Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

... or until a GOP President pardons them.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes sentenced to 18 years in prison for plot to keep Trump in power

Stewart Rhodes, the founder and leader of the Oath Keepers, was sentenced to 18 years in prison on Thursday for leading a far-reaching plot to keep then-President Donald Trump in power after he lost the 2020 election.

The sentence is the first handed down in over a decade for seditious conspiracy.

“What we absolutely cannot have is a group of citizens who – because they did not like the outcome of an election, who did not believe the law was followed as it should be – foment revolution,” District Judge Amit Mehta said before handing down the sentence. “That is what you did.”

“I dare say, Mr. Rhodes – and I never have said this to anyone I have sentenced – you pose an ongoing threat and peril to our democracy and the fabric of this country,” Mehta said.

The judge added: “I dare say we all now hold our collective breaths when an election is approaching. Will we have another January 6 again? That remains to be seen.”

Mehta said Rhodes, 58, has expressed no remorse and continues to be a threat.

“A seditious conspiracy, when you take those two concepts and put it together, is among the most serious crimes an American can commit,” the judge said. “It is an offense against the government to use force. It is an offense against the people of our country.”

Earlier on Thursday, Mehta ruled that Rhodes’ actions amounted to domestic terrorism.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Convicted January 6 Rioters Returned to the Scene of the Crime This Week

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) knows that his political theater deploring the alleged abuses of the January 6 prosecutions is incomplete without the presence of a bona fide convict.

“I did nothing wrong,” said John Strand in his testimony at a “field hearing” Gaetz staged at the US Capitol Visitor Center on Tuesday—coincidentally the same day that former president Donald Trump was arraigned on federal charges in Miami.

The 12 jurors who found Strand guilty on five criminal counts related to his participation in the insurrection would take issue with his declaration. He was sentenced on June 1 to nearly three years in prison. But Strand, a former international underwear model, may have committed another transgression just by participating in the congressional panel, which included Gaetz, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) By merely showing up in the Capitol, he appeared to violate a judge’s order that, while on release, he keep out of DC except for court hearings or probation meetings. In theory, he could face a new arrest for violating the release conditions.

Jan. 6 rioter who electroshocked Michael Fanone shouts 'Trump won' after receiving a 12.5 year sentence

Daniel "D.J." Rodriguez, who was wearing a MAGA hat when he drove a stun gun into the officer's neck at the Capitol, was arrested after the online "Sedition Hunters" community helped identify him.

WASHINGTON — A Donald Trump supporter who drove a stun gun into the neck of a D.C. police officer who was abducted by the mob during the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol shouted "Trump won" after being sentenced to 12.5 years in prison on Wednesday, multiple people present in the courtroom told NBC News.

Daniel "D.J." Rodriguez, a California man who traveled to D.C. with fellow Trump supporters who belonged to a Telegram group called the "PATRIOTS 45 MAGA Gang," pleaded guilty in February to felony conspiracy, obstruction of an official proceeding, tampering with documents or proceedings, and inflicting bodily injury on officers using a deadly or dangerous weapon.

"There will be blood," Rodriguez wrote in "MAGA Gang" Telegram chat on the night of Jan. 5, just hours before attending Trump's rally at the White House Ellipse. "Welcome to the revolution.”

On Jan. 6, after joining the fight in the Capitol's lower west tunnel — where some of the most violent scenes of the day played out — Rodriguez attacked officer Michael Fanone, later bragging about his actions in the Telegram chat.

“Omg I did so much f---ing s--- [right now] and got away,” Rodriguez wrote to fellow members of the Patriots 45 MAGA Gang. “Tazzed the f--- out of the blue.”
    He didn't get away for long.

Based on his quote at sentencing, I'd describe him as "unrepentant".
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

So many of these conservative terrorists chose to get a criminal record for a man that doesn't care about their fate.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    So many of these conservative terrorists chose to get a criminal record for a man that doesn't care about their fate.
    Thing is, they think he DOES care. I’m sure one of those morons would even stop a bullet for Trump, that’s how far gone they are.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Well he did call them special people and he loves them.

My aunt got one of those form letters that gets sent out to supporters with a stamped Trump Signature and she thinks the typed letter and stamped signature came from Trump himself.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Well he did call them special people and he loves them.

My aunt got one of those form letters that gets sent out to supporters with a stamped Trump Signature and she thinks the typed letter and stamped signature came from Trump himself.
    Bro, I'm so sorry.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Things are happening:
    Special counsel trades immunity for fake elector testimony as Jan 6 probe heats up

01:36 - Source: CNN
    Washington CNN —

Special counsel Jack Smith has compelled at least two Republican fake electors to testify to a federal grand jury in Washington in recent weeks by giving them limited immunity, part of a current push by federal prosecutors to swiftly nail down evidence in the sprawling criminal investigation into efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

The testimony, described to CNN by people familiar with the situation, comes after a year of relative dormancy around the fake electors portion of the investigation and as a parade of related witnesses are being told to appear before the grand jury with no chance for delay.

That activity could signal that investigators are nearing at least some charging decisions in a part of the 2020 election probe, sources added. It also comes just as the special counsel’s office filed charges against former President Donald Trump for his handling of classified documents

I think far too many Americans do not comprehend the scope of Trump's criminality and treasonous actions. They think it's an "all politicians do it". When, in fact, he is on a level of lawlessness unseen in American politics.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

wrong topic

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think far too many Americans do not comprehend the scope of Trump's criminality and treasonous actions. They think it's an "all politicians do it". When, in fact, he is on a level of lawlessness unseen in American politics.
    Oh, I think they comprehend what Trump is and what he’s done, they just don’t care. He’s their guy because he triggers the libs (Trump Derangement Syndrome they call it) and will ride or die with him.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Oh, I think they comprehend what Trump is and what he’s done, they just don’t care. He’s their guy because he triggers the libs (Trump Derangement Syndrome they call it) and will ride or die with him.
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-24-2023 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

No paywall:
    Giuliani Sat for Voluntary Interview in Jan. 6 Investigation

The voluntary interview, which took place under what is known as a proffer agreement, was a significant development in the election interference investigation led by Jack Smith, the special counsel, and the latest indication that Mr. Smith and his team are actively seeking witnesses who might cooperate in the case.

The session with Mr. Giuliani, the people familiar with it said, touched on some of the most important aspects of the special counsel’s inquiry into the ways that Mr. Trump sought to maintain his grip on power after losing the election to Joseph R. Biden Jr.