Page 542 of 1021 FirstFirst ... 42442492532538539540541542543544545546552592642 ... LastLast
Results 8,116 to 8,130 of 15306
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i think Rogue is gonna be the voice of reason in uncanny avengers always trying to keep the team together since she knows what happened when the unity squad first formed....
    I just hope the book isn't going to be the Adventure of Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    As far as Ol' Remy goes, Two words: YUCKY STUBBLE !!!!!
    I Win! :-p
    tumblr_inline_nu65k6OWdB1r24r6r_500.jpg

Old balls and stubble I don't see the win

I think Rogue is a far better topic than which if her exes is less icky.

So Gallery, what would you like to see Duggan address first? I definitely want to Deal with Wonderman's power. Is Simon gone for good? Does Rogue feel guilt? How does the ionic powers effect her base powers? Will she get her control back?

#TeamRogue

Hey Gallery! Gerry Duggan is doing an "Ask me anything" over at Reddit on September 10th starting at 10:30a PST. If anyone is interested.

Gotta say I think it's really cool of Mr Duggan to do that, him taking the time to address fan concerns over the UA thread have done a lot to make me enthusiastic about the upcoming run. And regarding the debate over Rogues exes I think everyone is being silly; if UA taught me anything it's that Rogue would clearly be better off with Sunfire or Thor!

I think Wonderman is about as dead as anyone can be in comics. I think Rogue does feel guilt about what happened to Simon, what happened wasn't her fault but this is the third time - I'm counting that first boy she kissed and Carol, not if there's anyone else- a good person's ended up trapped in her head like this, it's bound to weigh heavily on Rogue's conscience. I would like to see her get control of her powers again but not sure if that would happen, writers seem to feel like that's her thing

art by Fred Benes

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post

So Gallery, what would you like to see Duggan address first? I definitely want to Deal with Wonderman's power. Is Simon gone for good? Does Rogue feel guilt? How does the ionic powers effect her base powers? Will she get her control back?

#TeamRogue
    I'd like to know if the H/E science guy made her even more powerful than Wonderman was. It seems to be implied that Simon had limititations on how he could access the Ionic power that Rogue didn't have.
    Another question I have is: Will Rogue be keeping the Ionic power long term or will it be stripped away yet once again like the last 3 times she had "enhancement" (Her M/M Powers, X-Treme powers, Sunfire powers). What's so wrong with an "Enhanced" Rogue?
    Last edited by mikeb; 09-05-2015 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by judaspaladin View Post
    I think Wonderman is about as dead as anyone can be in comics. I think Rogue does feel guilt about what happened to Simon, what happened wasn't her fault but this is the third time - I'm counting that first boy she kissed and Carol, not if there's anyone else- a good person's ended up trapped in her head like this, it's bound to weigh heavily on Rogue's conscience. I would like to see her get control of her powers again but not sure if that would happen, writers seem to feel like that's her thing
    There was a forth person, Sunfire. But that wasn't her fault either. Her "friend" Blindside forced prolonged contact with Sunfire while Rogue was handcuffed to a bed.

#TeamRogue
    I concur let's leave the exes out of this thread.... Is any one curiois who the rest of the unity will be. As for her feeling guilty I think she would carry some even if it wasn't her fault... she always worries about other people it what makes her a hero. As for her powers.. I'll wait and see how they play it out. I'd like it to be addressed properly with out a cheap retcon. Control would be awesome but they may need to find a reasonable limitation or she could just resolve any issue by absorbing several mutants and go bam there you have it... there is a risk to being too powerful... But its such a cool power which could be used in creative ways without it being to deus ex machinations. ..

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    I concur let's leave the exes out of this thread.... Is any one curiois who the rest of the unity will be. As for her feeling guilty I think she would carry some even if it wasn't her fault... she always worries about other people it what makes her a hero. As for her powers.. I'll wait and see how they play it out. I'd like it to be addressed properly with out a cheap retcon. Control would be awesome but they may need to find a reasonable limitation or she could just resolve any issue by absorbing several mutants and go bam there you have it... there is a risk to being too powerful... But its such a cool power which could be used in creative ways without it being to deus ex machinations. ..
    You're going to have to clarify this more for me, because Rogue has been doing this sort of thing for the last 34 years! Claremont had Rogue do this sort of thing 30 years ago, when the X-Men had their first encounter with Nimrod. As far as being "too powerful", why can persons like Thor, the Hulk or even the current Captain Marvel be uber powerful, but Rogue shouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    My concern isn't about being "too powerful", but being too dependent. This is why I hope she keeps the Ionic power long term. It seemed to me after Rogue gained "Control", all those around her existed just for her to "mooch" power off of. To me, that short changed other characters in the book. I can remember Frenzy complaining during the rescue mission to save Alex, Laurna and Rachel about how many times Rogue was going to her "well" for muscle. Having Rogue have a permanent enhancement like the Ionic power will deminish the need to go the "well" of other people's powers,using absorbtion as a way to adapt to a situation which may be beyond the capibility of the Ionic power. This is the way Claremont wrote her when she had the MM powers. An enhanced Rogue will also allow her to act more independently and not have her just be in a group to "mooch" power off of.

