Page 105 of 1021 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 15306

Rogue commission by Carlo Paguylayan & Jeff Huet:
    [/QUOTE]

Nice sketching ! looks so smooth, but it will be even better in color, i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
    What does hating the fact that Rogue was not used well as the main focus have to do with either liking or not liking Romy? That seems to be the way to belittle the opinion of the problem I and others had with the book from the start of Rogue's turn in Legacy. It was irrelevant whether Magneto was added as a romance or just a major secondary character. The mere fact that he was added at all to nearly all the stories was the problem irrelevant of the later romance. I'd be saying the same if Legacy was suppose to be a Rogue book and Gambit was in every issue doing as much as she was or if Wolverine was. Plenty of people have note that the first Rogue LS had too much Gambit history (it did.) Why couldn't Xavier have guested, or Wolverine, and then Magneto and then Storm and the Gambit and then Nightcrawler, etc. There were so many other characters Rogue had history with. It was suppose to be Rogue's focus and Magneto was as much a focus as she was long before the romance that really started the supposed "team" version of Legacy. That was not done to Xavier so Rogue was short changed.
    I meant no disrespect in my response and was merely trying to find common ground. Sorry I belittled your opinion. That was the opposite of what I was trying to do. I wasn't lumping you with ROMY fans but could understand if you and others including (perhaps, especially) ROMY fans did not like Legacy because of the whole Magneto thing. But as you have your opinion on why you disliked it, I have reasons to like it. As I have said before, there is no right or wrong way to be a Rogue fan. I think that your opinions are equally valid. And since your original comment was to me, I responded but I guess I came off arrogant. I did not mean to and apologize again.

I didn't think you were being arrogant, Jen. Everybody knows that the hope of some more Romy action is pretty much the only reason I still read X-titles, and even though I was/am seriously put-off by her relationship with Mags, he showed a lot of respect for her. That earns my respect for his character. Plus his outright flirting during the worst situations was pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    I didn't think you were being arrogant, Jen. Everybody knows that the hope of some more Romy action is pretty much the only reason I still read X-titles, and even though I was/am seriously put-off by her relationship with Mags, he showed a lot of respect for her. That earns my respect for his character. Plus his outright flirting during the worst situations was pretty funny
    Well now that is praise indeed, Spasticat, if you can find fun moments in Legacy!

BTW, Marvel listed the characters getting the spotlight next year at Entertainment Weekly. No surprise it will be a big year for Wandz and zilch for Rogue. Basically we will get no Rogue Love for the foreseeable future (at least through 2016). I hate even more the Rogue/Wandz pairing since it looks like Prop Rogue is still all we got. It is definitely not fun anymore.

Edit: I know, I am being negative again. I wish I could be positive like CJStriker, but I am too much the grumpy old lady.
    Last edited by jen; 07-16-2014 at 10:20 PM.

#%%^@.

Between Rogue not getting any love and the possibility of Gambit hooking up with Polaris at some point, I'ma be a raging alcoholic by the time Marvel gets a new, decent batch of writers. *sigh* Thank goodness for fan fiction and fan art!

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    #%%^@.

Between Rogue not getting any love and the possibility of Gambit hooking up with Polaris at some point, I'ma be a raging alcoholic by the time Marvel gets a new, decent batch of writers. *sigh* Thank goodness for fan fiction and fan art!
    LOL, yes!!! This is a good way to cope with booze and fan art! YAY!!

Rufford Murdoch, who owns Fox Studios, is trying to acquire Time-Warner (You know,the company that owns that "other" comic book company! :-p). Do you think Murdock could/would sell back the rights to the X-Men to Disney to raise capital for his take over bid?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    LOL, yes!!! This is a good way to cope with booze and fan art! YAY!!
    Well we've got the great fan art - someone pass the booze cause I definitely need a drink on the Rogue front. I can't even look forward to some Mann art of her anymore either.

PS: Jen, I didn't think you were being arrogant, it's just that too many times I seen any complaints about Rogue's stint in Legacy be dismissed as a "Gambit" love as if being a Rogue fan, you couldn't have a problem with it beyond her treatment of Gambit or being in a romance with Magneto. Sort of how complaints about Rogue's use in UA are dismissed as being anti-Wanda. I honestly don't care about Wanda one way or the other, if they try to redeem her then great but do it on Wanda's dime not at Rogue's expense. It was poor writing of Wanda that caused the problem, then write her better not write Rogue poorly to compensate.

BANNED

Marvel 75th Anniversary celebration. Rogue is with Psylocke.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Rufford Murdoch, who owns Fox Studios, is trying to acquire Time-Warner (You know,the company that owns that "other" comic book company! :-p). Do you think Murdock could/would sell back the rights to the X-Men to Disney to raise capital for his take over bid?
    It's funny but I have mixed feelings about Marvel regaining the rights. The X Men movies are all about Charles/Erik/Raven these days, but Marvel are making some bad decisions at the moment. And I was disappointed in Thor 2 - it was nothing like the movie the trailers promised. But there again Winter Soldier was fabulous.
    I guess the jury's out!

OHMY!!! i hope he do it . !

I hope not - it's because they don't have the rights that Marvel/Disney are being more adventurous. You think they would go for the ant if they could have the spider? If they had X-men or fantastic four we would never see Guardians, Ant-man, Doctor Strange or Black Panther - they'd be too busy bleeding the big properties dry.

Diego Bernard

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
    I actually think her and Mystique being at odds is perfect. Not all family loves and agrees with each other. Rogue changing side should not mean Mystique has to.
    I don't mind them being at odds. I do mind when Mystique is just written as an evil looney rather than a very morally grey character. She's been an evil looney for way too long and that makes any conflict with Rogue kind of boring and leaves one wondering why Rogue ever loved her at all. Or why Irene did for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Diego Bernard
    Am I the only one that sees what is really cool art and then go adlkjf$#!#@a;ldf when seeing how damn low the uniform is unzipped on women characters? It bums me out.

@juan678 that pic by Diego Bernard is amazing!! We really do get great fanart in the Gallery!

Now the bar cart has arrived. Let the boozing begin.

@dahllaz, I agree. That damn zipper!!