Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

The next step is the January 6th Report. Hopefully that will come out before the end of the year unless there is more evidence to follow up.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The next step is the January 6th Report. Hopefully that will come out before the end of the year unless there is more evidence to follow up.
    The word is in December.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump might come if he feels that it will give him publicity. No matter what he says, he is still an actor performing a role for his followers. He is the 'Standing on 5th Avenue with a dead guy at my feet and a smoking gun in my hand' guy. He still feels like he is immune and he will always have this immunity if his followers are entertained.
    If Trump to show up (I don’t think he would), I suspect he’d do nothing more than take the fifth, over, and over, and over.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Do you think the Secret Service is in deep, hot water over this? Is there a chance they might be overhauled in some way?

Do you think the Secret Service is in deep, hot water over this? Is there a chance they might be overhauled in some way?
    None. They want the Secret Service that are loyal to Trump and the GOP cult to stay where they are at.

And if the GOP wins the House then there is no chance of any kind of committee or investigation into their actions at all.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    None. They want the Secret Service that are loyal to Trump and the GOP cult to stay where they are at.

And if the GOP wins the House then there is no chance of any kind of committee or investigation into their actions at all.
    who are they? I doubt it's the Democrats in Congress.

who are they? I doubt it's the Democrats in Congress.
    Not the Dems. But there is only so much they can do with the reform if they are going to be blocked by the GOP at every turn. Let a Democrat come out and say they need reform in the Secret Service and watch every GOP talk about how things are fine, its a witch hunt, the Dems are trying to turn the Secret Service political. Etc...

This info on the Secret Service is new to us. But it is not new to the people in charge or to the powers that be. Has there been any talk of reform or a change of agents? A change or leadership? anything?

The current DHS IG is Joseph Cuffari, a Trump loyalist. I don't know why he is still there.
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/23/polit...pector-general
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I have a legit question. Can another Jan 6th happen in 2024? I mean you know they are going to have fences and police and maybe even the guard there if the GOP losses. So will the 6th crowd have the balls to go up against a well trained armed force? Or is this just a lot of click bait about it happening again?

To be honest I dont see the Oath keepers and proud Boys getting into a shoot out with law enforcement that is ready for them and has back up and maybe the guard.

Or would they and that would be the start of the Civil War that so many people fear?

Nothing will happen and it will just give Trump a talking point and free election coverage again.

Sigh...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The current DHS IG is Joseph Cuffari, a Trump loyalist. I don't know why he is still there.
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/23/polit...pector-general
    Easy...

This whole "It is 'Us' versus 'Them'..." bit?

It "For Show..." way more than it is "For Realz..."

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I have a legit question. Can another Jan 6th happen in 2024? I mean you know they are going to have fences and police and maybe even the guard there if the GOP losses. So will the 6th crowd have the balls to go up against a well trained armed force? Or is this just a lot of click bait about it happening again?

To be honest I dont see the Oath keepers and proud Boys getting into a shoot out with law enforcement that is ready for them and has back up and maybe the guard.

Or would they and that would be the start of the Civil War that so many people fear?
    No, because in Jan, 2025 Biden will still be in office and Trump would not be allowed to have a rally like that on the Mall. And Biden would have the full Nat. Guard out to keep things in line.
    You have to remember that the rioters where able to do what they did because Trump and the other traitors in his Administration wanted it to happen. The kept any security force away from the Capital.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Nothing will happen and it will just give Trump a talking point and free election coverage again.

Sigh...
    That's what I'm thinking too but at least there isn't someone to protect trump from testifying and answer written question instead.

Worst case, Nancy Pelosi would have made a good Temp President until Biden was sworn in.