Page 973 of 1021 FirstFirst ... 473873923963969970971972973974975976977983 ... LastLast
Results 14,581 to 14,595 of 15306
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    One thing you have to remember, is that Rogue's group has 2 of the Black Order as prisoners. Rogue and Jane Thor would have to fly from the Bottom of the world, all the way to New York (that is the span of 2 continents.) carrying Herc and 2 members of the Black Order. Even at faster than sound it would several hours and would be aukword with everything that has to carried. I hope the next time Rogue sees Voyager, Rogue gives her the back of her hand for leaving her group high and dry in Antartica.
    Shell do more then that to Voyager. I hope she pumbles that pretender.
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I... actually kinda liked her appearance in Gold. *hides*

I agree that it doesn't make much sense for Rogue to take orders from someone that has way less experience than her but that's Gold in a nutshell (see Kitty & Storm), outside of that I liked the Bobby and Rogue interactions. It helps that I missed seeing them together. <3 Bobby & Rogue friendship. Rogue herself felt pretty cliche, but in a harmless way.

spoilers:
    Also the way I interpreted it, it seemed almost like Rogue was co-leading the team with Bobby. Pyro asks for sanctuary and while Bobby says no, Rogue quickly says yes and Bobby reconsiders after taking her POV into account. I don't know, I liked it but that may change once I see more of it. as it does with guggs
    end of spoilers
    Why?
    This is good idea to test new people as leaders.
    Rogue doesn't want to lead so she can be member of team like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Rogue was in 3 issues this week, Avenger 683, R&G3, and XMG 23. Actually she was merely mentioned in #683 but still a decent issue. Kinda knew where the issue was heading though. R&G3 was brilliant, funny and still lots of fun. Did not like Gold. Rogue's return was to reduce her to Bob's lacky on Kitty's babysitter's club team. Bobs acts like he is a better leader than her and he he isn't. Rogue has been saving the world over the last few years and dealing with massive egos to be reduced to this. Sad that her return to the X-Men is so underwhelming. I knew the X-Creators would dismiss/diminish her leadership role. :-/
    Do You think that Rogue cares about leadership position?

The only think that was diminished is UA and X-men Legacy in R+G. Rogue and Deadpool story sounds weaker thanks to R+G3.
    She wanted more experience... and loved Gambit in UA 22/23...
    This is well written book and I enjoyed it but it would be better for me if KT wouldn't diminish other relationships.

EDIT:
    and they have this talk only because Lavish is tampering with their minds. That's why i hope that they will fail.
    that's too similar to R+M in Carey run.

Omegarogue :
    If Xelo, but Rogue, goes to veclocities, which far surpass the sound barrier does not it?
    No.
    Rogue with Ms Marvel powers had 700 kmph
    Wonder Man fastest official speed is 2 mah
    I say her when she really flies to the maximum, she can fly and move at speeds that the human eye does not detect. She can go faster than any flying ship, say the plane in the avengers or the BB in the Xmen.
    Not supported by feats(or I didn't see them)
    I think there is no reason, at least logic, for her to quickly reach the barracks, the same Thor Woman.
    Thor is many times faster than Rogue or Wonder Man
    Last edited by Xelossik; 03-08-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Why?
    This is good idea to test new people as leaders.
    Rogue doesn't want to lead so she can be member of team like this.
    Why isn't it a good idea to let untrained or inexperienced people lead a team on potentially life or death situations? I think the better question is why would it. Honestly it's a miracle there aren't more casualties everytime the X-Men decide to randomly assign new leaders.

Did she say she didn't want to lead? If so, I missed it.

BANNED

Why isn't it a good idea to let untrained or inexperienced people lead a team on potentially life or death situations? I think the better question is why would it. Honestly it's a miracle there aren't more casualties everytime the X-Men decide to randomly assign new leaders.

Everyone starts without experience.
    It is better if they are learing around experienced people.

even Cap America or Cyclops weren't born with experience. They weren't trained.

Think about Your first job. You weren't experienced then right?

Uncanny Avengers 28 - "Ah'm not a leader Janet. I told You that already."

If she wants to lead people ...
    why she found new captain for her space pirates?
    Why she stop leading X-men after Z'caann ?

