Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

spoilers:
    My holiday wish came true, the return of the Goblin Prince costume!
    end of spoilers
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    'Tis the season of giving. A gift from @pretty.cool.huh

Revealing X-Men Fan Art Puts Havok in a Battle-Damaged Goblin Queen Costume, @CBR.com
    Awesome Marvel Comics fan art created by JP Pinto sees the X-Men's Alex Summers/Havok donning an impressive, battle-damaged Goblin Queen costume.

Incredible X-Men fan art created by JP Pinto sees Havok/Alex Summers wearing a revealing Goblin Queen costume.

Pinto shared the fan art onto their Instagram account, pretty.cool.huh. "Everyone's favorito himbo, the goblin prince himself, Havok in all his thong glory," the caption reads. Alex and Madelyne have a long and complicated relationship with one another dating back to a time when...

Alex, meanwhile, is walking through the streets of New York with Scott, Jean, Bobby Drake/Iceman and Magik/Illyana Rasputina when Madelyne's attack hits. The X-Men characters are seen battling monsters rising from Limbo throughout the course of Dark Web #1, while their story will then continue in Dark Web: X-Men #1 (by Gerry Duggan, Rod Reis and VC's Clayton Cowles). ...
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    I am simply... @ a loss of words, and...

in a state of EUPHORIA!
    🖤🤍
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmaintights View Post
    Where is this from?
    ... Dark Web #1, but they only had this and one other small scene together. I figure it'll be built upon in the upcoming X-Men miniseries spinning out of it, though, that starts this week. ...
    From 'Dark Web' #1, "Dusk"...

... prior to the scene shown there was another w/them & Firestar, where we get to see the first, subtle signs of this brewing... *tension* between them. I sensed frustration on the part of Bobby, maybe, and perhaps even some jealousy. I'd be interested in seeing what others' read on it was. Initially it seemed negative, but paired w/the later above, that changed.
    I've got some things to do before settling down to read & review this, which'll probably be closer to noon or so EST. If there's not another thread up by then I'll start one, and if there is, I'll just add mine to it as per the usual. I am...

anXiously eXcited!!

BANNED

spoilers:
    My holiday wish came true, the return of the Goblin Prince costume!
    end of spoilers
    HOLY FUCK!! Yours & mine both, my fellow, LUSTY friend, now I'm even more... aroused, lol, than I already was - CAN'T WAIT!!

HOLY FUCK!! Yours & mine both, my fellow, LUSTY friend, now I'm even more... aroused, lol, than I already was - CAN'T WAIT!!
    'Tis the season for skimpy giving, and that pretty.cool.huh piece is really serving the feast. Sheesh!

'Tis the season for skimpy giving, and that pretty.cool.huh piece is really serving the feast. Sheesh!
    'Tis the Season for Giving and Receiving, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The comeback.

BANNED

He never even heard a word you said. Probably 'cause he was too busy pervin' on your a$$...

that's why he REALLY wears the visor.

HAVOK, Alex Summers,
    NEEDS...
    ICEMAN, Bobby Drake!!

He's the one he should talk to... the only one who can help him, who can... save him.

TOGETHER,
    they can not only take on the world... THEY COULD OWN it!!

They were
    ... MADE FOR EACH OTHER!

BANNED

I just wish Marvel would show the same care, dignity, and respect towards mental health, that it at least pretends to give most other societal issues. Apathy from fandoms is somewhat to be expected, more or less--as being selective is almost a given, due to the incalculable breadth of their demographical diversity--so it isn't as surprising, as it is just disappointing. But from the so-called professionals, this level of insensitivity sometimes, can be nothing short of... downright unacceptable.

Oh, well, if ya...

as they say.

From Classic X-Men @ClassicXMen
    https://twitter.com/ClassicXMen/stat...10360691621889
    X-Factor #90 cover dated May 1993.
    Havok, Strong Guy, and Multiple Man battle the Genoshan president’s bodyguard, Mutate 416. The team tries to get to the disease-ridden Mutate 24601 before the Magistrates do.

