Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

I love how in his closing that Luttig pointed out that in 2024 how Trump and his allies are already talking about trying to over turn the 2024 election.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    So, how was it?
    They're establishing a timeline of all that took place on Jan. 6th, what Trump knew and had been told, and what he said and tweeted with full knowledge of what might happen.
    They have multiple witnesses under oath including his daughter who was in the room for various conversations and descriptions of Trumps comments, attitude and actions along with documentation from the federal archives.

I have to say, I'm cautiously optimistic there may be criminal charges headed Trumps way.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I love all the GOP cult and Fox News yelling

"Let us tell our side! Give us equal time!"

Isnt pretty much everyone they interviewed in these hearings on tv and the videos they showed of past interviews. Wernt they all Republicans, and GOP staff members and Government officials?

Seems to me they are doing a damn good job getting their side out there.
    Point out the truth. Republicans DO have a say on the panel. *gestures at Cheney and Kinzinger*.

This was supposed to be an independent commission, anyway, but Republicans VOTED AGAINST THAT.

They can bitch about equal time, but they rejected involvement unless it involved putting people on the Committee like Jim Jordan who were aware of the plot.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Big News on Fox News with Tucker. After all the bombshells with Eastmans Emails and the Hearing. Tucker is Ranting about Dr F having Covid. THe biggest story in America right now according to Fox News.

Also Biden's Diary is make the rounds on so e places again and I am sure we are going to hear about Biden touching his daughter in the next few days as a distraction.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Point out the truth. Republicans DO have a say on the panel. *gestures at Cheney and Kinzinger*.

This was supposed to be an independent commission, anyway, but Republicans VOTED AGAINST THAT.

They can bitch about equal time, but they rejected involvement unless it involved putting people on the Committee like Jim Jordan who were aware of the plot.
    And putting Gym Jordan on the panel would’ve turned the proceedings into a clown show, knowing his habit for histrionics.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Big News on Fox News with Tucker. After all the bombshells with Eastmans Emails and the Hearing. Tucker is Ranting about Dr F having Covid. THe biggest story in America right now according to Fox News.

Also Biden's Diary is make the rounds on so e places again and I am sure we are going to hear about Biden touching his daughter in the next few days as a distraction.
    The story is an 80 year old man tested positive, but thanks to the vaccine has few symptoms. And remains in good health. Though Fux News would never say that.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    He still could not claim neutrality in any case that, even in the smallest way, touches the failed coup, Donald Trump, any of Trump's advisors...
    He can, and the assumption is we give the benefit of the doubt. We all know in reality that there's a 6-3 conservative split, but we're supposed to assume they're able to put that aside when they're deciding on cases. It's a flawed system, because it was created by and is occupied by human beings. We do the best we can with what we have, taking into account having to satisfy 300 plus million people and their opinions, vast areas of ignorance (that we all have), and political and social affiliations.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Judges have recused themselves, though, in the past.
    I should have said "believable claim neutrality" I guess?

Anyway:

8 takeaways from the January 6 hearings day 3

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Also, traitor Ginni Thomas says she is looking forward to talking to the panel after they invited her. This is me hoping it's dangerous hubris from someone who never had to face any consequences to her actions on account of her being rich, white and powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Also, traitor Ginni Thomas says she is looking forward to talking to the panel after they invited her. This is me hoping it's dangerous hubris from someone who never had to face any consequences to her actions on account of her being rich, white and powerful.
    Her talking to them. I will believe it when I see it. She is all fine with the I cant wait to talk to them and clear things up. But when it comes time to do it I can see some one talking her into backing out or her just rethinking it on her own.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Her talking to them. I will believe it when I see it. She is all fine with the I cant wait to talk to them and clear things up. But when it comes time to do it I can see some one talking her into backing out or her just rethinking it on her own.
    Or, if she does show up, chances are she’ll give the committee the middle finger by pleading the fifth. Thomas might be arrogant enough to believe she’s above the law because she’s married to a Justice, but, that doesn’t mean she’ll be stupid enough to babble like a brook about her activities surrounding what happened on 1/6. I’m seeing this as one huge nothingburger because she won’t reveal anything.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Or, if she does show up, chances are she’ll give the committee the middle finger by pleading the fifth. Thomas might be arrogant enough to believe she’s above the law because she’s married to a Justice, but, that doesn’t mean she’ll be stupid enough to babble like a brook about her activities surrounding what happened on 1/6. I’m seeing this as one huge nothingburger because she won’t reveal anything.
    Pretty much. She will pull an Eastman. Dude pleaded the 5th over 100 times. I wonder if she will break that.

Pleading the 5th means you fear prosecution. The wife of a Supreme Court Justice will show she believes she has acted in a way that could be seen as crimi al. Not a good optic. Especially since it has been reported Clarence tells her about all the inner workings of the Court.
    So plead away Ginni.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Pleading the 5th means you fear prosecution. The wife of a Supreme Court Justice will show she believes she has acted in a way that could be seen as crimi al. Not a good optic. Especially since it has been reported Clarence tells her about all the inner workings of the Court.
    So plead away Ginni.
    The more common reason to plead the 5th is fear of incriminating yourself because you were forced to do something or unknowingly did something(usually while someone higher up got the benefits like in my case) illegal.

You see it in whistle blower cases fairly often, too.

Speaking from experience, I found that is WAY more common than actually being guilty. Like in a 97/100 ratio.

Either of the above scenarios would actually be worse for a SCOTUS judge and impeachable.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Trump claims he never asked Pence to over turn the election.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...rce=reddit.com