Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Dan Slott's FF Run Comes To an End With 46th Issue.

And along with a massive game changer...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBoTBO4oN94

Mighty Member

In the long ago, Slott was doing his Silver Surfer run, which I not only love but is still my default answer to "You can't write a good series around X because he's/she's/they're too powerful," and I was among quite a few that thought Slott would be ideal for F4 based on that run. Turns out, that wasn't true at all. Granted, I liked Slott's reintroduction and the Spyre arc. I like the Thing's fight with Hulk. Reckoning War is ok, even tho thus far it has failed to really set itself apart from so many circumstances like it.

I'd say this run may be remembered most for all the new toys it adds to the box, which is quite reflective of The Fantastic Four's legacy. Granted, whether or not the next writer is going to play with any of the new toys is always up in the air.

Ben and Alicia's wedding, the adoption of the Kree and Skrull children are def tapestry that will go on.

Possibly Victorious / Lyja / Sky will have some ramifications.

I think Lyja will always find her way back because... legacy in her own way.

The idea that the Skrull child may be connected to her is interesting, but I think it should be something other than child.

Or at some point there will be a galactic custody trial?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I guess it was about time for him to end it, but I'm curious who will take over. Hopefully someone with a little more ambitious ideas for the team and knows how to write all of them (especially Sue).

Al Ewing would be good. He did the Royals book starring the Inhumans, as well as Guardians of the Galaxy, Ultimates, and New Avengers. He could bring ideas from any of those books to the FF. Heck, the Ultimates was a team that pretty much did the FF's usual space exploration job in the aftermath of Secret Wars. That series used Galactus too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Al Ewing would be good. He did the Royals book starring the Inhumans, as well as Guardians of the Galaxy, Ultimates, and New Avengers. He could bring ideas from any of those books to the FF. Heck, the Ultimates was a team that pretty much did the FF's usual space exploration job in the aftermath of Secret Wars. That series used Galactus too.
    He would be great. Rather have him on the Avengers though, after Aaron finishes trashing them.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Can't say I'm not happy to see him go...

I'm excited to see who the new creative team are and I hope that I like what they do with FF a lot more than I did with Slott.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I liked Slotts run but I am looking forward to a new writer.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I wonder if Slott was "requested" to leave? You have to think he wanted hang around to do the 700th issue.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-11-2022 at 04:43 PM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I wonder I Slott was "requested" to leave? You have to think he wanted hang around to do the 700th issue.
    I heard some theories that he isn't well, but dunno if there is any truth to that.

The issues after 46 seem to be crossover filler for the summer event. The new writer is likely starting with 50, so it could have just been straight up convenience.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I heard some theories that he isn't well, but dunno if there is any truth to that.

The issues after 46 seem to be crossover filler for the summer event. The new writer is likely starting with 50, so it could have just been straight up convenience.
    Maybe he wants to do something for Spider-Man to get praise

Whatever the reason, I loved this run of his.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    That's definitely wide of the mark. He has two books upcoming - Edge of/End of Spider-Verse for Marvel, and a new Doctor Who series for Titan.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's definitely wide of the mark. He has two books upcoming - Edge of/End of Spider-Verse for Marvel, and a new Doctor Who series for Titan.
    You can still submit the drafts and work for it while not being well

Well, I hope Dan Slott is okay but I feel like it's possible he's just said/done everything he felt like he could on the book.