BANNED

Carrying over from the dark WEB: X-men #1 *spoilers* REVIEW thread, for potential 2023 transference and/or just reference:

... Poor AleX, I feel so sorry for him, and even a tad guilty... for anticipating & then merely ogling his physical beauty--at first--i.e., the surface of his seXualized predicament, instead of the immense pain and... resulting, overwhelming sense of disconnection, that lay hidden underneath. But for now, he's my sad, broken boy, and I love him all the more.

I stand by my dream/hope/prayer/wish... that Bobby will be the one, to see him through this & get him to a better place, and then... well, oh, SO MUCH more!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I'd like to oppose the "Havok is the biggest X-himbo" claim by submitting
    - Gambit
    - Longshot

And Cornillon's Himbo Angels Comics, which are cannon because I say so. ...
    Well, they can have it... and KEEP IT!!

Havok's moved on & as of right now, for the time being, he's temporarily taken the title & wearing the crown of... BISEXUAL DISASTER!! Soon though, is the hope, he shall relinquish that too... when he graduates to his well-adjusted & @peace Bi-KING & BEST LOVER EVER status, TO his bro BOBBY's equally super-chill Gay-King!!
    ... those last scenes with AleX & Scott really got to me. Luckily, I've seen some support elsewhere online, of others feeling Cyke's seemingly callous, disapproving dismissiveness was... not a good look, let alone poor messaging. They had him overreacting in one of the worst ways possible, is what I came away with. Another thing I saw from a few, was how could Maddie be as angry at Havok, as she is at Cyclops? They said that Scott treated her way worse, even though AleX too, had been inconsiderate of her feelings & personal autonomy. So, it's definitely a cluster$#%@.

As to Havok himself, I think he's confused & doesn't know what he wants. With Maddie he at least had/has some sort of semblance of security, in something familiar from the past that he remembers as providing a sense of comfort sorta, and connection. It filled a void, that he's left with because he's afraid to be alone. But rather than look inward, as he should, he looks outward.

That's where Bobby comes in, as there's no better guide for AleX to take that road & go on the journey he should... he needs to be on, in my mind, than him. This is creatively speaking as much as anything else, I confess, but also not only highly plausible... but rife with potential to be really meaningful, if done right, as in with authenticity, sensitivity, and sincerity. This could even be Bobby's coming out story done right, in a way... as it's done slower, with more attention & care to detail & thoughtfulness... poignancy & heartwarming charm, as it's done all over again, only this time in tandem with his future husband AleX.

YES, I've really thought about this, somewhat in depth. To me, they could be Marvel's version of DC's Midnighter & Apollo, only y'know... younger, hipper, and HOTTER, WAY MORE widely known, and therefore... MUCH MORE in DEMAND!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    It was fun and i was also heartened that both alex and scott are just witnesses to what Maddy wants, and not necessarily what Maddy wants. That may not bode well for jean and illyana but im keeping faith.
    I like the way you put this, and find it encouraging, 'cause I'm...

for THIS!
    But then I worry if not Maddie... than that darn Lorna, will get 'im back again. With the everything that she is, her allure is virtually impossible to resist, just ask Iceman. Or maybe even one of the many other mutant ladies. But I genuinely hope not, with all my heart, as I think he & Bobby together would be just magical & nothing short of... OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Even if Alby (Bobex? HavIce? Havman? Icok?) isn't my ship of choice, if nothing else I admire your passion for the ship, PolarIceFire, and the thought you've put into how and why they could work.

(I mean, ngl, my fixation on Christian/Bobby began with 'lol and they should get married and use surrogacy to have a kid with Bobby's powers and Christian's last name and name him Jack and then their son would literally be Jack Frost and this is absolutely 100% something Bobby would canonically do afhsilkhfaklfhalkf' and it all just snowballed from there.)
    BoleX (beau-lexx) just came to me, and I think I like that one best so far (from my others: HavIce, IceHavok, and/or BobaleX) as it sounds similar to burlesque when said & frankly... 'cause it just seems pretty-freakin' cool. Or ya could pronouce it bowl-ex, which sounds like bullocks, which basically just means... testicles, lol. Alby, Bobex, Havman, and... Icok, smh, are all new to me. So, first time I'm ever hearin' them, and am not really feelin' any of 'em TBH. Thank you for the props, but I think the feelings are mutual when it comes to our opposing ships, though apparently there are parallels when it comes to developmental ideas.

