Page 1001 of 1021 FirstFirst ... 5019019519919979989991000100110021003100410051011 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,015 of 15306

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Lanio Sena
    Beautiful image, thank you.

https://www.cbr.com/x-position-retur...ordan-d-white/

Unsurprisingly, rogueisbae asks as follow-up: “With Rogue finally back with the X-Men after more than six years of being away, can we expect something “big” with regards to her return?”

White: She will be getting featured soon and she is also currently in Mystery in Madripoor.

Not a "we have bigs plans" just, "eh, she will be featured." Not looking promising. We were so spoiled. Now the drought begins.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post

Unsurprisingly, rogueisbae asks as follow-up: “With Rogue finally back with the X-Men after more than six years of being away, can we expect something “big” with regards to her return?”

White: She will be getting featured soon and she is also currently in Mystery in Madripoor.

Not a "we have bigs plans" just, "eh, she will be featured." Not looking promising. We were so spoiled. Now the drought begins.
    that's how Rogue (tas) and Rogue (90s) were written. That's not unexpected.

Wouldn't be surprised if Rogue is being set up for a story to make Carol look good. There were direct references to what happened between the two of them in Mystery in Madripoor and that one shot Captain Marvel Infinity Countdown. I think there will be a revelation about what happened between and Carol way back when in August, because in the August solictation it said "An X-man's life will change forever". Also in the one shot, Carol states "I always thought I should have fought more. It felt like that moment on the bridge was my greatest failure. My weakness." August is also the 4th aniversay of Rogue's powers getting screwed up by Rick Remender. Remember what I said about the person who helps Rogue with her power problems being someone needing an image boost? I also said this person would probabily be an energy manipulator. By September, it will be around 7 months before that movie comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Lanio Sena
    Yowza, looks straight off a Wizard magazine cover from my teenage years. Hubba hubba

Personally I found this X-Position very disappointing, this and that he did not say anything is the same for me, at least on the side of the Rogue fans.

That, "she will be presented" as they do not put her to lead one of the teams, be it Gold or any other, the truth will be a MEEEH for me.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

For the love of god, that in the next books of avengers, Rogue is included in any, in any would be good news, even in the Thunderbolts would be great news.

I knew that Rogue that was exclusive to the x-men was going to be terrible ,,,, I hope it will be shared between the x-books, and the abooks.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if Rogue is being set up for a story to make Carol look good. There were direct references to what happened between the two of them in Mystery in Madripoor and that one shot Captain Marvel Infinity Countdown. I think there will be a revelation about what happened between and Carol way back when in August, because in the August solictation it said "An X-man's life will change forever". Also in the one shot, Carol states "I always thought I should have fought more. It felt like that moment on the bridge was my greatest failure. My weakness." August is also the 4th aniversay of Rogue's powers getting screwed up by Rick Remender. Remember what I said about the person who helps Rogue with her power problems being someone needing an image boost? I also said this person would probabily be an energy manipulator. By September, it will be around 7 months before that movie comes out.
    Mike, Carol had no chance against Rogue, as soon as she put her hand on her Carol lost, she could not do anything against the Rogue powers.

And I do not think Carol held back at all, in all the stories we saw of that fight, Carol the star on the ground, or hit her with all her might without holding back more than once.

Which is what I've always known, Rogue in off panel absorbed someone with super strength powers (Blob maybe) to go to face Carol, since Rogue is not stupid, despite knowing that her powers are superior to those of Carol, I also knew that without additional powers if I received a blow from an angry super strong could be fatal.

And in the fight it's very clear that Carol did not hold back, so Rogue had to be prepared with someone's power of resilience, and since she could not beat Ms Marvel with that, she beat her with her best weapon, her powers of absorption.

I would not like that Carol win sympathy at the expense of Rogue, because Carol simply does not deserve it, if they interact together, that they are partners not as rivals, I'm pretty fed up that Rogue should continue giving chest blows for what happened with the drunk, is already more than paid her debt, plus all the bad things that happened in CW "was the fault of Carol and Tony.

I agree with Omegarogue, Rogue was powered up when she went toe to toe with CD. Carol really had no chance once Rogue latched on.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Which doesnt make sense to me. Out of all the characters that can be taking a break from forefront panel time, Rogue isn't one. Not in the X-Men books at least. I can even say Wolverine's "return" is kind of falling flat as with so many duplicates we've gotten of him in his absence, it's as if he never really died. I find it hard to believe any X-Men writer with an open roster spot sees Rogue untapped is actively choosing not to utilize her.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    Mike, Carol had no chance against Rogue, as soon as she put her hand on her Carol lost, she could not do anything against the Rogue powers.

And I do not think Carol held back at all, in all the stories we saw of that fight, Carol the star on the ground, or hit her with all her might without holding back more than once.

