Page 446 of 1021 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456496546946 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 15306

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    I did originally think Kelly Thompson would be good for both but she admitted to me on Twitter she knows nothing about Scarlet Witch would jump at the chance for a Rogue solo series. So the writer I'd pick for a Scarlet Witch would have to be either Marguerite Bennett or Mairghread Scott.
    I hope Kelly Thompson gets that chance some day, even if its a mini series. As long as they present these women strong in their own ways, not just some masculine version of it, I will be super happy to read about them.
    RLAAMJR. do you mean Mike Carrey???
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

So I was looking at the list of confirmed titles for post Secret Wars and notice that Uncanny Avengers is NOT on it..

*Happy dance*

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    So I was looking at the list of confirmed titles for post Secret Wars and notice that Uncanny Avengers is NOT on it..

*Happy dance*
    There may be a volume 3. Don't count your chickens before they hatched.

Question for everyone: Which Secret Wars book that Rogue is shown at least are you looking forward to the most? I've only see her on A-Force and AoA. I lean more towards AoA atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    There may be a volume 3. Don't count your chickens before they hatched.

Question for everyone: Which Secret Wars book that Rogue is shown at least are you looking forward to the most? I've only see her on A-Force and AoA. I lean more towards AoA atm.
    I am definitely going to pick up AoA, and check out the first arc of A-Force.

UA was not listed on the for sure cancelled list and Tom B confirmed that UA continues during SW. Issue 3 has Gerry Duggan coming in as co-writer. However Remender is listed a sole writer of issues 4&5.
    Last edited by jen; 03-19-2015 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    I"ll end up getting both due to the creative teams involved but I got more nostalgia for the whole AoA era. Plus Rogue seems to be only rotating member and not part of main cast. Either way, I like that Wilson/Bennett get a chance to write her. Wilson's current arc on adjectiveless has been good and I'm a fan of her work on Ms Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I"ll end up getting both due to the creative teams involved but I got more nostalgia for the whole AoA era. Plus Rogue seems to be only rotating member and not part of main cast. Either way, I like that Wilson/Bennett get a chance to write her. Wilson's current arc on adjectiveless has been good and I'm a fan of her work on Ms Marvel.
    Personally, I think Rogue is only present to help boost sales for the first arc of A-Force. Kinda like the bait and switch on the lady squad. But hopefully like the first arc of X-men, she will get a good showing.

BANNED

Uncanny Avengers is bound to return with or without Remender.

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post

*Happy dance*
    There's a confirmed post-secret wars list? I only saw the list about the books "ending" during SW lll. I'm only interested in knowing how the post-event titles will shape up.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I do not mind Rogue with her base set of powers. She was pretty decent in Legacy with just those powers. Rogue doesn't just steal from teammates, she can also take from enemies while knocking them out. Plus she trained as a terrorist under Mystique. She is not bad at all at hand to hand but her character was established more as a brawler. I think she will keep the Simon powers, but we will see. I guess UA continues after Secret Wars. It was not one of the titles on the cancellation list. Hopefully Rogue gets a new uniform and personality.

On a UA note, it is rumored that Remender may be leaving. So there is a silver lining.

UA was not listed on the for sure cancelled list and Tom B confirmed that UA continues during SW. Issue 3 has Gerry Duggan coming in as co-writer. However Remender is listed a sole writer of issues 4&5.
    Honestly, I Never Got How they could continue UA During the Secret War Event since it is a multiverse crossover, rewriting of the world short of thing, but heck I will wait for Marvel to explain that one, LOL!

As for UA Ending, yea I don't think it is ending, just delayed, I have NO confirmation of it, but their was a rumor saying about RR leaving or something, but I rather wait to hear a true-n-true confirmation of that. Right now it was just said by a few posters. If it is true, I will be sad Indeed Greatly to see him go, but it is what it is, my only hope is the book, UA, continues.

If it does and Most-like will, who you want to have be the Next UA Writer?!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

a004pc, let me point out some things to, hopefully sort of make some things clearer about UXM#185:
    For one thing, Mystique , as Raven Darkholm, had held a position in the US DoD (Department of Defence) since her character had been introduced in the first Ms.marvel series in 1978. According to UXM#183, her current postion was "Deputy director of the Defense Advanced Research Planning Agency".
    Mystique and Irene had been living in those "hidden chambers" at the Pentigon, since UXM#141-142.
    There is an interlude story about UXM#185, in Marvel Fanfare #40.Storm, looking for Rogue agrees to meet with Mystique at a seedy nightclub. There they discuss Rogue and Mystique tells her about the Federal task force on Rogue's heels and Forge's Neutaliser and where most likely Rogue would be. Storm leaves,suspecting a trap but not wanting to abandon Rogue. Mystique then meets up with Irene, who asks Mystique "Did you warn Storm of my recent vision...That whoever goes to Rogue's aid will suffer the fate meant for her?!" Mystique replies " Don't be absurd, Irene--of course not! This was the perfect oppertunity to both save my daughter and cripple my formost enemies,how could you have expected me to pass it by?"
    Marvel Fanfare #40 is reprinted in a slim TPB entittled "X-Men Rarities". I found mine in the $1.00 bin years ago...
    Hope this helps! :-p

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I hope Kelly Thompson gets that chance some day, even if its a mini series. As long as they present these women strong in their own ways, not just some masculine version of it, I will be super happy to read about them.
    RLAAMJR. do you mean Mike Carrey???
    Yes. that's him.

i Miss Rogue as an X-Man
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    i Miss Rogue as an X-Man
    We all do. We ALL do *sniff

Am I the only that thinks A-Force sounds pretty bad?
    But what is liberty without wisdom and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint. Those who know what virtuous liberty is, cannot bear to see it disgraced by incapable heads, on account of their having high-sounding words in their mouths.

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.

BANNED

Hopefully Rogue will be back when the x-books come again.