Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

October 13th is the tentative date of the next J6 Committee Public Hearings.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

It's on! It's live!

Thompson clarified that this is a formal committee meeting, not just a hearing. That means they can take a vote on issuing more subpoenas…. today.

I love how he pointed out all the members of the GOP and Trump's inner circle testified for them. "When do we get our say?" Well you GOP Morons you have had your say and it is damming to your cause.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

NBC News is reporting that the 6th committee at the end of the hearing will vote to subpoena Trump.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I notice the diversity of the people working for Trump who are testifying. Some are white guys with short hair parted on the right, some are white guys with short hair parted on the left. A few are bald.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I notice the diversity of the people working for Trump who are testifying. Some are white guys with short hair parted on the right, some are white guys with short hair parted on the left. A few are bald.
    We all know the white guys with hair parted on the left are just affirmative action hires.

Came home at 3:00 and in time for the last hour. I missed the first two. Anyone watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Came home at 3:00 and in time for the last hour. I missed the first two. Anyone watching?
    Basically a lot of rehashing of the most damning evidence that they have against Trump.

I found the new footage from inside the Capital fascinating. They have video of Pelosi talking to the Governor about getting the National Guard, shooting down one major conspiracy theory on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Watched the whole thing. They closed with a vote to subpoena Trump to come speak under Oath.

There wasnt a whole lot new, there was a bit new. A lot of recapping. it did show Pelosi and Schumer during the attack and the leadership they showed.

And Raskin pointed out that Trump did engage in an insrutaction and that he shouldnt hold office again.

It did show just how much the Secret Service was hiding.

Astonishing Member

Damnit, what are the chances of Trump being forced to go to testify and facing consequences of his actions. I been told the GOP after NOV might take control and disband the investigation if that happened. that would be frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Damnit, what are the chances of Trump being forced to go to testify and facing consequences of his actions. I been told the GOP after NOV might take control and disband the investigation if that happened. that would be frustrating.
    The only way Trump will go before the 6th committee is if he ignores all legal advice and common sense because his ego wont let him stay quiet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Can they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Can they do that?
    He will refuse to come, like Bannon did. They can hold him in contempt of Congress, like they did with Bannon. The DOJ can react to that and charge Trump, like they did with Bannon, whose trial is still going on.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    He will refuse to come, like Bannon did. They can hold him in contempt of Congress, like they did with Bannon. The DOJ can react to that and charge Trump, like they did with Bannon, whose trial is still going on.
    Trump might come if he feels that it will give him publicity. No matter what he says, he is still an actor performing a role for his followers. He is the 'Standing on 5th Avenue with a dead guy at my feet and a smoking gun in my hand' guy. He still feels like he is immune and he will always have this immunity if his followers are entertained.