Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That’s always been the concern. That someone just as psychotic as Trump, but a savvier politician than him would be the GQP standard bearer, and DeathSantis is clearly the choice.
    And what's worse is that I feel the the Democrats don't have a strong enough answer to him unless Biden makes some progress before 2024. A lot of things going on right now are really out of his hands but who knows where we will be one or two years from now. Putting the kibosh on Putin would help. It's too bad we just can't send a squad after him like with Bin Laden.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Tami I know you couldnt watch today. I dont know if you have a place to watch the recap but here is a link to the whole thing.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?521387...capitol-attack
    Thanks. I just got home from work.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Yup, I live in Florida too and the thought of a DeSantis presidency is terrifying. He's just as evil but knows how to play the game much better.
    What part are you in mate? I'm in the sweaty armpit, more commonly known as the panhandle.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That’s always been the concern. That someone just as psychotic as Trump, but a savvier politician than him would be the GQP standard bearer, and DeathSantis is clearly the choice.
    Yep. He'll probably win too. Because the GQP have infiltrated the elections infrastructure and because Biden will be the bloke on the ticket against him. I just don't see Biden winning against that. There is too much apathy.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

A Timeline of the Key Scenes in Cassidy Hutchinson’s Jan. 6 Testimony

Mr. Meadows and Mr. Trump are told that attendees at the president’s rally are armed.
    Mr. Trump demands that security checkpoints at his rally be removed, saying, ‘They’re not here to hurt me.’
    White House aides learn that Capitol Police were at risk of becoming ‘overrun’ by rioters.
    Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, the House Republican leader, angrily calls Ms. Hutchinson and tells her not to let Mr. Trump come to the Capitol.
    Mr. Trump becomes furious when told he cannot go to the Capitol with his supporters, attempting to grab his vehicle’s steering wheel from his driver.
    White House counsel warns Meadows: ‘Something needs to be done or people are going to die.’
    Mr. Meadows tells White House counsel that Mr. Trump thinks Vice President Mike Pence ‘deserves’ to be hung.
    Mr. Trump tweets that Mr. Pence ‘didn’t have the courage’ to overturn the election.
    White House aides draft a statement denouncing the rioters who breached the building, but it is never issued.

A question.

Trump called Hutchinson a liar when she claimed he wanted to let people with weapon into the rally. So does that video crew that was following him around have that statement on camera? That would be a great get.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    What part are you in mate? I'm in the sweaty armpit, more commonly known as the panhandle.
    Central, about an 40 minutes out from Orlando, so one of the slightly less "Florida" sections of Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Central, about an 40 minutes out from Orlando, so one of the slightly less "Florida" sections of Florida.
    Nice, I'm a little envious, lol.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Just saw the video this evening of Mike Flynn taking the fifth ammendment numerous times during his video testimony with Senator Cheney. He even pleaded the fifth when asked if he believed in the peaceful transition of power in the United States of America!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Just saw the video this evening of Mike Flynn taking the fifth ammendment numerous times during his video testimony with Senator Cheney. He even pleaded the fifth when asked if he believed in the peaceful transition of power in the United States of America!

I wish he was asked a question like, 'What does 2 + 2 =?' (no, it does not equal 5th)

Or 'what grade were you in when you lost your virginity?' "Fifth"

Or 'What was the date in January when you plotted to overthrow the government?' "Fifth"

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I wish he was asked a question like, 'What does 2 + 2 =?' (no, it does not equal 5th)

Or 'what grade were you in when you lost your virginity?' "Fifth"

Or 'What was the date in January when you plotted to overthrow the government?' "Fifth"
    Apparently, that is how The Fifth works:

Pleading the Fifth

When you are called to the stand to testify, you will hear the prosecutor say something akin to, "the prosecution calls (your name) to the witness stand." Approach the witness stand, which is the box located next to the judge's bench at the head of the courtroom. The bailiff will then ask you if you "swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, under penalty of perjury, so help you God?" Respond with "I do" or "yes," then sit down.

Immediately after sitting, turn to the judge and say, "Your honor, I respectfully invoke my rights under the Fifth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution on the grounds that answering questions may incriminate me." The judge may direct you to provide your full name, to which you should comply. Answering any other questions will effectively waive your right to take the fifth, and you will then need to answer any additional questions asked of you while on the stand.

Wait until you are excused from the witness stand, then step down and return to the gallery. If you have no other business in court to attend to, you may leave as soon as you are excused.
    https://legalbeagle.com/5902144-fifth.html

Edit: Though other legal websites dispute that.
    Last edited by CaptainEurope; 06-29-2022 at 01:56 AM.

i mean the Feds took his phone so I can see why he dropped it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Apparently, that is how The Fifth works:

https://legalbeagle.com/5902144-fifth.html

Edit: Though other legal websites dispute that.
    Yes, this is my understanding from school. Its all or nothing. However I thought that you had to invoke it even before choosing to take the stand. If you go up there and get sworn in, that means you are intending to answer questions.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Cassidy Hutchinson, a former aide to Trump's White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, told the January 6 committee that she was contacted by someone who was attempting to influence her testimony
    https://twitter.com/ZcohenCNN/status...46816637468673