Page 723 of 1021 FirstFirst ... 223623673713719720721722723724725726727733773823 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,845 of 15306

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    why didnt he pass out? And why did her face get scarred after the kiss? Im confused bc I thought he was disfigured bc of cancer, and thats not linked to his powers
    He's an anomaly. No better way to say it really. As for his scars... it's his healing factor constantly battling the cancer cells that give him the scar tissue. Not necessarily the cancer itself.

In sum.. just go with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    why didnt he pass out?
    because that's how her powers works right now? after Uncanny Avengers vol 1 and absorbing Wonder-man? she didn't beat anyone using her powers for the last 3 years and she touched more than Deadpool (Red Skull/Red Onslought in AXIS who also wasn't beaten by her touch)
    maybe she can control her powers partially?
    or maybe she is still weakened after being sick for months?
    why didnt he pass out? And why did her face get scarred after the kiss? Im confused bc I thought he was disfigured bc of cancer, and thats not linked to his powers
    Rogue steals everything.. she stole dna of carol danvers, Gambit blindness, dna of aliens

Jiraya:
    Duggan, Deadpool & plot armour?
    this is consistent unlike Gambit vol 3 when she kissed Gambit and he was able to cheat her that her powers won't work because he created some force field.... (while he didn't)
    Last edited by Xelossik; 04-09-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Yeah and it got me over 200+ upvotes.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-09-2017 at 02:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Yeah and it got me over 200+ upvotes.
    even better

http://community.comicbookresources....vs-US-Avengers
    Avengers vs Uncanny Avengers vs US Avengers

"Which is the better book? Personally, I'm enjoying Uncanny the most followed closely by Avengers. I tried US, but I just can't seem to invest in the title as I have no affinity for any of the characters. "
    first 12 answers - Uncanny
    no more other answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    because that's how her powers works right now? after Uncanny Avengers vol 1 and absorbing Wonder-man? she didn't beat anyone using her powers for the last 3 years and she touched more than Deadpool (Red Skull/Red Onslought in AXIS who also wasn't beaten by her touch)
    maybe she can control her powers partially?
    or maybe she is still weakened after being sick for months?

Rogue steals everything.. she stole dna of carol danvers, Gambit blindness, dna of aliens

Jiraya:

this is consistent unlike Gambit vol 3 when she kissed Gambit and he was able to cheat her that her powers won't work because he created some force field.... (while he didn't)
    Ah new son saga where they gave him full control of his power. He could manipulate energy so he could touch Rogue by generating a field of energy which is similar to what they did in AoA with Magneto being able to touch Rogue. Definitely a case of plot armour but I give them points for atleast trying to explain it in a manner consistent with history.

This too seems to be pure teachers pet plot armour. All the maybe's above show its a plot hole and we have no real answer's as no one has really touched on her power since Remender backtracked that plot. I would asume (i could be wrong) the reason she hasnt used it was because she could control her power (I mean who wouldn't use the ability to augment power going into battle if there was no cost) and could rather rely on wonderman power set. But that flies in the face of how blasèly she just up and kissed him. Maybe duggan will give us a reason.

But I think I will stand by Duggan, Deadpool & plot armour.

PS
    We're you just wanting to be contrary? Trying to fish out half baked back references which don't have anything to do with the current story.

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    Where the heck is Calintz hiding? I'm a little worried he may have fainted when Simon appeared in that last panel. Anyone have any smelling salts?
    GGGGuuuurrrrlllll!!! I just finished reading it and I AM STOKED!! I bout SWOONED when i saw my Simon holding my Rogue

AND he seems genuinely concerned about Rogue awwwwwwwwwwwww makes me MELT!!
    Also Loved the look on DP's face when he was talking to simon LOL

Also Spaz what's this I hear about you and some fans of your delusions getting butt hurt about some gambit trolling?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post

PS
    We're you just wanting to be contrary? Trying to fish out half baked back references which don't have anything to do with the current story.
    i don't like half truths
    Duggan didn't used plot armor because he used her powers excatly like she was using them in AXIS (after she lost control)
    Remender changed her powers in Uncanny Avengers vol 1 and she used her powers after that (AXIS)
    he didn't changed her powers... and You are calling this plot armor...
    I would asume (i could be wrong) the reason she hasnt used it was because she could control her power (I mean who wouldn't use the ability to augment power going into battle if there was no cost)
    Rogue powers have cost... always had... even if Remender removed one ... her powers still have more drawbacks
    she joined x-men because she wa sgoing insane... if this is not the cost of her powers...

