6.

Donald adviser Peter Navarro has just been sentenced to four months in prison for ignoring his January 6 subpoena.

The judge delivered a sharp rebuke:

“Let’s make clear, Dr. Navarro, you are not a victim. You are not the object of a political prosecution… These are circumstances of your own making,” U.S. District Judge Amit P. Mehta said.

Astonishing Member

Doing even a day of jail time to protect Trump is just goofy.