Page 364 of 1021 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374414464864 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 15306
    Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I think I have a good record of my theories coming true by the end of the last volume Spasticat my friend:

* Rogue and Wanda as Friends!
    * Both Ladies Being Alive Again!
    * Rogue Kicking Butt in both the book by the end and in AXIS with High Flying Powers!

Not only good with the theories but also a beacon of optimism.

I would be more optimistic if Rogue was a lead in the book and not just a benchwarmer. Her feats are sandwiched between horrible characterization a just complete lack screen time. Oh and bad art and costume design! The fact that she does not have regular covers or is ever part of an issue description is telling. She is far more popular and loved than other members getting massive push. The fact they took her off not one but two series where she was the main focus so she can be the SW's sound board is just too hard to get over.

Oh and it looks like Wandz got a collection coming out in March, so the Rogue collection in August is not that big a deal. :-/

Still, I am getting two copies to show support. If Rogue gets a cover in the ladies appreciation month of March, that would be cool.
    Last edited by jen; 12-17-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    BTW, albone, you are back!!! Nice to see you again!

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    I would be more optimistic if Rogue was a lead in the book and not just a benchwarmer. Her feats are sandwiched between horrible characterization a just complete lack screen time. Oh and bad art and costume design! The fact that she does not have regular covers or is ever part of an issue description is telling. She is far more popular and loved than other members getting massive push. The fact they took her off not one but two series where she was the main focus so she can be the SW's sound board is just too hard to get over.

Oh and it looks like Wandz got a collection coming out in March, so the Rogue collection in August is not that big a deal. :-/

Still, I am getting two copies to show support. If Rogue gets a cover in the ladies appreciation month of March, that would be cool.
    Hopefully Rogue will at lest get to be on the cover of the Rogue Collection book, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were SW or Wolverine instead.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I would Not worry to Much about the Previews/Teasers for each month Jen, those by UA Standards have been IMO Horribly mis-leading and always left out Tons of Stuff that was in the book when you really got it. They play on mystery hype on a bases of all-spreading words, aka using words that sound important and big but point to really nothing so they don't give away the story.

The Cover Think Yea Has to be Rectified Fast and I want Her on Many Covers to come, at any point that Fans can ask this question either here or on Social Medias like Twitter should be done ASAP!

As for Rogue being bench-warmer or just a Sound-board Jen......That is Not the Rogue I have been Seeing as of Late in Both Uncanny Avenger Volume #1 and AXIS, in Fact it is the apposite.......Others are looking like Bench-warmers when she is the One Making the Big Saves, Moves and Leading the Unity Team! Really I expect GREATLY for UA Vol. 2 to have MUCH more of this and by the way the Train has been going I would Speculate that Rogue will be a Major Player in UA Vol. 2! ;-)

As a Reminder, Rogue in the Last Days of UA Vol. #1 NOT Being a Bench-warmer, BUT Making the Big Saves, Moves and Leading the Unity Team., Enjoy! ;-)

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Mighty Member

Uncanny Avengers might as well be called Wanda and her Amazing Friends.

I would Not worry to Much about the Previews/Teasers for each month Jen, those by UA Standards have been IMO Horribly mis-leading and always left out Tons of Stuff that was in the book when you really got it. They play on mystery hype on a bases of all-spreading words, aka using words that sound important and big but point to really nothing so they don't give away the story.

The Cover Think Yea Has to be Rectified Fast and I want Her on Many Covers to come, at any point that Fans can ask this question either here or on Social Medias like Twitter should be done ASAP!

As for Rogue being bench-warmer or just a Sound-board Jen......That is Not the Rogue I have been Seeing as of Late in Both Uncanny Avenger Volume #1 and AXIS, in Fact it is the apposite.......Others are looking like Bench-warmers when she is the One Making the Big Saves, Moves and Leading the Unity Team! Really I expect GREATLY for UA Vol. 2 to have MUCH more of this and by the way the Train has been going I would Speculate that Rogue will be a Major Player in UA Vol. 2! ;-)

As a Reminder, Rogue in the Last Days of UA Vol. #1 NOT Being a Bench-warmer, BUT Making the Big Saves, Moves and Leading the Unity Team., Enjoy! ;-)

I do like how Rogue is taking charge and showing her true leadership skills in those panels. RR is not doing a good job writing UA, but if he's doing anything right, it's making Wanda and Rogue good friends! Something I always wanted to see from the start!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I do like how Rogue is taking charge and showing her true leadership skills in those panels. RR is not doing a good job writing UA, but if he's doing anything right, it's making Wanda and Rogue good friends! Something I always wanted to see from the start!
    Yeah, they are Friends, but just when Rogue is not the whipping post for her.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I Agree Fully Project Initiative Cascada, the ladies should have been Friends from the start and IMO was on of the Major Downsides of RR's book cause the "Conflict" between the ladies felt so Forced it was painful to even read. So when it finally ended I was relieved Beyond Thrilled to see it and read it!

