Page 4 of 1021 FirstFirst 1234567814541045041004 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Pre-Carey, What are some good arcs featuring Rogue? Extreme X-Men Volume 1?
    Depends on how far back you want to go...

The first few arcs of X-treme are good, but Rogue fades out after issue 19 iirc. She comes back at 31, powerless, and stays on for the rest of the book.

Austen/Milligan is skippable. I wasn't a fan of what Milligan did with her. All it was Romy angst and little to no attention for Gambit and Rogue's separate characteristics.

There's her Rogue solo but tbh it's not well-written and has a weird origin story.

Further back I thought the Revolution issues with Rogue were decent. I liked when she beat Wolverine using her smarts.

Thanks Jen and ChronoRogue!

I'll check out some of the Extreme arcs and Revolution. I just finished Supernova yesterday, got discount for it on my Kindle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Thanks Jen and ChronoRogue!

I'll check out some of the Extreme arcs and Revolution. I just finished Supernova yesterday, got discount for it on my Kindle.
    Nice! Supernovas was sooooooo good. We need Mike Carey/Chris Bachalo to reunite for a new ongoing for Rogue. Perhaps for her return! I can dream!

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Nice! Supernovas was sooooooo good. We need Mike Carey/Chris Bachalo to pen a new ongoing for Rogue. Perhaps for her return! I can dream!
    That can only happen once she's free from Remender. In a perfect world, this would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post

Fans, what did you all think of Peter Milligan's short run on X-Men?
    With the exception of Larroca's weak artwork, I thought it was excellent! His Rogue, Emma, and Storm were amazingly written!

I loved Milligan's Rogue. She was a perfect Satire of 90's Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    She really was. Sadly I couldn't appreciate that when I was reading it then but I love it now.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    She really was. Sadly I couldn't appreciate that when I was reading it then but I love it now.
    Agreed. Didn't really care for his era much when it came out, but when I read it now I can't get it enough. You never know what you got till its gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    OH I love the new thread title! Just how I always picture Rogue, a brawler type full of sass~.
    Thank you so much! That's how I see Rogue as well!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Is that what it was? I should've known, what with his work on X-Force. I can't find it in myself to appreciate it tho, not after how horrible Austen was.

Hmm I'll check out Milligan's run as well. Thanks again!

BANNED

darling Rogue fanz~~~! **knocks on door, waves galiently and brings forth a beautiful home made cake with Rogue icing on the top**

Some of u may know me as the delectable Flight (I Am Flight). A poster who was mercilessly shackled and silenced but has now been given a second chance, a redemption if you will.
    I am Havok's greatest fan (stan~~~~!~) and I am here to UNITE our two fan bases and console each other in our characters darkest hours.
    THE REMENDER YEARS.

I will be coming in here a lot to throw my appreciation and I hope we can stick together as one group until we make it through this storm.

Thank you my darlings and I look forward to sharing Rogue and Havok dee-lites soon. Air kisses xXx

Now that is a welcome! Hello Flight! We are happy to have you here to share in these difficult times.

BANNED

merci vous, my darling jen *air kisses*
    Havok & Rogue have been on the same team numerous times, we have lotz in common and i hope we can share some amazing moments

xoxo

*falls into thread* Ah hah! Here it is! Missed you guys a LOT today!!! Glad to see familiar names starting to trickle in If anyone is wondering what on Earth happened to CBR, read the "about" page... I had no idea that a female guest reviewer had been attacked over her critique of a comic book cover! That's what prompted the site wide change.

Anyway! I saw the pic of Rogue in leather and caved in...I bought the U.A. annual. I'm really surprised to say that I actually ENJOYED it :x Y'all are right, she could have been a lot sassier and less of a pushover, but I was just so happy to see her that I didn't care! The artist did a wonderful job with everybody in the book, and Remender made me laugh a few times. Overall, I liked it a helluva lot better than anything else he's done, although if you read between the lines, especially at the beginning and end, there is definitely some self serving commentary on himself and the fans hidden in the main antagonist's narrative (the fellow in charge that looked like an evil Ronald Reagan). I took a bit of offense to that, but - OMG YAY ROGUE! Lol. Loved Alex's silliness and the reference to Lorna as well

Spasticat!!!

Yeah, I actually read about this at The Mary Sue, but did not realize it happened here at CBR. That story was pretty big and correctly called for a zero tolerance policy of folks that post rape threats to lady bloggers, reviewers etc. Basically letting them know they are not welcome in the comics community or any community really. Sadly the article mentioned how commonplace it is for women who post online to get these threats. :-(

Okay, so you liked the annual? I just feel like we can see how marginalized Rogue will be once the team is unified. Wanda is going to be the star that all the characters fall for. Jan is the sassafras. Rogue is just there. In Wood's book, even though Rogue was not the star, she was the one with the big action scene and the great one liners. Remender is giving her nothing. Portrait Gate and the Thor scenes are like the best we got so far. :-/