Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I hope you can or at least a good recap. There was a lot to take in today. Donahue nailed it.

And just a heads up it may seem like a Comedy Central Roast of Clark. But it is the legit hearings.
    Watching the MSNBC recap, which is pretty good. Not quite as good as the real thing, but still.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The thing that I find funny. Is all of the What is the DOJ doing? talk. They did raid Clark's house Yesterday. We didnt know that was coming. You know who else was in the dark about it?

Clark!

Because the DOJ does not tell John and Jane Public in daily press briefings about ongoing criminal investigations.

For all of those wondering why they havnt gotten a Phone call yet about what the AG is doing about this? Just calm down a bit. Clark didnt get that info until a very loud knock at his door.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The thing that I find funny. Is all of the What is the DOJ doing? talk. They did raid Clark's house Yesterday. We didnt know that was coming. You know who else was in the dark about it?

Clark!

Because the DOJ does not tell John and Jane Public in daily press briefings about ongoing criminal investigations.

For all of those wondering why they havnt gotten a Phone call yet about what the AG is doing about this? Just calm down a bit. Clark didnt get that info until a very loud knock at his door.
    An additional factor is that the justice department doesn't want to have conflicts with the congressional investigation.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

This January 6th committee thing is stunning.

In any other democracy, this sort of thing would be a massive scandal.

But in the US, it seems that some people are still giving power to the perpetrators of what was quite clearly an attempt to overturn an election. It's stunning and scary at the same time.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This January 6th committee thing is stunning.

In any other democracy, this sort of thing would be a massive scandal.

But in the US, it seems that some people are still giving power to the perpetrators of what was quite clearly an attempt to overturn an election. It's stunning and scary at the same time.
    Totally agree. People should be up in arms over this but I fear it is because of the religion factor in the Trump following. I don't know how true this is but it's been written in articles about how there is a high percentange of evangelical Christians. Trump's MAGA slogan embodies what they believe. Make America Great Again implies that we are worse off somehow having a diverse society. He is their savior. And it is so hypocrtical of these Bible thumpers.

Interesting piece on Morning Joe yesterday on this.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Totally agree. People should be up in arms over this but I fear it is because of the religion factor in the Trump following. I don't know how true this is but it's been written in articles about how there is a high percentange of evangelical Christians. Trump's MAGA slogan embodies what they believe. Make America Great Again implies that we are worse off somehow having a diverse society. He is their savior. And it is so hypocrtical of these Bible thumpers.

Interesting piece on Morning Joe yesterday on this.

Bible thumpers and holy rollers who climbed in bed with Trump are the absolute worst sort of hypocrites. The fact they threw in with a degenerate who single-handedly broke most of the Ten Commandments is beyond disgusting, and all because he promised to kill Roe v. Wade. But today they love the orange bastards because he hates the same people they do, nothing more complicated than that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

fonew.jpg

This time, the hearings made it to the lower part of the FoxNews frontpage, even.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    The sick thing is if the GOP win midterms that same list of trash, shady pardon beggars some of them will sit on prominent commitees. when they really should be tossed out on their asses
    I hope and pray that the GOP don't get the House back.

And I hope if the Democrats hang on to it, they sure as f*** don't seat people who have committed crimes and violated their oath to the Constitution per the 14th Amendment. Seat the members of the GOP caucus who win re-election but DIDN'T participate in a coup attempt. Hold everybody else accountable if their voters didn't, and force the GOP to find new candidates that haven't violated the 14th.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I am waiting for tomorrow like it is the Super Bowl and Game 7 of the World series all in one.

I know that is Hype but an unschudled hearing a week after they said they were breaking until July.

I am really hoping it is something from the Doc film or Ginni being nailed to the wall! Ok Thomas you want to over turn womans rights and gay marriage? Well we are going to go ahead and put your wife on blast and prove all the illegal **** she did and forward it to the DOJ. Thanks for playing
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I am waiting for tomorrow like it is the Super Bowl and Game 7 of the World series all in one.

I know that is Hype but an unschudled hearing a week after they said they were breaking until July.

I am really hoping it is something from the Doc film or Ginni being nailed to the wall! Ok Thomas you want to over turn womans rights and gay marriage? Well we are going to go ahead and put your wife on blast and prove all the illegal **** she did and forward it to the DOJ. Thanks for playing
    Yeah, I'll be at work, again. But I'll catch up on it when I get home.

Meanwhile in other News Eastman had his phone seized by the Feds.

The fact the GOP and the talking heads are going so strong about today being nothing and a waste of Time, I mean even more then normal, and there is so much Hunter Biden talk on their social media and even a bit on Twitter makes me think they are really worried about today.

The fact the GOP and the talking heads are going so strong about today being nothing and a waste of Time, I mean even more then normal, and there is so much Hunter Biden talk on their social media and even a bit on Twitter makes me think they are really worried about today.
    And I'd wager most of the "Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden" crowd on social media... aren't people, but bot accounts trying to bury the lede.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Just at a loss for words at what I am hearing.