Page 928 of 1021 FirstFirst ... 428828878918924925926927928929930931932938978 ... LastLast
Results 13,906 to 13,920 of 15306

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    This time I'm prepared! :-p Last Friday, I made a special trip to my comic shop and asked him to reserve a copy of No Surrender #676 for me.
    Good news, mikeb. Hope that helps to make you sure you don't have to scour comic shops all around your area. I hate when that happens to me. though in my case, in the past it was more that they don't carry certain series

With that, spoilers for Avengers #676
    spoilers:
    Going off of the previews for 676. Jarvis is being transferred and treated at the local ER. Beast and Nadia are doing the best they can to help him. Nadia comments that Jarvis is like a father to her. mikeb was right about that While scanning his biosigns they notice something amiss that astonishes Beast.

Back at Avengers mansion, the group is getting reacquainted with Voyager. We go over a brief rectonn'd history of Voyager's exploits. It seems like a fight with a villain named Victory The Electromagnetic Man propelled Voyager into a alternate dimension and the earth being stolen is what brought her back. While Voyager seems to command the entire rooms attention, she quickly passes the buck back to the respective team(s) leaders (Falcon, Rogue, Sunspot). The team go through their options; communications are down and magic would be very risky. They need to find another way to gather information and deal with their crisis.

Meanwhile in Egypt, twin bolts of lightning strikes the earth and teams emerge and stare each other down. It's the Black Order and Lethal Legion, who can't seem to hold back their lust for battle and decide to duke it out. It's a quick fight and neither team gains a clear advantage, as both decide to back off due to a real fight breaking the 'rules' of whatever it is that set up this situation.

The Black Order however are't satisfied. They mention that there are loose ends on earth that were left around for them to play with and they want to 'clear the board' before fulfilling their real mission.

Back at Avengers HQ we start to see the teams rough start. Quicksilver hasn't let up in the slightest in his needling at Rogue's leadership, Rogue and Sunspot both start to argue over taking the lead, and Falcon is having anxiety over having to control a larger group of people than normal. It's a bit of mess, bit disappointed Zub seems to have had Rogue not learn to hold back again.

QS messes around with the controls and the team gets interrupted by a transmission of the Black Order getting ready to fire at something. Falcon uses his bird telepathy to try and figure out where they are. He shouts as he realizes their right above them. The mansion erupts in flame and the issue ends in a cliffhanger.
    end of spoilers

Overall, a solid if somewhat disappointing issue for Rogue fans. It's one step forward, two steps back sometimes. I'll hold off judgement but I hope Zub has something new in store for her, since we've gone over this plot with Rogue twice already.

From a less biased perspective, it's a entertaining high action story. The fights are beautiful, just as expected and the moments with the team are also nice. I'm definitely engaged in learning whatever it is that set this all up. (solicitations already spoiled it kinda but let's pretend)

Thanks for the recap Chrono! Yeah, I was bit disappointed that we are retreading this storyline with Rogue. Zub has not written a ton of Rogue but each time it's the same character beat. Also disappointed that spoilers:
    it was both mutant leaders clashing while indecisive Falcon get to play passive passive in his leadership role. Why do I get the feeling the reason the others were frozen cause they are the real talent and the powers that be felt confident Rogue, Berto and Falcon were strictly D-League?
    end of spoilersHope this gets better. Rogue did look pretty though! Pepe is still killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Thanks for the recap Chrono! Yeah, I was bit disappointed that we are retreading this storyline with Rogue. Zub has not written a ton of Rogue but each time it's the same character beat. Also disappointed that spoilers:
    it was both mutant leaders clashing while indecisive Falcon get to play passive passive in his leadership role. Why do I get the feeling the reason the others were frozen cause they are the real talent and the powers that be felt confident Rogue, Berto and Falcon were strictly D-League?
    end of spoilersHope this gets better. Rogue did look pretty though! Pepe is still killing it.
    Welcome! Yep, it also felt really weird since spoilers:
    the last time Sunspot and Rogue interacted, he seemed to have a crush on her slash was hitting on her insistently. If anything, I expected Sunspot to be one of the few there to have Rogue's back and vice versa. A mutants gotta stick together kinda thing or something... But I guess team allegiances or egos take priority here. Agree that Falcon got to look the best by staying out of it.
    end of spoilers

Maybe I'm being an optimist, but I don't think it's a plot point we'll have to suffer from for long. though that preview scene with thor does make me worried... :/ If worst comes to worst, at least the art is pretty lol.

