Page 15 of 1021 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925651155151015 ... LastLast

What about Rogue functioning somewhat like Legion does/did? In that she has to negotiate, bribe or overpower the personalities in her head in order to use their powers. The stronger the personality, the harder it is to access that power. Same goes for trying to use multiple powers at once.

There would also be a weakness for borrowing powers where the personality gets a stronger presence in her mind the longer Rogue tries to use them. She wouldn't be hopped up on powers 24/7.

And if she just doesn't want to deal with all the drama, she'll just absorb a power-source straight from an intended target. Thus keeping the touch/kiss tactic.

I'm not fond of that idea. The reason that works for Legion is due to all the various mental issues he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I want her to move to another Avengers team, like whichever one Widow is on (Her and Rogue's chemistry was incredible), or the team Sam Guthrie is on. (I always wanted those two fellow southerners to hook up sometime.)

If she were to join an X-Men team, I don't want her to return to Wood's book since it has become a colossal mess. She should join X-Factor with her friends Polaris, Gambit, and Danger. Not to mention Peter David writes an entertaining Rogue.
    Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! I'd pay extra money to watch Gambit try and smartmouth her like he does to Lorna When did PAD write her??

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I'm not fond of that idea. The reason that works for Legion is due to all the various mental issues he has.
    Rogue does have a history of that herself. Look at her and Persona-Carol's interactions during the Outback. And she expressed shades of almost-schizophrenia with the personalities in her head during ReLoad & X-treme.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Rogue does have a history of that herself. Look at her and Persona-Carol's interactions during the Outback. And she expressed shades of almost-schizophrenia with the personalities in her head during ReLoad & X-treme.
    True but that wasn't just a result of her powers not being fully realized thus keeping their mental echo in her head?

X-Men 204. iirc it's right before the book jumps into Messiah Complex.

Oh Kurt! Yes, they need to do more brother-sister bonding. I get that their adopted and didn't grow together, but it'd be nice to see a sibling-like relationship expressed.
    Thanks!

They didn't grow up together, but were friends before Kurt and Kitty went to Muir after being injured and the X-Men 'died'. Being sort of siblings just adds another aspect to their friendship.
    But mostly I just want her to have friends again. Or, all the X-Men really, but this is the Rogue thread.

I would totally be for seeing her hang out and/or work with Black Widow more, that A+X issue was a blast.
    I don't even mind the idea of her being on an Avengers team, it's just the execution (haha*cries*) that has been lacking. It just doesn't make sense to me that Rogue is the one all gun ho to gut Wanda. Rogue believes in redemption, values that so much, that she would be the one trying to help and support Wanda.

But Baby Hope erased all the memories and people from her head when Mystique used her to fix comatose Rogue. Now that she has control, the doesn't occur anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dahllaz View Post
    Thanks!

They didn't grow up together, but were friends before Kurt and Kitty went to Muir after being injured and the X-Men 'died'. Being sort of siblings just adds another aspect to their friendship.
    But mostly I just want her to have friends again. Or, all the X-Men really, but this is the Rogue thread.

I would totally be for seeing her hang out and/or work with Black Widow more, that A+X issue was a blast.
    I don't even mind the idea of her being on an Avengers team, it's just the execution (haha*cries*) that has been lacking. It just doesn't make sense to me that Rogue is the one all gun ho to gut Wanda. Rogue believes in redemption, values that so much, that she would be the one trying to help and support Wanda.
    SMDH. Too soon, lmao.

Friends would definitely be a welcome change, adopted siblings even more so! It's nice to speculate and it kinda makes me feel hopeful for Rogue's future, buuuut...I highly doubt UA is going to let her go anytime soon, even after she comes back :/

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    SMDH. Too soon, lmao.

Friends would definitely be a welcome change, adopted siblings even more so! It's nice to speculate and it kinda makes me feel hopeful for Rogue's future, buuuut...I highly doubt UA is going to let her go anytime soon, even after she comes back :/
    Yeah Remender said he had plans for Rogue. I'm scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    True but that wasn't just a result of her powers not being fully realized thus keeping their mental echo in her head?
    She does have better control and can choose not to get a rush of memories with the powers she steals, but there's nothing to suggest she still not cataloging persona's in her head.

Quote Originally Posted by dahlaz
    But Baby Hope erased all the memories and people from her head when Mystique used her to fix comatose Rogue. Now that she has control, the doesn't occur anymore.
    Hope reset her, yes, but she absorbed Mystique almost immediately after. In fact, her mother's mental ghost was haunting her before Xavier gave her control. I assume the persona's all still in there, just not as close to the surface as they used to be.

I still think it perhaps come off as a gimick. I don't know, still not fond of the idea.

That's fine. Thanks for the feedback anyway.

My Rogue Appreciation...
    Long Live Brawler Rogue Who Kicked A** and Took Names...

Don't start none...won't be none.

...thought we had her back for a minute ! Oh well...lol
    Last edited by O.REDD; 05-07-2014 at 06:32 PM.