My concern isn't about being "too powerful", but being too dependent. This is why I hope she keeps the Ionic power long term. It seemed to me after Rogue gained "Control", all those around her existed just for her to "mooch" power off of. To me, that short changed other characters in the book. I can remember Frenzy complaining during the rescue mission to save Alex, Laurna and Rachel about how many times Rogue was going to her "well" for muscle. Having Rogue have a permanent enhancement like the Ionic power will deminish the need to go the "well" of other people's powers,using absorbtion as a way to adapt to a situation which may be beyond the capibility of the Ionic power. This is the way Claremont wrote her when she had the MM powers. An enhanced Rogue will also allow her to act more independently and not have her just be in a group to "mooch" power off of.
    What exactly do Wonderman's ionic powers let him do? From what I have seen it grants him flight, super strength, energizing others like a battery, and intangibilty. From what we have seen of Rogue using them, she just flies and uses it as super strength.

#TeamRogue
    Unfortunately I think her story with Simon is done for good. She was the only one who showed remorse for him being gone and it seems he was only used as a plot device to give Rogue her brawler powers back. Maybe in the future she can find a way to bring him back while keeping some of his powers.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    What exactly do Wonderman's ionic powers let him do? From what I have seen it grants him flight, super strength, energizing others like a battery, and intangibilty. From what we have seen of Rogue using them, she just flies and uses it as super strength.

Unfortunately I think her story with Simon is done for good. She was the only one who showed remorse for him being gone and it seems he was only used as a plot device to give Rogue her brawler powers back. Maybe in the future she can find a way to bring him back while keeping some of his powers.
    We really don't know the extent of Rogue's new powers...did she get all of Simon's abilities? Just a portion? In theory she should have Thor level strength and invulnerability along with flight, ionic energy blasts, enhanced sight and hearing. Since her flesh is composed of ionic energy, she is essentially immortal or so it would seem. There are a lot of ways they could go with this. Since her flesh is ionic energy, can she shoot ionic beams at enemies and absorb their abilities? That would be insane lol!

It would be nice to see the team mourning Simon. I'm all for brawler Rogue, but the way Remender copped out that lazy mad scientist story and then never really acknowledged the loss of Simon is so lame. I hope they find his consciousness somewhere and SW is able to give him a normal human body so he can resume his pacifist life without the burden of being super-powered.

"You're going to have to clarify this more for me, because Rogue has been doing this sort of thing for the last 34 years! Claremont had Rogue do this sort of thing 30 years ago, when the X-Men had their first encounter with Nimrod. As far as being "too powerful", why can persons like Thor, the Hulk or even the current Captain Marvel be uber powerful, but Rogue shouldn't?"

MikebI think you covered my concern of being OP pretty well with the mooch bit.... Her power risks becoming stale esp if you get a writer who is feeling a bit lazy oh look threat absorb 30 peoples powers and splat.. It could rob other characters and make her predictable froma story perspective she can be every hero for every situation almost faultless. The lack of control was in of itself a natural limiter a fear to use unless in very specific circumstances and the fact that she couldn't freely mooch off people with out impacting them. Esp if she can grab ten omega's and absorb all their power with 0 risk and become 10 omega's in one unstoppable. Which is what I mean by a reasonable limit if she has full control maybe set a limit on what can and cant be absorbed and to what level. Making Her strong but not to the detriment of the story. You were right having the brawler powers freed her to act in a more independent but not in as an OP way allowing her to use the absorption in extreme circumstances.

It not that I don't want her to be powerful or to be less than the others (Hulk and Co. But they each in turn have some form of limiting factor. Hulk is generally a beast of rage and not particularly stable, Thor has limits set on him by his Hammer. An in control Rogue has no limits.)

I think the challenge is balancing these powers so that every one in the team contributes and there is still tension and risk for the team to make the story compelling. A team where rogue can GOD mode for every threat is a risk. I love rogue as a character and don't want to see her weak as such I just don't want her turned into a God where she does everything, is all.