Totally agree on Pepe, I wish there was a way of posting scans with spoiler tags. not really a spoiler I loved the little panel of Rogue with her team behind her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    maybe but that would be stupid.
    they have chosen this planet because this planet have good defense. Removing this defense would be strange then.

and "even" Voyager picked Rogue plan.

about TOP TEN X-MEN WISHLIST FOR 2018:
    I think that this is strange that 3 people already wrote return of Rogue.
    She is in Astonishing x-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    they have chosen this planet because this planet have good defense. Removing this defense would be strange then.

about TOP TEN X-MEN WISHLIST FOR 2018:
    I think that this is strange that 3 people already wrote return of Rogue.
    She is in Astonishing x-men.
    Astonishing is a maxiseries. Rogue deserves an ongoing flagship spot

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Offbeat View Post
    Astonishing is a maxiseries. Rogue deserves an ongoing flagship spot
    I don't think that actual x-men flagships deserve Rogue.

I also think that lesser books but more focused on personal stories are more interesting and that's why I think that Rogue would be better there.

Spectacular Member

Is X going to "fix" Rogue again? I was annoyed that they messed her up again.

Quote Originally Posted by jddoyle View Post
    I'd wait and see in April. The events that messed her up more than 3 years ago may come full circle...

If anyone is wondering, Avengers #70 came out on November 1st, 1969. Suspicious Minds by Elvis Presley was the #1 song on the Billboard hot 100. (Me, I was 4 years old!)

spoilers:
    I just had a thought. What if releasing all the hero residue power Rogue has reactivates all the frozen heroes?
    end of spoilers

BANNED

She should be able to "fix" herself. She shouldn't gain this without hard work.

Yea, I feel as though the x-books in their current incarnation are too small for Rogue now that she has been a leader of the avengers for some time. I feel as though that is some major back pedaling. If the x-books return to their former glory than I can see her going back but it is going to take more than just renaming some titles after blue and gold end to seem good enough for Rogue. Her and Storm have certainly outgrew their roles in the x-men that they have had. It would be a Wood style story of x-ladies for me (with that exact cast, really. The first 5 issues were AMAZING) or her staying on the avengers. Everything else would seem like a demotion.

BANNED

I didn't like the Carey powers, so I'm happy she was messed up. I don't mind Rogue being able to touch people, but having her control her powers to the point where she could take just memories or powers, or leave the people completely conscious? To me that changed her too much from the bad rough brawler who through down with her Ms. Marvel powers, and who easily stole powers with a touch. Also Carey only gave Rogue "control" so he would pare her off with a man at least 50 years older. Rogue did use Sunfire's powers for flight, fire, and superstrength and durability but I guess Carey thought a superstrong Rogue wasn't feminine.

I love her the way she is with the Wonder Man powers. X does not need to fix her. We've seen her touch people without absorbing them, so she does have some degree of control over her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post

It seems like the old guard Avengers are gaga over Voyager, and yet we have not yet seen Rogue's reaction to this gal. I wonder what Rogue thinks of her. I hope in the story they end up sharing some of both their backgrounds together. I wonder how old Valeria is.At least Valeria seems to think well of Rogue. (May be she knows something dealing with Rogue that comes out in the future.)

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I didn't like the Carey powers, so I'm happy she was messed up. I don't mind Rogue being able to touch people, but having her control her powers to the point where she could take just memories or powers, or leave the people completely conscious? To me that changed her too much from the bad rough brawler who through down with her Ms. Marvel powers, and who easily stole powers with a touch. Also Carey only gave Rogue "control" so he would pare her off with a man at least 50 years older. Rogue did use Sunfire's powers for flight, fire, and superstrength and durability but I guess Carey thought a superstrong Rogue wasn't feminine.

I love her the way she is with the Wonder Man powers. X does not need to fix her. We've seen her touch people without absorbing them, so she does have some degree of control over her powers.
    That's the answer of someone who is not a true Rogue fan.

Rogue in control was much better than Rogue without control, he could touch people, and his powers were divided into what they should be, and there was no risk of using them as a last recuerso, because he was afraid of hurting his teammates, and what we saw at the moment what can be done summarizing.

Take without hurting powers.

Take memories.

Make psychic and empathetic scans better than telepaths.

Take physical skills.

take vital energy.

Decide to leave a person depowered, and return the power when she so decides.

And you take everything at the same time making the enemies fall into a painful coma.

Carey did not take anything away from him, he just made his power what it should be and was increasing and improving. The magneto thing was the only disgusting thing in his career.

The brick powers have nothing against them, but I want to give back the controld and their own mutant powers.

What they did to bring it back to status I can not touch ... it's a stupid and unnecessary retreat, and it seems even more incredible to me that some fans are happy about that.

If she recovers the control, under what premise will they do it, will someone recompose it? (Xavier Wanda), will she be on her own? or absorbing someone, because there must be something that is stalling the use of their powers of absorption.