Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Cheney did choose her career over her sister so she’s not that moral but I don’t see a grift for her. Certainly not one like the Trump supporters are pulling. I think the best she could do is be on CNN or whatever as their resident conservative. I don’t see why she’s get a big book deal. Either way, not as lucrative as being a nutjob.
    I would think there would be a few publishers that want her to write a book and tell her side of things. The GOP member who went against the cult and fought for America and such. it would be a great hook for them.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I would think there would be a few publishers that want her to write a book and tell her side of things. The GOP member who went against the cult and fought for America and such. it would be a great hook for them.
    If she does write a book, I hope it sells.

Liz Cheney's acceptance speech at the Profile in Courage Award ceremony. I can say this honor from JFK library was worth dissing her own party and her own supporters.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

On Chaney. I am not sure what her grift is. She is hated by her party and is most likely going to lose her seat. But on the hearing She nailed. She did an amazing job. Spoke clearly, called out the QOP and took her party to task. She has faced a lot to do this. She has been censored, If she is reelected I will be shocked, and she has faced hate and threats from the party she worked her life for and the party her father was VP for.

She is not someone I want running the country, I dont agree with all her views. But she is a reasonable person and is doing what everyone on in office should do. Put party aside to call out a very awful thing. Is she a saint? No but is she a brave person who needs to acknowledged for what she is doing? Yes.

Maybe the only grift I see coming is her book deal on the whole thing you know is coming but pretty much everyone in office does that. And I dont think that was the long term goal for her here. She is really upset at her party.
    Cheney has made no bones about putting the country and democracy ahead of the party which went off the rails with a vengeance after 1/6. I don’t agree with her politics, but Cheney is more of a patriot than the rest of the asshats in the GQP relentlessly sucking up to Trump in a baldfaced power grab.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Cheney has made no bones about putting the country and democracy ahead of the party which went off the rails with a vengeance after 1/6. I don’t agree with her politics, but Cheney is more of a patriot than the rest of the asshats in the GQP relentlessly sucking up to Trump in a baldfaced power grab.
    If you would have told me 4 years ago that Mike Pence would be the one to stand up to Trump (At least for a day he fell back in line a couple days later) and that Dick Cheny's daughtrer would be leading the charge to save Democracy I would have had you put in the nut house.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

If you would have told me 4 years ago that Mike Pence would be the one to stand up to Trump (At least for a day he fell back in line a couple days later) and that Dick Cheny's daughtrer would be leading the charge to save Democracy I would have had you put in the nut house.
    Are you kidding? I would’ve volunteered to have been dumped in a padded cell. As for Pence, he’s angling for a presidential run in ‘24 and hopes to get the support of Trump’s lemmings if TFG doesn’t run himself.

Are you kidding? I would’ve volunteered to have been dumped in a padded cell. As for Pence, he’s angling for a presidential run in ‘24 and hopes to get the support of Trump’s lemmings if TFG doesn’t run himself.
    Pence is going to have a hard time getting the support of the Trumpers. Even more so thanks to this hearings where they are hammering home the point that he refused to over turn the election.

Pence is going to have a hard time getting the support of the Trumpers. Even more so thanks to this hearings where they are hammering home the point that he refused to over turn the election.
    And, if Trump decides to run again (god forbid), the GQP won’t bother holding primaries and will just make him the candidate, leaving Pence screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Cheney did choose her career over her sister so she’s not that moral but I don’t see a grift for her. Certainly not one like the Trump supporters are pulling. I think the best she could do is be on CNN or whatever as their resident conservative. I don’t see why she’s get a big book deal. Either way, not as lucrative as being a nutjob.
    The hustle is the same as it ever was.

Be a "Business As Usual..." Republican/Make a huge pile of money off of doing so.

Which one obviously cannot do if being a Republican is so poisoned that it throws a wrench into the "Money Making..." works.

The idea that someone who is willing to be a "Business As Usual.." Republican has any legitimate love for democracy?

The idea that someone is looking out for their ability to eventually profit off of being a "Business As Usual..." Republican?

Far more likely. Doubly so when you have snowed folks on the "Left..." into leaping to your defense..

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The hustle is the same as it ever was.

Be a "Business As Usual..." Republican/Make a huge pile of money off of doing so.

Which one obviously cannot do if being a Republican is so poisoned that it throws a wrench into the "Money Making..." works.

The idea that someone who is willing to be a "Business As Usual.." Republican has any legitimate love for democracy?

The idea that someone is looking out for their ability to eventually profit off of being a "Business As Usual..." Republican?

Far more likely. Doubly so when you have snowed folks on the "Left..." into leaping to your defense..
    Awww! #30 big mad because Cheney strayed off the reservation and isn’t kissing Trump’s withered orange ass.