Everyone starts without experience.
    It is better if they are learing around experienced people.

even Cap America or Cyclops weren't born with experience. They weren't trained.

Think about Your first job. You weren't experienced then right?

Yes but that's why there is entry level jobs first or training. Not jumping into the middle of it, like Kitty or Iceman in this situation. And those two did train for their positions, Cap was a soldier and Cyclops was a student for some time training in the danger room before he went on the field as leader, groomed by Xavier for that position.

A better comparison would've been Rogue or Storm, since they were basically pushed into the position by outside circumstances. Storm did well for herself despite the lack of exp but Rogue messed up quite a few times due to hers, still I would trust Rogue over Bobby just because she's held the position more than he has.

And when Cyclops handed her the field leadership position she took it. I think how Rogue feels about leading changes depending on the circumstances for UA she stressed out by Not-Cap and a directionless UA, so she wasn't feeling up to leading, back with the X-Men it might be different.

Her powers were outta control for one. Also didn't she go to X-Treme with Storm senior leader? That's why, plus she was in the honeymoon phase with Gambit.

BANNED

Yes but that's why there is entry level jobs first or training. Not jumping into the middle of it, like Kitty or Iceman in this situation. And those two did train for their positions, Cap was a soldier and Cyclops was a student for some time training in the danger room before he went on the field as leader, groomed by Xavier for that position.

A better comparison would've been Rogue or Storm, since they were basically pushed into the position by outside circumstances. Storm did well for herself despite the lack of exp but Rogue messed up quite a few times due to hers, still I would trust Rogue over Bobby just because she's held the position more than he has.
    I didn't write that You should trust him more.
    I wrote that it is logical that Rogue can be in his team.

And when Cyclops handed her the field leadership position she took it.
    To remove Mystique from school?
    To run from her love troubles?
    I think how Rogue feels about leading changes depending on the circumstances for UA she stressed out by Not-Cap and a directionless UA, so she wasn't feeling up to leading, back with the X-Men it might be different.
    That's true that UA was a little directionless after Duggan but Gold is even more directionless(when we talk about Rogue and her short appearance).

Her powers were outta control for one.
    normal situation
    she never could control her powers.

Also didn't she go to X-Treme with Storm senior leader? That's why, plus she was in the honeymoon phase with Gambit.
    really?
    honeymoon ? that was later, at the beginning she was against Gambit in this team.

I didn't write that You should trust him more.
    I wrote that it is logical that Rogue can be in his team.
    That was my argument in the first place though, Rogue being on his team doesn't bother me, they've been friends for a long time so I could see her supporting him but in the larger scope it is a bit irresponsible.

To remove Mystique from school?
    To run from her love troubles?
    They both helped but she still did it. She was also field leader for Vol 3 UA and only started doubting herself in last arc.

That's true that UA was a little directionless after Duggan but Gold is even more directionless(when we talk about Rogue and her short appearance).
    The X-Men always have a clear mission after Red Skull was taken care over Rogue lost her main motivation. She still thought the unity team was important but didn't know how to move forward as clearly.

normal situation
    she never could control her powers.
    I meant more outta control than normal. You know, the Cyclops optic blasts and Wolverine claws sprouting randomly?

She was barely holding it together let alone being able to lead.

really?honeymoon ? that was later, at the beginning she was against Gambit in this team.
    On X-treme?

BANNED

That was my argument in the first place though, Rogue being on his team doesn't bother me, they've been friends for a long time so I could see her supporting him but in the larger scope it is a bit irresponsible.
    I can agree with that.
    but fighting against strong villains is also irresponsible.

They both helped but she still did it. She was also field leader for Vol 3 UA and only started doubting herself in last arc.

The X-Men always have a clear mission after Red Skull was taken care over Rogue lost her main motivation. She still thought the unity team was important but didn't know how to move forward as clearly.
    I think that X-men have different mission after house of m and right now

I would go with: Rogue lost a clear objective after Red Skull arc.

I meant more outta control than normal. You know, the Cyclops optic blasts and Wolverine claws sprouting randomly?
    Yeah I know.
    but I would add that this was written poorly. In Xtrme she almost never had troubles like this.
    On X-treme?
    yes

She was barely holding it together let alone being able to lead.

