Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I'm now wondering if it was a Hail Mary at a mistrial.
    Jones may (and think he has tried) to say that there was a mistrial because his lawyers were incompetent. That excuse can only go so far. A poor person who had a public defender who may have not done a good job for inexperience, bias, or conflict of interest reasons could be grounds for a mistrial. A rich person who pays good money for high-priced attorneys, may not have much of a case.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Unlikely. What could they claim?

"Sorry, we accidentally provided the evidence that we were legally required to?"

Mistrials at Civil cases are very rare.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Jones may (and think he has tried) to say that there was a mistrial because his lawyers were incompetent. That excuse can only go so far. A poor person who had a public defender who may have not done a good job for inexperience, bias, or conflict of interest reasons could be grounds for a mistrial. A rich person who pays good money for high-priced attorneys, may not have much of a case.
    Well, with the SCotUS ruling that having an incompetent lawyer shouldn't prevent your execution, it shouldn't help Jones either. Of course, the way the Supreme Court has been acting lately they may need to change the name to the Injustice System.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Well, with the SCotUS ruling that having an incompetent lawyer shouldn't prevent your execution, it shouldn't help Jones either. Of course, the way the Supreme Court has been acting lately they may need to change the name to the Injustice System.
    I wouldn't put it past SCOTUS to try and get Jones off the hook.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Neither would I. Half the time they seem to pick the winner of the case based on political affiliation.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Trump's getting so feeble minded he might think he can still pardon Jones!

Trump baselessly claims that Jan. 6 instigators and Gretchen Whitmer kidnap plot were 'fake' in CPAC speech

As another example, the sting they did involving Gretchen Whitmer was fake. Just like those who instigated January 6. It was a fake deal. Fake. It was a fake deal," Trump said.
    Just can't keep his story straight.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It doesn’t matter as long as his cultists gleefully continue swallowing his bullshit without question.

Is Trump in the habit of telling fake people they are special and he loves them?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Is Trump in the habit of telling fake people they are special and he loves them?
    One of these days Trump is going to give a speech to an empty room and no one will give a *bleep*. He's crazy enough to convince himself that the empty room is full, and that the media are covering it, and that he still matters.

Of course, this is a prediction for the future. Right now there is still enough sorry folk out there that still want to listen to him ramble his nonsense.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    One of these days Trump is going to give a speech to an empty room and no one will give a *bleep*. He's crazy enough to convince himself that the empty room is full, and that the media are covering it, and that he still matters.

Of course, this is a prediction for the future. Right now there is still enough sorry folk out there that still want to listen to him ramble his nonsense.
    Trump gave a voice to the legions of voiceless racists, misogynists, homophobes and xenophobes from coast to coast, so they’ll ALWAYS love him for that.

Ultimate Member

Trump gave a voice to the legions of voiceless racists, misogynists, homophobes and xenophobes from coast to coast, so they’ll ALWAYS love him for that.
    I'm not racist, I'm a Trumper/MAGA/Republican!

...sigh

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm not racist, I'm a Trumper/MAGA/Republican!

...sigh
    Yep. Its all about the Taxes and Trade deals.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Well, does Melania count?