Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    The Washington Post reports that the January 6th committee has obtained emails between disgraced Trump lawyer John Eastman and insurrection supporter Ginni Thomas that show Thomas was more involved than previously known in efforts to preemptively overthrow the newly elected government.
    Which, I hope, brings heat down on Clarence Thomas, because there's no way in hell he DIDN'T know about what wifey was up to.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Which, I hope, brings heat down on Clarence Thomas, because there's no way in hell he DIDN'T know about what wifey was up to.
    Then Clarence Thomas should be impeached and convicted.

Fifteen federal judges have been impeached . Of those fifteen: eight were convicted by the Senate, four were acquitted by the Senate, and three resigned before an outcome at trial.

https://ballotpedia.org/Impeachment_...e%20at%20trial.

But given the political climate and partisan strife in Washington, what are the odds of impeaching a Justice?

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Then Clarence Thomas should be impeached and convicted.

Fifteen federal judges have been impeached . Of those fifteen: eight were convicted by the Senate, four were acquitted by the Senate, and three resigned before an outcome at trial.

https://ballotpedia.org/Impeachment_...e%20at%20trial.

But given the political climate and partisan strife in Washington, what are the odds of impeaching a Justice?
    They would need to prove things that are currently speculated.

What's the specific argument for impeaching Clarence Thomas now?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely?

That is a straight up nonsensical move.

While Pence is no political genius?

He actually is probably smart enough to know that he would have right around "Zero..." chance to win in a General if he actually went "End Of The Wild Bunch..." on Trump during a primary.

If doing so will mean that he has almost no chance during a General, why not just stay off of the board entirely?

What is the reward in making practically certain that you won't be elected President?

Only way that I can see it is the guy was carrying that big of a grudge around. Thus far? Does not seem to be the case.
    It could make sense for Pence to take down Trump as a way to bolster his legacy.

If he's responsible for helping someone else win the Republican presidential primary, Pence gets to be a good guy in American history.

It would be best for him to recognize that his chances of winning the presidency are pretty low so he shouldn't prioritize that. He's a white guy in his mid-60s who is not considered a major-level political talent. He isn't the first choice for enough Republicans, nor does he have unique advantages in a general election environment.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If someone is on the sidelines and not voting(which is usually right around one-third or voting age US adults...)?

It is straight up goofy to wonder if there are "Undecided..." voters.

That said, repeatedly getting nothing much done while blaming it on Republicans is not exactly going to get those folks off of the bench.
    It's a fair point that when we talk about undecided voters we generally mean in the context of people who vote consistently but not for the same party.

There are a lot of voters on the sides, although it's not clear that they would be motivated by any particular policy agenda.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I am looking forward to today. I am glad we get to hear more on Pence.

But I am bummed we dont have any statements from pence himself.

It bugs me there is so much Pence Praise in the media and how he stood up to Trump for certifying the election. He didnt stand up to anyone. All he did was his damn job! And when he had a chance to make a statement and talk about all the things that Trump said and did leading up to the 6th and after he sat on his hands. He went back and kissed the ass of the man who called the people there to hang him Special people and he loved them.

So Pence didnt stand up to anyone and he has his role in this he has to answer for.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If the e-mails don't implicate him, Thomas can easily deny he was aware of this.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If the e-mails don't implicate him, Thomas can easily deny he was aware of this.
    He still could not claim neutrality in any case that, even in the smallest way, touches the failed coup, Donald Trump, any of Trump's advisors...

I love all the GOP cult and Fox News yelling

"Let us tell our side! Give us equal time!"

Isnt pretty much everyone they interviewed in these hearings on tv and the videos they showed of past interviews. Wernt they all Republicans, and GOP staff members and Government officials?

Seems to me they are doing a damn good job getting their side out there.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Well, they have to have something to tell to the Fox News zombies.

I love that NBC is not letting a thing like money from Sponsors get in the way of a hearing that reveals facts of domestic terrorism and sedition. Good for them for showing Golf

So, how was it?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    So, how was it?
    Still going on. Luttig was slow and dry but the stuff he had to say was very important.

But because of how slow and Dry he was and the fact he looked Nervous the GOP cult will dismiss him as an old rambling man who said nothing.

They laid out a clear case that Pence could not just throw out the election, Could not just name their own electors. That Trump knew this and was told this many times but still told Pence to do it any where.

And Trumps big way to sway Pence? "If you dont do this I wont be your friend anymore."

The president used the same tactic on Pence to get him to do something Highly illegal as an 8 year old uses to get his pal to let him ride his new Bike.

Trump was warned that this would lead to violence but he and Eastman blew it off. Eastman also saying. "There has always been violence in this country."

Eastman also knew it was illegal but to do it any way because the SC would not weigh in on it anyway.

Sickening.

They also showed that when Trump said to Newsweek I think it was that he and Pence were on the same page and Pence agreed to do what he wanted that Pence had already made it clear over and over that he was not.

I didnt see this first hand. But it has been said by many people that while the hearing was on Recess that MSNBC claims the DOJ has filed multiple charges and will be annonced in the next 24 to 48 hours as to who and what the charges are.
    It has to be Eastman on the top of that list. I doubt it will be Trump but man Eastman needs to be in jail.

I mean after being told he needs a good lawyer his words were. "I need to be on the pardon list."

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I love that NBC is not letting a thing like money from Sponsors get in the way of a hearing that reveals facts of domestic terrorism and sedition. Good for them for showing Golf
    It's not like NBC has only one, single channel . . .

Besides, why shouldn't NBC offer other alternatives on their different stations? Some people may not want to sit through all this and just wait instead for the highlights to get shown later on during the evening news or some other talking heads program.