Which is what I've always known, Rogue in off panel absorbed someone with super strength powers (Blob maybe) to go to face Carol, since Rogue is not stupid, despite knowing that her powers are superior to those of Carol, I also knew that without additional powers if I received a blow from an angry super strong could be fatal.

And in the fight it's very clear that Carol did not hold back, so Rogue had to be prepared with someone's power of resilience, and since she could not beat Ms Marvel with that, she beat her with her best weapon, her powers of absorption.

I would not like that Carol win sympathy at the expense of Rogue, because Carol simply does not deserve it, if they interact together, that they are partners not as rivals, I'm pretty fed up that Rogue should continue giving chest blows for what happened with the drunk, is already more than paid her debt, plus all the bad things that happened in CW "was the fault of Carol and Tony.
    It could not have been Blob or any other member of the Brotherhood, because they were all in jail due to the events of UXM#141-142. The whole point of the events of Avengers Annual #10 is that it was a prison break, to break the Brotherhood out of jail. I believe if Carol wanted to, she could have worked out a plan to defeat Rogue. Carol could have withdrew, improvised an outfit that would covered her from head to toe, and very easily taken care of Rogue. In UXM#182, Rogue implies what happen there in San Fransico was not their first meeting. So it is posible Carol knew what Rogue was capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    The only "sympathy" I think Carol would get is because of her head was so messed up at the time of her encounter with Rogue due to that Marcus mess. Carol's greatest weakness is her ego. Carol's ego is so fragile it's very easily bruised or wounded. Also Carol is very easily blinded by her own ego. Carol's ego would not allow her to take any responsibility for what happen to her in San Francisco. Carol "forgiving" Rogue for what happen is like a fired worker, who was fired for poor job performance, coming back to his former boss and saying "I forgive you for firing me". Sounds silly, but some people are that ego centric. It makes the person look contrite while at the same time, the person takes no responsibility for their actions. Carol being strong, independent, self reliant is a good thing. Carol thinking "I don't need anyone, I can solve all my problems myself no matter how bad they are", is a bad thing. It also takes time for Carol's "ego blindness" to wear off and for the old adage of "hindsight is 20/20" to kick in. Usually a shocking event does this. This is my observation of Carol. If Carol and Rogue interact together, I believe it will be because Carol feels she "owes" Rogue, not to make Rogue carry guilt she no long deserves.

Wow I really had to dig for this thread lol. I see Rogue being back to the X-Men has less than stellar news. Don't get me wrong I love my X-men (I'm practically bias when it comes to them) but I'm bored over here. Ever since No surrender ended I haven't bought a book yet. Is Rogue in ANYTHING relevant than Gold? I refuse to buy that book, all things considered Kitty just needs to a solo and give Gold to Storm. I will support Red tho, i like what im hearing about that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Wow I really had to dig for this thread lol. I see Rogue being back to the X-Men has less than stellar news. Don't get me wrong I love my X-men (I'm practically bias when it comes to them) but I'm bored over here. Ever since No surrender ended I haven't bought a book yet. Is Rogue in ANYTHING relevant than Gold? I refuse to buy that book, all things considered Kitty just needs to a solo and give Gold to Storm. I will support Red tho, i like what im hearing about that book.
    The most lukewarm coming back ever. Only R&G has been decent. (the rogue & gambit thread has been more active though)

Unfortunately there really isn't much to talk about right now. She mostly just has cameo appearances in books. Gold basically embarrassed her in it's most recent issue, meanwhile the Madipoor mini already revealed it's big secret.

I don't know how Jean fans kept the Grey thread active during her 14+ year hiatus lol. I've been pretty bummed despite her technically appearing in multiple titles (ie not really).

#waiting4xreshufflenews

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    The most lukewarm coming back ever. Only R&G has been decent. (the rogue & gambit thread has been more active though)

Unfortunately there really isn't much to talk about right now. She mostly just has cameo appearances in books. Gold basically embarrassed her in it's most recent issue, meanwhile the Madipoor mini already revealed it's big secret.

I don't know how Jean fans kept the Grey thread active during her 14+ year hiatus lol. I've been pretty bummed despite her technically appearing in multiple titles (ie not really).

#waiting4xreshufflenews
    Hey Chrono! I can always count on you to hit first with info. I don't really care about the R+G. The book was good in repairing the toxicity of their relationship but as a whole that relationship ship has sailed for me. Everyone else can have fun with that. I'll wait over here shouting your #waiting4xreshufflenews lol. (Yea I don't know how Jean fans do it but I must know their secret lol)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

#waiting4xreshufflenews
    I think thay "big secret" (Madrippor) was more important for Carol than Rogue.
    I don't think that Madrippor changed anything for Rogue.