Page 56 of 1021 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156556 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    A question for the thread:

What do you think of Rogue on a black ops team, like X-Force? I mean while she is no killer her powerset could make her unique in espionage. Absorbtion of memories to get classified info and the like. Plus, if she was on this version of X-Force, she'd get written by Spurrier who is great and really does his characters justice.
    I would love for writers to explore the versatile aspects of her powers, like stealing memories to gain info etc. There is cool info gathering she can do. As for black ops, I dunno. She is more a strike force person, the muscle. Yes, Rogue can be edgy and rebellious, but she is not necessarily dark. I think Rogue has to 100% believe she is right before doing something. She carries a lot if guilt.

I've got another question, kind of sparked by one of the forum threads here ---

What do you think Rogue would be doing if she never got her powers?

BANNED

I feel pretty convinced that after the "return" she is going to be imbued with Wonder Man powers, minus the ionic part, basically returning her Ms.Marvel status.
    I think the set up was there when she was able to absorb his ability, killed and then was killed by his brother, and Wanda will most likely need to use his power to reset it all. Rogue was most effected and it will take the most energy to renew her.
    Maybe it will make her a little less "grrr" in UA if she gains any of his personality and have a little friendlier base with SW.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I don't know about Rogue not being a killer... I think she'd be willing to kill given enough motivation. Like her failed attempt of getting rid of Mystique.

That said, not sure if she'd handle a black ops team well. After her ordeal with Carol and her own experience of being a villian, I think she has a hesitance on going for drastic measures and is big on second chances. If she were to be on a black ops team, it'd have to a very clear cut one with little to no grey area. Only going after people who have a LONG list of victims, one's who have zero chance of being redeemed. Then maybe I could see her there.

As for her power-set, it would fit better if there weren't an abundance of TPs around. But yeah, I'd love to see her written by Spurrier! He definitely knows how to write.
    Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    I would love for writers to explore the versatile aspects of her powers, like stealing memories to gain info etc. There is cool info gathering she can do. As for black ops, I dunno. She is more a strike force person, the muscle. Yes, Rogue can be edgy and rebellious, but she is not necessarily dark. I think Rogue has to 100% believe she is right before doing something. She carries a lot if guilt.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah I guess it doesn't quite work out for her to be on a team like X-Force then as it's so full of grey areas. It would have to be shoehorned and then with retcon to have it make sense and then it'll stick for a while.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah I guess it doesn't quite work out for her to be on a team like X-Force then as it's so full of grey areas. It would have to be shoehorned and then with retcon to have it make sense and then it'll stick for a while.
    If Rogue joins the one of the X-books again(AND SHE'D BETTER!!!!), I vote for her to be included in the Nightcrawler series. Time for some Mama-Drama! I know a lot of people have lost faith in Claremont, but nobody writes Rogue like he can!

rogue (rōg)
    n.
    1. An unprincipled, deceitful, and unreliable person; a scoundrel or rascal.
    2. One who is playfully mischievous; a scamp.
    3. A wandering beggar; a vagrant.
    4. A vicious and solitary animal, especially an elephant that has separated itself from its herd.
    5. An organism, especially a plant, that shows an undesirable variation from a standard.
    adj.
    1. Vicious and solitary. Used of an animal, especially an elephant.
    2. Large, destructive, and anomalous or unpredictable: a rogue wave; a rogue tornado.
    3. Operating outside normal or desirable controls: "How could a single rogue trader bring down an otherwise profitable and well-regarded institution?" (Saul Hansell).

Remender nailed the "unrefined" and " vicious and solitary" aspects, unfortunately, but Anna Marie hasn't lived up to the rest of her name in a very long while. I think it's high time Marvel went back to basics with her personality. Sure, she's grown up from being a mischievous, playful and sassy teenager and suffered a great deal of catastrophe, but just before joining the Uncanny Avengers she was in a perfect place to get back to her roots. IMO, those roots should encompass her as a fringe player who is willing to operate outside of the rulebook (but only when needed), not be a hero who is constantly in the spotlight. Let's see that flirty and mischievous side of her personality come back, and not in a promiscuous or mean spirited way. I haven't read X-Force in a decade, but they've always been the law breakers and killers. She needs to be on a team that indulges her rebel streak. The Avengers are too..."goody two-shoes" for her.
    Last edited by Spasticat; 06-01-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    I feel pretty convinced that after the "return" she is going to be imbued with Wonder Man powers, minus the ionic part, basically returning her Ms.Marvel status.
    I think the set up was there when she was able to absorb his ability, killed and then was killed by his brother, and Wanda will most likely need to use his power to reset it all. Rogue was most effected and it will take the most energy to renew her.
    Maybe it will make her a little less "grrr" in UA if she gains any of his personality and have a little friendlier base with SW.
    Hate to be cynical, but I'll believe it when I see it! Carey dropped hints about restoring Rogue to being a powerhouse again. It never materialized ! Gage did the same thing. I don't know how much control Remender has over Rogue's power development or if her power development is being held prisoner by those STUPID MOVIES. I want Rogue to become a powerhouse again. We'll just have to wait and see...

Absolutely agree!!!
    She was amazing in X-Treme X-men and if the XSE is ever reinstated, she'd be a great fit there!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I've got another question, kind of sparked by one of the forum threads here ---

What do you think Rogue would be doing if she never got her powers?
    probably dead.

I mean she did run away from home and into the swamp lands when she was like 8. A kid can only survive like that for so long

Saw this on tumblr and immediately thought of our costume debate:

tmp_http%3A%2F%2F37.media.tumblr.com%2Fe57cb0d2eaea2fe478865729c05730b3%2Ftumblr_n68ymyU4041qbib.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    probably dead.

I mean she did run away from home and into the swamp lands when she was like 8. A kid can only survive like that for so long
    If Rogue NEVER got her powers, there would have never been an incident with Cody. Thus, no need or desire to have to run away into the swamp lands! (Perhaps Cody would have knocked her up instead! )

Rogue ran away before she kissed Cody. Destiny told Mystique to retrieve Rogue before her powers manifested. I think it's more or less canon for each "origin" that has been given to Rogue over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    probably dead.

She managed to get a shotgun somewhere, tho. I'm not so sure she would've stayed there anyway, but ok. I can how she might've ended up six feet under or (as mikeb pointed out) barefoot and pregnant.

That seems sort of bleak for someone as resourceful as Rogue. I would've liked to think she'd be doing something more productive even if she never developed her powers.

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Reading U/A, how come Wanda can be remorseful in front of Steve, but is a hard ass to Rogue?
    The cynical answer is that Wanda doesn't like people that try to hit/yell/kill her. The easy answer is that Steve always has her back.

Jobbroni

I think that's it in a nutshell, and it's one of the main reasons why I love Rogue. It's a trait that I seem to follow in the characters I like. XD (Daredevil, Carol, Spidey, Batgirl, etc)