On X-treme?

On X-Treme in the beginning Rogue is OOC. This arc above takes place right before X-Treme begins. Remember Rogue wears ruby glasses. She eventually loses all her powers and R&G leave the team for a time.

BTW, the series launches with the same creative team as a Revolution ends with. Salva and CC.

On X-Treme in the beginning Rogue is OOC. This arc above takes place right before X-Treme begins. Remember Rogue wears ruby glasses. She eventually loses all her powers and R&G leave the team for a time.

BTW, the series launches with the same creative team as a Revolution ends with. Salva and CC.
    Rogue got messed up with that Skrull girl after Joe Q. became EIC. I think CC had positive plans for Rogue before Joe Q. Rogue became just another casualty in Joe Q's push to Emma Frost to the top of the Female X-Men.

BANNED

how she was ooc?

ruby glassed - yeah and?
    she looks worse and that's all

how she was ooc?

ruby glassed - yeah and?
    she looks worse and that's all
    I meant out of control not out of character. Her powers activated recalls at random, so she had zip control.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik

The only think that was diminished is UA and X-men Legacy in R+G. Rogue and Deadpool story sounds weaker thanks to R+G3.
    She wanted more experience... and loved Gambit in UA 22/23...
    This is well written book and I enjoyed it but it would be better for me if KT wouldn't diminish other relationships.
    R+G didn't diminish UA at all. Deadpool was an extremely short term relationship that ended up being not serious. Saying she wasn't over her ex, doesn't diminish anything. Heck, Red skull used the image of Gambit to trick her. Almost the same as Legacy, it ended up as another very short term relationship and she moved 2000 miles away and didn't talk to him again. Saying she was still in love with Gambit somewhat makes sense as to way those ended up being 'short term'. ( that and/or they were lousy boyfriends, which is also true, but you'd probably think that's diminishing too. )

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    R+G didn't diminish UA at all. Deadpool was an extremely short term relationship that ended up being not serious. Saying she wasn't over her ex, doesn't diminish anything. Heck, Red skull used the image of Gambit to trick her. Almost the same as Legacy, it ended up as another very short term relationship and she moved 2000 miles away and didn't talk to him again. Saying she was still in love with Gambit somewhat makes sense as to way those ended up being 'short term'. ( that and/or they were lousy boyfriends, which is also true, but you'd probably think that's diminishing too. )
    R+M wasn't extremely short term relationship. It was mostly off panel relationship.

Saying she was still in love with Gambit somewhat makes sense as to way those ended up being 'short term'.
    Saying that she picked Magneto if she needed experience.... how that sounds after Antartica?

( that and/or they were lousy boyfriends, which is also true, but you'd probably think that's diminishing too. )
    Why?
    It is a fact that Deadpool fucked up. I can also add that Magneto in 274 also fucked up.

Heck, Red skull used the image of Gambit to trick her.
    and she wanted to kill him with a kiss

Saying she wasn't over her ex, doesn't diminish anything.
    I could easily buy version that she wasn't over her ex but she was trying.... (because for example she was still loving him yet she was too scared after Death).
    but vision that Rogue starts relationships just because she needs more experience and plans to return to Gambit later sounds weak for me.

I can easily enjoy version that she was afraid and that's why she run from Gambit.
    I don't like that she needed someone first because that sounds dishonest for me.

Spectacular Member

Rogue was in 3 issues this week, Avenger 683, R&G3, and XMG 23. Actually she was merely mentioned in #683 but still a decent issue. Kinda knew where the issue was heading though. R&G3 was brilliant, funny and still lots of fun. Did not like Gold. Rogue's return was to reduce her to Bob's lacky on Kitty's babysitter's club team. Bobs acts like he is a better leader than her and he he isn't. Rogue has been saving the world over the last few years and dealing with massive egos to be reduced to this. Sad that her return to the X-Men is so underwhelming. I knew the X-Creators would dismiss/diminish her leadership role. :-/
    I did not get that feeling at all. If anything She there to baby sit Bobby. She knows that Kitty wants to Iceman to step up, Rogue seems to be coleader, there to help him and watch over him. She did decide to keep that new Pyro.

I like it a lot.