Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Incidentally, thank you for that so I didn't have to, it's noble of you to humor those being willfully obtuse.
    I know it wont mean anything in the end. But Putting out information is the only thing we can do. If people choose to ignore it on their own then shame on them.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I posted a Link where Cheny did name one name from the hearing and said she had evidence of him and others that will be revealed through the course of the hearing.
    The link is appreciated, but it doesn't quite match what others have said here.

Incidentally, thank you for that so I didn't have to, it's noble of you to humor those being willfully obtuse.
    Did you know that Scott Perry was the only person who was named when you made your earlier comment about how this is easy to Google, and that the Jim Banks pardon story has been confirmed by legit media?

I know it wont mean anything in the end. But Putting out information is the only thing we can do. If people choose to ignore it on their own then shame on them.
    This is a bit insulting.

What is anyone on this thread ignoring?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

We already knew last month that Arizona Congressman Andy Biggs was also named as someone who sought a pardon from the Trump White House, as named by the Jan. 6th Committee.

I believe I declared on Jan. 7th how foolish it would be to attempt to let Republicans attempt to drive the narrative following the failed coup attempt a day earlier, and that given the early excuses that it wasn't an attack planned and carried out by Trump supporters, but Antifa, I felt justified 17 months ago in that decision.

If over the next several hearings, if someone was committed to playing dumb on behalf of the Republican Party, at this point, one would have to consider lobotomizing themselves to make the act convincing.

Unless they're just without shame and want to embarrass themselves in front of the forum with flailing attempts to run from the truth that everyone can easily see through, of course.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

This is a bit insulting.

What is anyone on this thread ignoring?
    That wasnt really put at you as much as the QOP cult who see things on the media every day and see the real facts and ignore ignore them in favor of their own twisted logic and lies.

It could have been phrased better but at this point I dont care much about mistaken hurt feelings from the other side. After all the crap I hear last night in the hearing and Tucker and Hanity defending it and spreading lies. All the stuff I read on Burns not just the article I linked but the other stuff. I am just done with caring how anyone who supports that party feels.

I am in a pissy mood on the GOP right now. May say sorry later. But today I aint on that.
    Last edited by babyblob; 06-10-2022 at 03:53 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Cheney is nailing it! Damn she is doing a great job.
    I totally agree. Liz Cheney completely deserves the 2022 Profile in Courage Award. She should also be given the Medal of Freedom.
    https://www.jfklibrary.org/events-an...-courage-award

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I totally agree. Liz Cheney completely deserves the 2022 Profile in Courage Award. She should also be given the Medal of Freedom.
    I was given an odd sense of relief that one of the propagandists against foreign terror during the Bush (43) administration would be using her powers for good, and not evil, to report on the domestic terror threat that is Donald Trump, the Proud Boys, the Oathkeepers, and those in the Republican Party beholden to the lot of them in the fallout of Jan. 6th. Seeing the reports at her laying blame right on Jim Jordan for his role in it in the middle of the chaos, and just realizing...

Did... did she just flip sides, even while keeping her party registration because she knows what's best for the Republic?

Every time McCarthy, Scalise, Jordan, and Stefanik put a knife in her back for doing the right thing, they were only motivating her to go nuclear.

It's one of the most incredible developments of this whole saga.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Courage is right, knowing the mouth foaming mania of the lunatics who support Trump. If that mob were willing to storm the Capitol and lynch Mike Pence if they got their hands on him on 1/6, who knows what they’d do to Cheney who’s betrayed the party.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I was given an odd sense of relief that one of the propagandists against foreign terror during the Bush (43) administration would be using her powers for good, and not evil, to report on the domestic terror threat that is Donald Trump, the Proud Boys, the Oathkeepers, and those in the Republican Party beholden to the lot of them in the fallout of Jan. 6th. Seeing the reports at her laying blame right on Jim Jordan for his role in it in the middle of the chaos, and just realizing...

Did... did she just flip sides, even while keeping her party registration because she knows what's best for the Republic?

Every time McCarthy, Scalise, Jordan, and Stefanik put a knife in her back for doing the right thing, they were only motivating her to go nuclear.

It's one of the most incredible developments of this whole saga.
    She continues to vote against the Biden agenda, but she seems to be one of the rare Republicans who cares about democracy and she is very pissed off at the ones who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    She continues to vote against the Biden agenda, but she seems to be one of the rare Republicans who cares about democracy and she is very pissed off at the ones who don't.
    Or...

She is simply a grifter smart enough to grasp that a long con loses it's worth if you are setting fire to next week.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Ah, a nihilist.

AOC Tweets Gaetz, Greene and Boebert asking if they asked for Pardons.

https://news.yahoo.com/alexandria-oc...014842117.html

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Or...

She is simply a grifter smart enough to grasp that a long con loses it's worth if you are setting fire to next week.

On Chaney. I am not sure what her grift is. She is hated by her party and is most likely going to lose her seat. But on the hearing She nailed. She did an amazing job. Spoke clearly, called out the QOP and took her party to task. She has faced a lot to do this. She has been censored, If she is reelected I will be shocked, and she has faced hate and threats from the party she worked her life for and the party her father was VP for.

She is not someone I want running the country, I dont agree with all her views. But she is a reasonable person and is doing what everyone on in office should do. Put party aside to call out a very awful thing. Is she a saint? No but is she a brave person who needs to acknowledged for what she is doing? Yes.

Maybe the only grift I see coming is her book deal on the whole thing you know is coming but pretty much everyone in office does that. And I dont think that was the long term goal for her here. She is really upset at her party.

Cheney's reaction in the heat of the moment when the capital was being stormed by the rioters, when she slapped Jim Jordan's hand away, is more revealing about what she thinks about all this than anything else. She laid it down *then* that this was their doing, so I have little doubt that she's earnest in her belief about the culpability of those responsible. Her father, whatever else we may deservedly think of him, also played a role in the letter signed by all the defense secretaries, so again, I think there's little reason to doubt that both Cheneys are sincere in this one regard.

What won't happen, of course, is for either of them to see the role their own personal brand of politics played in getting us here, as evidenced by Rep Cheney's continuing votes in the House.

Astonishing Member

I hope they have tight security around Liz Cheney. If conservative terrorists went after Gretchen Whitmer for her COVID policies, I can't imagine what they are planning for Cheney.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Cheney did choose her career over her sister so she’s not that moral but I don’t see a grift for her. Certainly not one like the Trump supporters are pulling. I think the best she could do is be on CNN or whatever as their resident conservative. I don’t see why she’s get a big book deal. Either way, not as lucrative as being a nutjob.