Awww! #30 big mad because Cheney strayed off the reservation and isn’t kissing Trump’s withered orange ass.
    More like...

"Anyone with an even basic grasp of reality can tell you that there are no good Republicans. Certainly none that democracy actually matters to them. The fact that Republicans have gradually evolved into worse and worse version of 'Republican...' does not mean that baseline 'Republican...' ever did or ever will care one bit about democracy..."

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

This small detail may not seem important in the scope of what happened on January 6th but I'm sure everyone here remembers the testimony Capitol Police Officer Caroline Edwards saw her fellow officer Brian Sicknick turn ghostly pale after being attacked with a chemical irritant by the rioters. He suffered two strokes afterwards and died. Brian Sicknick, according to his family, was actually a Trump supporter. His brothers told CNN that that after their brother’s death, many lawmakers, including former Vice President Mike Pence, contacted them and expressed their condolences. Donald Trump, however, did not.

This is not the first time Trump has shown little compassion for those who serve this country and died.

From Time magazine (Dec. 6 2021)

Re: Rep. John Lewis, the Conscience of Congress and a civil rights hero-turned-lawmaker.... "Trump managed only to tweet a terse statement last year when he succumbed to cancer, refused to attend any of his memorials and, in an interview, said he didn’t know Lewis but criticized him for skipping Trump’s inauguration.

Most recently, Trump managed to insult the memory of Colin Powell, the former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Secretary of State. Trump’s words in October inspired a level of incredulity that most of Washington thought had been exhausted to this point. “Wonderful to see Colin Powell, who made big mistakes on Iraq and famously, so-called weapons of mass destruction, be treated in death so beautifully by the Fake News Media,” Trump said. “Hope that happens to me someday. He was a classic RINO, if even that, always being the first to attack other Republicans. He made plenty of mistakes, but anyway, may he rest in peace!”

This scumbag has lead a charmed life and one can only hope that his day of reckoning will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This small detail may not seem important in the scope of what happened on January 6th but I'm sure everyone here remembers the testimony Capitol Police Officer Caroline Edwards saw her fellow officer Brian Sicknick turn ghostly pale after being attacked with a chemical irritant by the rioters. He suffered two strokes afterwards and died. Brian Sicknick, according to his family, was actually a Trump supporter. His brothers told CNN that that after their brother’s death, many lawmakers, including former Vice President Mike Pence, contacted them and expressed their condolences. Donald Trump, however, did not.

This is not the first time Trump has shown little compassion for those who serve this country and died.

From Time magazine (Dec. 6 2021)

Re: Rep. John Lewis, the Conscience of Congress and a civil rights hero-turned-lawmaker.... "Trump managed only to tweet a terse statement last year when he succumbed to cancer, refused to attend any of his memorials and, in an interview, said he didn’t know Lewis but criticized him for skipping Trump’s inauguration.

Most recently, Trump managed to insult the memory of Colin Powell, the former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Secretary of State. Trump’s words in October inspired a level of incredulity that most of Washington thought had been exhausted to this point. “Wonderful to see Colin Powell, who made big mistakes on Iraq and famously, so-called weapons of mass destruction, be treated in death so beautifully by the Fake News Media,” Trump said. “Hope that happens to me someday. He was a classic RINO, if even that, always being the first to attack other Republicans. He made plenty of mistakes, but anyway, may he rest in peace!”

This scumbag has lead a charmed life and one can only hope that his day of reckoning will come.
    Trump told the widow of a fallen soldier, "He knew what he signed up for..."

He's a void of empathy. Just like how he could decide the mob was right, and his own VP "deserved" to be hanged.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Trump told the widow of a fallen soldier, "He knew what he signed up for..."

He's a void of empathy. Just like how he could decide the mob was right, and his own VP "deserved" to be hanged.
    Just when you think he's hit bottom, he will always strike a new low. I remember also that he and Melania skipped out of a traditional ceremony for the fallen in WWI in France, one that all the presidents have attended since it started. The excuse was that it was raining. "Bonespurs" Trump allegedly called those who died "suckers" and "losers"

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Just when you think he's hit bottom, he will always strike a new low. I remember also that he and Melania skipped out of a traditional ceremony for the fallen in WWI in France, one that all the presidents have attended since it started. The excuse was that it was raining. "Bonespurs" Trump allegedly called those who died "suckers" and "losers"
    And, of course, there's Trump's insult of the late John McCain. Sympathy and empathy are wholly alien concepts to Caramel Caligula.

Ultimate Member

And, of course, there's Trump's insult of the late John McCain. Sympathy and empathy are wholly alien concepts to Caramel Caligula.
    And sadly, that's why so many of his supporters love him. They see his cruelty as toughness