Page 14 of 1021 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824641145141014 ... LastLast

Yeah she'll eventually be back once this current arc is over. Hopefully then they'll get roster change and she'll be off the team and just in X-Men.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I would "fix" Wood's X-Men by having Rogue be much more socially interactive with the gals, instead of only being the "muscle" of the group. Make Rogue an equal with everyone else in the group. Have her opinion count as much as everyone else's. One other thing: DUMP JUBILEE AND HER BRAT!!!!!!!
    I didn't feel that this was the case at all in the first arc. The way Storm confided in Rogue made me view the two of them as the senior leaders in the group, which makes sense as they have served together longer than anyone except maybe Storm and Kitty (hard to know exactly how much time passed while Kitty was with Excalibur). It wasn't until BOTA and the filler episodes where Rogue got benched and then disappeared completely thanks to events in UA. It's a shame that Wood's book has become such an uneventful mess, but his original ideas seemed right on the money. I don't really care where Rogue ends up as long as she has a writer who understands her and she gets a power set to fuel her headstrong attitude. Polite, power-borrowing Rogue has been ZZzzz for some time now. If Wood can get back on track and Rogue can help him achieve that then I'm all for it. I just don't want to see her sitting by the sidelines with the occasional begging for a power up from Monet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Yeah she'll eventually be back once this current arc is over. Hopefully then they'll get roster change and she'll be off the team and just in X-Men.
    I want her to move to another Avengers team, like whichever one Widow is on (Her and Rogue's chemistry was incredible), or the team Sam Guthrie is on. (I always wanted those two fellow southerners to hook up sometime.)

If she were to join an X-Men team, I don't want her to return to Wood's book since it has become a colossal mess. She should join X-Factor with her friends Polaris, Gambit, and Danger. Not to mention Peter David writes an entertaining Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwadruple View Post
    I didn't feel that this was the case at all in the first arc. The way Storm confided in Rogue made me view the two of them as the senior leaders in the group, which makes sense as they have served together longer than anyone except maybe Storm and Kitty (hard to know exactly how much time passed while Kitty was with Excalibur). It wasn't until BOTA and the filler episodes where Rogue got benched and then disappeared completely thanks to events in UA. It's a shame that Wood's book has become such an uneventful mess, but his original ideas seemed right on the money. I don't really care where Rogue ends up as long as she has a writer who understands her and she gets a power set to fuel her headstrong attitude. Polite, power-borrowing Rogue has been ZZzzz for some time now. If Wood can get back on track and Rogue can help him achieve that then I'm all for it. I just don't want to see her sitting by the sidelines with the occasional begging for a power up from Monet.
    I do like the idea Wood had (or was it Claremont?) where she was able to call upon powers she's absorbed in the past. Hate to say it, but she isn't as useful in team combat when she only has her leech powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I do like the idea Wood had (or was it Claremont?) where she was able to call upon powers she's absorbed in the past. Hate to say it, but she isn't as useful in team combat when she only has her leech powers.
    That was Claremont during Extreme I believe.

I want her to move to another Avengers team, like whichever one Widow is on (Her and Rogue's chemistry was incredible), or the team Sam Guthrie is on. (I always wanted those two fellow southerners to hook up sometime.)

If she were to join an X-Men team, I don't want her to return to Wood's book since it has become a colossal mess. She should join X-Factor with her friends Polaris, Gambit, and Danger. Not to mention Peter David writes an entertaining Rogue.
    Rogue on Secret Avengers would be interesting. I think Kot would do a good job writing her but I don't see her being on that cast since that's a Shield run team. Sam is on the main Avengers team but that book is all plot driven with no real characterization for the most part.

The Avengers team she probably would work best on is actually the Uncanny one, at least due to that concept. Nevermind the way the writing has portrayed her.
    Outside of that, I think it would be great to see her on Mighty Avengers. Al Ewing has been doing a great job on that series and he gets continuity as well.

X teams wise I'd like to see her on X-Factor if she wasn't in X-Men.
    Last edited by Mahes; 05-07-2014 at 10:11 AM. Reason: meant to add in X-Factor

Rogue and Black Widow sexy adventures for me. Drawned and written by Bachalo

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Rogue and Black Widow sexy adventures for me. Drawned and written by Bachalo
    That A+X issue was great wasn't it?

That A+X issue was great wasn't it?
    it was

Rogue and Black Widow showed a great chemistry.

Rogue on Secret Avengers would be interesting. I think Kot would do a good job writing her but I don't see her being on that cast since that's a Shield run team. Sam is on the main Avengers team but that book is all plot driven with no real characterization for the most part.

The Avengers team she probably would work best on is actually the Uncanny one, at least due to that concept. Nevermind the way the writing has portrayed her.
    Outside of that, I think it would be great to see her on Mighty Avengers. Al Ewing has been doing a great job on that series and he gets continuity as well.

X teams wise I'd like to see her on X-Factor if she wasn't in X-Men.
    Then I guess the Avengers just don't work for her.

I do want more team-ups between her and Natasha. That A+X issue was great!

Spectacular Member

That was definitely Claremont in X-treme X-men. This was due to Sage unlocking her genetic potential. It was neat for the time, but I fear it would have made her way overpowered as she was able to basically take out an entire army of aliens all on her own. After that and her battle with Vargas, she apparently "burnt out" her powers and they all (including her mutant power) disappeared for a while. How that can happen, I don't know!

I know some people take issue with having a "stolen" power set, but I've always felt that permanent absorption (mind and powers) was something unique to Rogue and the flying brick abilities fit her tom-boy attitude. Her character really shines to me when she has the muscle to back up her brashness.

ETA: I'm really intrigued by the idea of her permanently absorbing Wonder-Man's abilities. Firstly, because he's basically a wallflower who doesn't engage in battle anyway. Secondly, because being made of energy could have any number of effects on Rogues mutant powers, which have always been activated by flesh contact. It could lead to some really interesting story lines and also give us back our brawler. Hopefully she doesn't permanently end up with the glowing red eyes though, hers are so pretty! Would be neat if they only glowed when she was in the heat of battle.
    Last edited by Kwadruple; 05-07-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Then I guess the Avengers just don't work for her.

I do want more team-ups between her and Natasha. That A+X issue was great!
    I do think the Avengers can work for her. But it would take a different writer/concept to have this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwadruple View Post
    That was definitely Claremont in X-treme X-men. This was due to Sage unlocking her genetic potential. It was neat for the time, but I fear it would have made her way overpowered as she was able to basically take out an entire army of aliens all on her own. After that and her battle with Vargas, she apparently "burnt out" her powers and they all (including her mutant power) disappeared for a while. How that can happen, I don't know!

I know some people take issue with having a "stolen" power set, but I've always felt that permanent absorption (mind and powers) was something unique to Rogue and the flying brick abilities fit her tom-boy attitude. Her character really shines to me when she has the muscle to back up her brashness.
    Yeah it would make Rogue too confusing and overly powerful. She would rarely be used if her powerset worked like that.

I do want her back to being a flying brawler. If Remender wants to do anything to redeem the character, he should resurrect with that old powerset somehow.

BANNED

I want Rogue with some Energy powers to be honest. I want her to keep control of her abilities though. I was tired of the whole not being able to touch people thing.

o

That first post has CRAZY boobs.