Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The testimony of Officer Edwards on what happened during the riot was chilling.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The testimony of Officer Edwards on what happened during the riot was chilling.
    It was, but also the filmmaker confirmed that there was a plan behind the chaos.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It was, but also the filmmaker confirmed that there was a plan behind the chaos.
    There certainly was, and that too was chilling.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm not sure what I'm expecting here. If everything we know about Trump and 1/6 isn't already enough to throw the bastard in jail for treason isn't already enough, I'm not sure what else will. Don't get me wrong, I get no shortage of satisfaction that even Bonespurs Copelord's own daughter knows her daddy was full of **** about the election being stolen. But if the insurection, the georgia phone call, the fake electors, and the coup powerpoint weren't enough? the wtf is????

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I'm not sure what I'm expecting here. If everything we know about Trump and 1/6 isn't already enough to throw the bastard in jail for treason isn't already enough, I'm not sure what else will. Don't get me wrong, I get no shortage of satisfaction that even Bonespurs Copelord's own daughter knows her daddy was full of **** about the election being stolen. But if the insurection, the georgia phone call, the fake electors, and the coup powerpoint weren't enough? the wtf is????
    I very much doubt this will get Trump behind bars because to be honest that is never going to happen.

What this does do is put out the real undeniable facts (Though many still will. I have a person in my house bitching about how Pelosi wouldnt let them call the National Guard.) Maybe some of the more "I dont care much about voting" or the one who claim they are not coming out because Biden didnt bring America to a utopia and stop racism in a single day. maybe they will see what happened and how close we are to it happening again. maybe this will motivate people.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    i wonder why the GOP house members after the 6th were wanting Trump to give them a pardon after the 6th? Did they do anything?
    Nobody seeks a pardon without consciously acknowledging they committed some kind of crime, by the legal definition of both.

F***ers are guilty as sin, and they know it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

"I did not do anything, but just in case the Deep State and activist judges try to pin something on innocent ole me, could I bother you for a Presidential Pardon?"

Will American voters care?

The footage also showed how the crowd took its cues directly from Trump, with one rioter reading a Trump tweet on a megaphone for the other rioters to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Will American voters care?
    Unfortunately I don’t think this will change a thing. 50% of the country gets their alternative facts from Fox News, Newsmax, etc. and even incontrovertible proof of a coup wouldn’t sway them.

Also, the American public has shown that they don’t really care if one party is trying to destroy democracy and is openly promoting white nationalist views, as long as the price of gas is lower when they’re in power it’s all good.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-10-2022 at 12:24 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    How about Ivanka saying in that video there is no fraud?

Guess she is out of the will.
    That one surprised me. She's always been Daddy's girl. But I've also read that she and Jared always thought they would be big wheels in NYC society but they really were naive about that. Trump has never been popular in NYC so they are poison to that crowd.

Liz Cheney's summing up at the end was great.

People need to take another look at this, especially the moderate Republicans who might vote for Trump and hold their nose. What he did was treasonous. I was watching former AG Eric Holder's interview on Bill Maher last week and he said he can't understand what is taking so long for Trump to be indicted for trying to get the Georgia's Secretary of State Bill Raffensberger to find enough votes to flip the Georgia election in his favor. They have the audio. As Cheney's summing up said, there's enough on him and Steve Bannon to show that they orchestrated January 6th with the Proud Boys. He may not have directly communicated to the Proud Boys but they got the message loud and clear.

"You've got him on tape saying find me 11,780 votes," Holder said. "That one is close to a layup, it seems to me," and added that the Georgia probe could also become part of a federal case against Trump.

Holder went on to predict that "a lot of high-level people in the Trump administration, I suspect the president himself, people at the Justice Department, are all going to find themselves on a little document that says, 'The United States vs. fill-in the blank.'"
    .....so why is this taking so long to indict Trump??
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-10-2022 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Unfortunately I don’t think this will change a thing. 50% of the country gets their alternative facts from Fox News, Newsmax, etc. and even incontrovertible proof of a coup wouldn’t sway them.

Also, the American public has shown that they don’t really care if one party is trying to destroy democracy and is openly promoting white nationalist views, as long as the price of gas is lower when they’re in power it’s all good.
    I think it is more like 30%, but Republicans have managed to create a context where 30% wins elections.

This was a good line:

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

.....so why is this taking so long to indict Trump??
    One guy's take?

A politician is pretty rarely going to work to hold another politician to true account.

Say it?

Sure, that's been known to happen.

Actually do it?

That happens far less often.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    This was a good line:

That entire party has been "Bought And Paid For..." for a very long time now.

The idea that their honor didn't go out the window right around then?

That is unlikely.

The idea that any of them will fret over the state of honor that they sold off long ago?

I just don't see anything like that actually happening.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That entire party has been "Bought And Paid For..." for a very long time now.

The idea that their honor didn't go out the window right around then?

That is unlikely.

The idea that any of them will fret over the state of honor that they sold off long ago?

I just don't see anything like that actually happening.
    So is it your assessment that Dick Cheney's daughter should better not have said that?