Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default A.X.E.: X-Men #1 by Kieron Gillen

****! 😭

'A.X.E.: X-Men' #1 will examine Jean Grey’s intricate relationship with the Phoenix Force, burning away the mystery behind their connection once and for all. As one world burns, can Jean Grey justify her existence after burning another?
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Question

From Marvel:

Source: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=168660259

Kieron Gillen and Valerio Schiti’s A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY engulfs the Marvel Universe starting next month!

Building off of recent events in AVENGERS, X-MEN, and ETERNALS, this latest Marvel Comics crossover event begins when the Eternals target mutantkind and the Avengers find themselves struggling to prevent an apocalyptic war between two of the strongest factions on the planet. A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY will be a six-issue epic that will tie-in to various ongoing series and launch new limited series and one-shots, including three written by Gillen himself that will bridge the gap between the penultimate and final issue.

Teaming up with a superstar trio of artists, Federico Vicentini, Francesco Mobili, and Pasqual Ferry, Gillen will focus on a key character from each of the three involved factions in A.X.E.: AVENGERS, A.X.E.: X-MEN, and A.X.E.: ETERNALS. These essential issues will spotlight Iron Man, Jean Grey, and Ajak as they embark on a vital and complex mission to penetrate the Progenitor Celestial and shut it down, facing their ultimate judgment every step of the way.

A.X.E.: AVENGERS #1 will strip Iron Man of his armor like never before. He’s spent his life building suits to protect himself, but now, Tony Stark has to enter a suit of armor that could kill us all. Can he survive? Can anyone?

A.X.E.: X-MEN #1 will examine Jean Grey’s intricate relationship with the Phoenix Force, burning away the mystery behind their connection once and for all. It wasn't her. It wasn't her. It wasn't her. It wasn't her. It wasn't her. Yet: "I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever!" Which part of "Now and Forever" is confusing to you? As one world burns, can Jean Grey justify her existence after burning another?

A.X.E.: ETERNALS #1 will tackle Ajak’s past decisions regarding the Celestials and how she plans to lead the Eternals through this latest challenge. Ajak has come a long way. She's met her maker. Hell, she's made her maker. Now can she — or anyone — survive her maker?

"I wanted JUDGMENT DAY to be a huge scale event book, but also really be absolutely about the people in it — that's Marvel comics to me,” Gillen said. “When we say 'superhuman,' we mean both 'super' and 'human.' These specials really drill down on that, giving a deep-dive personal horrorshow for the three sides in the crossover, centered on one of their main players: Tony Stark, Jean Grey and Ajak. With their history, can they really justify themselves? Let's find out, in this dungeon-delve-as-psychogeography hell trip. Also, all three have amazing art."

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    "I wanted JUDGMENT DAY to be a huge scale event book, but also really be absolutely about the people in it — that's Marvel comics to me,” Gillen said. “When we say 'superhuman,' we mean both 'super' and 'human.' These specials really drill down on that, giving a deep-dive personal horrorshow for the three sides in the crossover, centered on one of their main players: Tony Stark, Jean Grey and Ajak. With their history, can they really justify themselves? Let's find out, in this dungeon-delve-as-psychogeography hell trip. Also, all three have amazing art."
    When they didn't show him on any covers or mention him in any solicits, I was worried Hellion wouldn't appear. But seeing as how they hid his name multiple times in the article, it's clear they plan on having him show up in a more "man behind the man," "read between the lines" sort of role. I'm guessing he'll play the role Xavier usually has, only with less creeping on people.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

For someone who doesn't read the Eternals... how did the books explain the Eternal characters looking different/or being different genders?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    For someone who doesn't read the Eternals... how did the books explain the Eternal characters looking different/or being different genders?
    They are reborn when they die. I imagine we will be seeing Barry Keoghan soon

Like the X-Men , they are immortals . They can ressurect. Anc they can change their gender/appearance when they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They are reborn when they die. I imagine we will be seeing Barry Keoghan soon
    It would be the cherry on the cake

They regenerate like the Time Lords from Doctor Who.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    It would be the cherry on the cake
    He'll get murdered by one of the QC

“Can Jean Grey justify her existence after burning another?”

Are they gonna make her go DP again so she can have a second helping of broccoli people??

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post

Are they gonna make her go DP again so she can have a second helping of broccoli people??
    She should go after some flatscans, so she's not killing anyone that matters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post

If she wants to kill the avengers I see nothing wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    If she wants to kill the avengers I see nothing wrong
    She’d be doing the world a favour tbh.

I think it was explained as something they do every few thousand years or so when reborn.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This sounds amazing. I'm a sucker for any story exploring the Phoenix/Jeannie connection and anything Gillen is a must-read for me, so expectations are high.