Now I wished for more development towards that friendship happening, but since not much was used to make the conflict even happen to begin with, it put it as par for the course and was Happy to Finally See it Happen! Heroes Characters are at their best when they are friends and partners and comrades, not in those ridiculous Hero vs. Hero Tarp that lead to nothing horrible us and developments.

Also, YES, Rogue HAS in the those Panels Taken Charge and IMO by the End of the Volume 1 and into AXIS was look so much more like the Leader of the Unity Team at that Point. This is why I hope this trend continues and mostly can't see why it should not, that Rogue should be taking More and More of an Active Role in Leading the Team and Even Be Named Its Leader!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    Thanks a Ton for the Support Bro, Much Appreciated and Indeed it is Great to talk to you again, been Way to Long! +)

BTW, albone, you are back!!! Nice to see you again!
    I 2nd Greatly Jen's Post Albone, Very Nice to see you Back, Have missed you Allot Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Uncanny Avengers might as well be called Wanda and her Amazing Friends.
    Really......Since reading the last few Issues of UA Volume #1 it clearly came out as Rogue: Leader of the Pact IMO and Viewpoint! ;-)

Last edited by CJStriker; 12-18-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Really......Since reading the last few Issues of UA Volume #1 it clearly came out as Rogue: Leader of the Pact IMO and Viewpoint! ;-)

I think we all can agree that Havok was horrible running this group.

Issue Information
    Title- Dazzler (Volume 1) #22
    Release Date- December 1982
    Writer- Danny Fingeroth
    Artist- Frank Springer

Major Notes
    Features Rogue, Mystique and Angel.

Brief Summary

The Sisterhood

Angel is flying through New York as he is attacked by a group of Hawks. He can tell that they have been trained to attack and he tries to use his manoeuvrability to shake them off. He dive bombs causing one of the hawks to slam into the ground. He then flies into an empty office and uses metal drawers to take it out. For the final hawk he flies down to the ground and strikes it with a trash can lid. With the hawks defeated he goes back to his hotel room so that he can recover and try and find out who is behind the attack.

Meanwhile Dazzler and Lance Steele are driving through city on their way to Dazzler’s first recording session. Dazzler is happy to finally get her first big break but she notices that there is an out of control car with a bystander crossing the road not noticing what is happening. She turns up the radio and fires a low powered light blast at the girl making her aware of what’s happening. She gets out of the way but the car creates a huge traffic jam. Lance continually toots his horn but this only gets him the attention of a policeman. At first the policeman threatens to arrest Lance but when he sees Dazzler in the car he recognises her and he admits to be a fan of her. He allows them a way passed the traffic jam for the price of an autograph.

A little later Dazzler and her band are in the recording studio preparing for their first session. They are checking their equipment when Harry Osgood gives them a vote of confidence and basically reminds them not to throw the opportunity away. He has hired the top producer in the industry and as Dazzler sings the producer interrupts every time he hears something that is a little off. This happens continually which begins to annoy Dazzler and her band but eventually they are able to produce the perfect sounds for their session and when it is over Harry opens a bottle of champagne to celebrate Dazzler’s first recording session. She also notices that her boyfriend Ken Barnett isn’t here to support her, he is at home working on a case.

Meanwhile in a fashionable hotel room Mystique, Rogue and Destiny are discussing their next plan of action. The hawks that attacked Angel were sent by Mystique and they were intended to scare him since she knew that they would not be enough to kill him. They plan to learn the secrets of the X-Men through Angel and then destroy them. Instead of rushing in Destiny advises that they plan further which Mystique agrees.

Meanwhile at the home of Dazzler’s father Carter Blaire is packing up some of the items belonging to his ex-wife Barbara London. He has felt an attachment to them but now he is sending them back to her now that he knows where she lives. He is happy that he can move on and he even cries a little.

Barbara London herself is preparing a dinner for when her other daughter Lois comes home from college. She thinks that she was wrong to keep the knowledge that Dazzler is Lois’s sister away from her but as she hears a knocking on the door and she accidentally knocks over a glass goblet in the process.

Later that night Dazzler is on a date with Ken but she isn’t happy with the fact that he wasn’t at the recording studio. He admits that he was working and that she isn’t the only person who needs her help. She knows she can’t win the argument and goes into a cab to go back to her apartment.

When Dazzler arrives she thinks that Ken might have been right but she also thinks that she might be wasting her talents on trying to become a singer and that she should focus on becoming a heroine so that she can help everyone. She leaves so that she can go and talk to someone who can help.

Dazzler travels to the hotel where Angel is staying. When she enters his hotel room she finds that the lights are off but then she is grabbed from behind. It is Angel and at first he mistakes her for those responsible for the attack on him. He apologises and releases his grip on her. He explains about the attack and Dazzler also explains that she is thinking about having training to become a heroine.

The pair talk for some time and Angel admits that the best place for her to go is to the X-Men. They fly away towards the X-Mansion but they are unaware that they are being followed by Mystique and Destiny in a helicopter and Rogue flying by her power. They notice that they are flying towards the X-Mansion and their target is Angel while Dazzler is of no concern.

