Page 1 of 1021 1234511511015011001 ... LastLast

Default The Sassy Southern Brawler ROGUE Appreciation

"Name: ‘Anna Marie’

Born: Caldecott, Mississippi

Ability: Power & Life-force Absorption

Background: Born to the beautiful Priscilla and her lover Owen. Her parents married far too early in their relationship. In an attempt to fix their decaying relationship, Priscilla got pregnant. Nine months later she birthed a baby girl that she named Anna-Marie.

Anna-Marie, who had been nicknamed Rogue, beauty was well recognized by the boys of her town. There is one boy in particular she fell in love with, his name was Cody Robbins. She was with him one night, under a full moon, during their first kiss, when she developed her powers, leaving her first love in a lifelong coma.

She was seen and chased by a small part of the mob. In the swamps, holding her father’s gun, she stumbled upon a beautiful woman named Raven Darkholme ( Mystique).

Mystique took Anna home with her where she introduced the teenager to Irene Adler ( Destiny), Raven’s lover. In a few short weeks Anna grew to trust the two women, and she would expose herself as a mutant; what was most shocking to her was that her foster mothers themselves were also mutants. With this information she grew to further trust them, and even love them.

With no sign of a normal life ever being possible she joined Mystique and The Brotherhood, but her life soon took a turn for the worse in a battle with Carol Danvers Rogue held on too long and thus permanently absorbed Carol’s powers of strength & flight. It would become definitive powerset of hers for many years until being lost during her powered down period in X-treme X-Men. The encounter with Carol Danvers also had the side-effect of Rogue being no longer alone inside her own mind. Carol Danvers psyche stayed inside Rogue’s mind as a very vocal guest. Being plague by her own guilt of what she did to Carol and the need to control her powers before she hurts her two mothers,Rogue left to seek shelter with the X-Men, whose line-up she would never leave again.

Present: After gaining control over her power to absorb others; Rogue has joined Cyclops on his “Utopia” built on the ruins of Asteroid M, where she has taken the position of teacher to the younger generation of X-Men.

When she briefly joined the team of Charles Xavier, Legion, Frenzy, Magneto, and Gambit to track down and stop Legion’s renegade persona’s, she and her three man team of Magneto, Frenzy, and Gambit were transported to an alien satellite where they encountered and saved the lost X-Men: Polaris, Havok, and Rachel.

After returning to earth, Rogue sided with Wolverine during X-Men Schism and returned to Salem as a faculty member of the new Jean Grey Institute of Higher Learning where she currently presides.

After the untimely death of Charles Xavier during the events of AvX wherein Cyclops, Emma Frost, Namor, Magik, and Colossus become hosts to the phoenix force and set out to fix the world of all wrong-doing,inequalities, famine, and war. Rogue sets out to honor Xavier’s memories by doing her part to help improve Mutant/Human relations by joining the Uncanny Avengers.

Although Rogue has joined the Uncanny Avengers she still remains as an active member of the Jean Grey School of Higher Learning. "

(ALL RIGHTS TO TO POSTER teddyeatsyourface for the description and images.)
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 04-30-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Woo, new thread!

BANNED

Welcome back.

o

Default Ah love Walnuts: Rogue Appreciation thread

Gather round kiddies, this is new a place to discuss all things past/present/future of our favorite Southern Badass.

Roguewallpapertext.jpg

larger image
    Last edited by teddyeatsyourface; 04-30-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Walnuts aren't very southern. Shouldn't it be Pee-cawns?

BANNED

Spectacular Member

There was already a thread made earlier.
    http://community.comicbookresources....E-Appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    Hopefully the mods will organize these appreciation threads on a seperate page like the old forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    I didn't even see that when I looked up and down the new forum page. Otherwise I wouldn't have hit send, lol.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

Rogue Will Always Be FLYING HIGH!!!

Congratz on The NEW CBR Rogue Thread!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I'm tired of Rogue wearing the hood. She should wear a green variant of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen
    It's a Mojo series starring the Uncanny Avengers. Rogue is part of the "cool" kids but believe me, she plays no significant role. She has one scene that thankfully was not cut from the movie. LOL!!! Just kidding.
    That sucks! Does she at least whoop some butt?
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 04-30-2014 at 04:15 PM.

In the U/A annual, it looks like Rogue absorbs Simon's power yet again, but does not use it.

She should just perma-absorb his powers already. It's not like he's really using them...

I wanted them all to start dancing like in west side story.

Ya all better be using your same names, cause this thing is confusing me greatly!

@mikeb, I hope you are the same mikeb, Rogue does very little in the annual. I am not sure why she absorbs Simon. Further, she waits for Scarlet Witch to fight. Like the "supposed big moment (where Rogue fails) is Wanda's idea. Yep, Rogue takes orders from Wanda. Rogue is totes the ugly step-sister to perfect gorgeous Wanda and sassy Jan. I don't think Remender read X-Treme X-Men, Supernovas, Legacy etc. SMH
    Last edited by jen; 04-30-2014 at 05:26 PM.