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Ah new son saga where they gave him full control of his power. He could manipulate energy so he could touch Rogue by generating a field of energy which is similar to what they did in AoA with Magneto being able to touch Rogue. Definitely a case of plot armour but I give them points for atleast trying to explain it in a manner consistent with history.

This too seems to be pure teachers pet plot armour. All the maybe's above show its a plot hole and we have no real answer's as no one has really touched on her power since Remender backtracked that plot. I would asume (i could be wrong) the reason she hasnt used it was because she could control her power (I mean who wouldn't use the ability to augment power going into battle if there was no cost) and could rather rely on wonderman power set. But that flies in the face of how blasèly she just up and kissed him. Maybe duggan will give us a reason.

PS
    Some people read. Others use wikis and scans. It's a common happenstance these days.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    GGGGuuuurrrrlllll!!! I just finished reading it and I AM STOKED!! I bout SWOONED when i saw my Simon holding my Rogue

AND he seems genuinely concerned about Rogue awwwwwwwwwwwww makes me MELT!!
    Also Loved the look on DP's face when he was talking to simon LOL
    His face was hilarious. And yeah...the way Simon held Rogue at the end looked awfully lover-y. Which concerns me.

Also Spaz what's this I hear about you and some fans of your delusions getting butt hurt about some gambit trolling?
    Some? SOME?! That was some epic level trolling on Duggan's part. I'd really like to know which Romy fan pissed in his Cheerios!

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    His face was hilarious. And yeah...the way Simon held Rogue at the end looked awfully lover-y. Which concerns me.

Some? SOME?! That was some epic level trolling on Duggan's part. I'd really like to know which Romy fan pissed in his Cheerios!
    It wasn't trolling romy fans made the assumption that duggan was teasing a return to a gambit romance with rogue on his Twitter when he posted a then preview of the panel we see in the now uncanny avengers #22 when it wasn't that to begin with so romy and gambit fans have nobody to blame but themselves.

And duggan and marvel aren't obligated to pair up gambit and rogue if they don't want to they don't have to.

That's my problem with romy fans and some gambit fans is they act as if marvel and duggan have to pair these two up but they don't.

Hi. New here but I just gotta say I'm actually a huge Romy fan but I loved the scene between Rogue and Wade. I'm really hoping to see more of it now that Wade isn't married anymore. I was so sad that Simon ruined the moment. I don't understand why anyone would try and pair him with Rogue. I admit that I never paid much attention to Simon before reading UA except for his misogynistic comment about Thor being taken down by a woman. She didn’t have any chemistry with Simon in the first volume, there was more chemistry with Odinson than with Simon. Duggan really played the relationship between Rogue and Wade really well, I didn’t see anything forced about it. And I know I'm in the minority but I'd rather see Rogue in both titles. Whenever she goes back to the X-Men, she eventually gets shoved into the background.

Thanks. And 'hi' again.

Duggan, Deadpool & plot armour?
    Also, I assumed that she had control again since the reason she lost it was because of Simon and all the stuff Applesauce man did fixed that. She had a fling with Johnny and tried to kiss Red Skull when she thought he was Remy. She wasn't constantly reminding everyone that she didn’t have control and warning them like she used to either. I know a lot of people say she knew then and there that it wasn't Remy but it appeared that she didn’t put everything together until Pleasant Hill and seemed genuinely hurt when "Remy" wouldn't kiss her. Just my observations.

Wait....does Rogue have cancer now?

She'll have also absorbed Wade's healing factor, so she'll be cured as soon as it wears off.

Though that idea and your avatar actually brings something to mind... if Rogue absorbed power from Thor, would that also cure Jane Foster's cancer? And then she'd just need to absorb from any healing factor hero that isn't Deadpool (it can't be him because of the way his healing factor heals the cancer cells instead of destroying them), like Wolverine or Ms. Marvel (the current ones), to cure herself.