Rogue rips up a nearby tree and flies towards Angel and Dazzler and she throws it causing them to have to land near a waterfall. The helicopter also lands and the other women get out. Mystique tells Angel that he will help them destroy the X-Men whether he wants to or not. Rogue recognises Dazzler and Destiny can sense a great tragedy in her near future.

Rogue attacks Angel as he stands up for Dazzler but she pulls her punches so that he isn’t killed by her strength. As he wheezes he sees Candy Southern come up to him and as he gets up he kisses her. She then knees him in the gut and transforms back to Mystique. They then give Dazzler a choice, stand by Angel and be destroyed or join them on their goal of mutant conquest. Dazzler decides to help Angel and she clips on her skates and attacks Mystique and Destiny. She is not able to take down Rogue however who picks her up and throws her down the waterfall.

With Dazzler seemingly out of the way Rogue knocks out Angel and goes to absorb his memories. She stops herself however in fear that she will grow wings like him and become a freak. Instead they board him onto the helicopter and prepare to fly away but Destiny senses danger nearby. Dazzler has returned with her clothes torn and she uses her powers to blind both Mystique and Rogue. Destiny is immune to this attack but she is attacked by Dazzler before she can counterattack. She then forces them out of the helicopter and is able to wake Angel up enough for him to pilot the vehicle. Mystique orders Rogue to stop them but the three women are struck by a light beam allowing them to escape.

A short time later Dazzler and Angel regroup at her apartment and Angel admits that they should lay low. He is planning to leave the city and lay low and he recommends that she get protection in the form of Power-Man and Iron Fist. She agrees to this and she suddenly hears a knocking at the door. When she goes to answer it she sees a woman who claims to be Lois London, her half-sister.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

My Thoughts

Now once again we are back with Dazzler, this is the beginning of the second half of the Dazzler series and also the start of Essential Dazzler Volume 2 for me. I did feel that this issue was a little of a let-down in comparison to the last issue but that was to be expected since a lot of different things were building up to that issue where this is like it is starting over in a way. One other thing to mention that this is an anniversary issue for me since this is the two hundredth comic I have reviewed for the blog

The issue features four mutants who are already known to comics at this point. The first is Angel who has appeared in the last several issues of this series. The next lot are Mystique, Rogue and Destiny who are all members of the Brotherhood of Mutant. I’m not too sure where the other members of the team are or how Destiny was able to get out of jail after the botched escape attempt in Avengers Annual #10. But I think that is something that happened off-panel and I also think that the lack of the male Brotherhood members is due to the issue being focused on the women.

Rogue’s appearance in this issue made me think a little. She was unwilling to absorb the memories and abilities of Angel. This might be a nudge towards the fact that she is changing her ways and this will lead her to join the X-Men in a few short months (After the release of this issue). She did say it was because she doesn’t want to look freakish but I still think it is the first indication that there is good inside of her. I don’t know for absolutely sure but I do think her next appearance is when she joins the X-Men.

Dazzler herself seems to be accomplishing her dream in this issue as she goes for her first recording session after her dazzling performance at Carnegie Hall. Her life is going so well but as Destiny states she will face a tragedy very soon with something that she deeply cares about. That is an omen for what is going to happen but we are left completely in the dark about it. Also we get to see that Dazzler is actually considering to be a heroine rather than just being a singer, this is something that will be greatly picked up later on but it still seems that it is only an angle for the issue.

For the first time as well we see that there is some strain in the relationship between herself and Ken Barnett. This makes me feel that their relationship might not last for too much longer and if he breaks up with Dazzler that he won’t make any more appearances after that much like Dazzler’s ex-boyfriend Doctor Paul Jansen. I feel that he is to be in comic book limbo very soon.

The battle between Dazzler and the so called Sisterhood did make me wonder a few things. Like how was Dazzler able to get up to the battle after being thrown into the waterfall by Rogue? This was something that made me wonder since I would have thought that if she survived that she would have been taken down river. Alas she somehow climbed back up, I guess it is trying to make her save the day.

Also the Sisterhood’s plan to kill the X-Men seemed to be doomed from the start because at this moment in time the X-Men are in space fighting for their lives. Xavier and numerous others believe that they are dead so it makes their mission obsolete. Maybe they hadn’t been keeping tabs on the X-Men but still I think they would have known about the X-Mansion being destroyed and rebuilt. Angel is the same, he most likely would have known all this as well, the only reason that I can think about that his has happened is that this story takes place after the X-Men return. That is the only logical way I can think that happens unless the characters are forgetful.

One last thing to mention is that this is the first time we actually see Dazzler’s sister Lois in person and not in flashback or photograph. We’ll have to wait and see what impact she makes on the series.

In conclusion I’m giving the issue a 7 out of 10. It was pretty good but not up to the same standard as the last issue.

Next Issue
    Wolverine (Volume 1) #4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One