Thankfully, you hit on the head a main reason of why I have such apathy toward yours, and that would be Jack Frost. To me, everything about that pairing is just too... on the frostbitten nose. There's no contrast, they're too same-same, too predictable... i.e., boring. There's just nothing that I find compelling and/or engaging about it, even on paper, in theory. It lacks potency, just as a concept, IMO.

Which is something the Havok & Iceman pairing doesn't have a problem with, for I think it's just so packed full of vitality, it's bursting at the seams. Interestingly enough, the fire & ice theme I was so formerly focused on (Sunfire for me, obvs, but there's been Pyro(s), and now we're back to the OG... Firestar), has been set aside (thinkin' more now fire & water, flame & hydro, like the F4's Torch & Reed represent) in favor of...
    COLD/HEAT...
    WHICH, works perfectly for Bobby & AleX, as people seem to forget that Havok has super-heated plasma ;p SO HOT, that it often causes targeted objects to just shatter or disintegrate, on impact.

WHICH, quickly inspired the following, impromptu revision:
    ... they could be Marvel's version of DC's Midnighter & Apollo, only y'know... younger, COOLER, and HOTTER, WAY MORE widely known, and therefore... MUCH MORE in DEMAND!!!...
    Oh, dang, almost forgot...
    another...
    Random find, from my recurring 'Marvel X-Men Havok Iceman' Google searches...
    from just 2 months ago: [fanart] Havok and Iceman teaming up!, @Reddit.com

Very nice, love the idea!

They would make a pretty cool duo!

It’s a team up I’ve been waiting for forever.

BANNED

And another:
    Yeah... I empathized & agreed more with AleX throughout those scenes...

and I SUPPORT HIM. ...

BANNED

... for potential 2023 transference and/or just reference:
    The Summers Brothers+ Stats
    Cyclops: ht. 6' 3", wt. 195 lbs.
    Havok: ht. 6' 0", wt. 175 lbs.
    Vulcan: ht. 6' 0", wt. 178 lbs.
    Iceman: ht. 5' 8", wt. 145 lbs.
    Sunfire: ht. 5' 10", wt. 175 lbs.

... who an early, quick, random image search surprisingly turned up:

Not Chris Evans, but another [gone too soon] legend of male beauty:
    Mr. Paul Walker!!...

Last edited by PolarIceFire; 12-26-2022 at 08:00 AM.

BANNED

Default Dark Web X-MEN 2 of 3 Preview

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...2-of-3-Preview
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://www.comicsxf.com/2022/12/22/...k-web-x-men-2/

Wow that's very low for Maddie. using puppies that way.
    Thanks for posting!

Maddie is nuts for the puppy thing but otherwise I'm loving this. "Goblin gown."
    https://twitter.com/KaotiCoolMagnet/...74244031111168

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yep, that makes me really think Alex is leaving the team for Uncanny Avengers
    Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Guessing Havok wont be on the X-Men team for year 3
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    He's gonna be...busy.

Even though this is the popular choice & probably safest bet, given all the speculatory telegraphing that seems available, I have not ruled out a...

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/02/14/x-...s-day-special/
    AIPT: Welcome, everybody! Who is your all-time favorite X-Couple — or — what is your all-time favorite X-Romance?

Al Ewing (X-Men Red Writer):
    I think it’s probably Havok and the Goblin Queen. There’s a kind of absolute chaos BDSM energy to that one which I like. And it’s very Summers Brothers — Scott’s clearly a sub, so obviously Havok has to be EVEN SUBBIER.

total CURVEBALL option.

BANNED

REVISITING, 4 it ADDS FUEL...

Welp, Havok, my boy... *as usual*... you're S... O... L!

And THIS... *could turn out to be*... the... understatement of the year.

At least you're not the problem child of the Summers brothers anymore... or not the biggest 1, anyway.

As brief as it was, I really liked how he was portrayed here, how he questions authority & just speaks his mind. Which is to say, in short, I really liked how Al Ewing wrote him & would be eager to see him do so again.

Also, as with everything Stefano Caselli, same goes for how he was drawn. With that said, let the above image be added to the ever increasing pile of evidence supporting our ongoing...
    AleX "The BODY" Summers campaign!
    to the FIRE!!!!

"I think maybe I am supposed to be on the X-Men... just not this team of X-Men."