Page 8 of 1021 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218581085081008 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    Glad to see ya found the rest of us, Peppa!

Motherofpearl1, are you sure you won't give the new look a try? It's a shame to lose good people, especially Rogue fans!
    Spasticat, your kind comments and those of Jen and the others are much appreciated. But my reasons for quitting are not only due to the CBR forum changes, but also because I no longer consider myself an X Fan - the treatment of Rogue and the rest of my favourite characters has essentially killed my love of the franchise, and even the forthcoming film has no interest for me. The changes to the forum were the last straw, so to speak. Regarding the mod's decision to wipe the boards, I can understand why they did this as someone who absolutely loathes cyber bullying of any sort. But I fear that they may just have gone too far, and that in future a lot of us will be afraid to express an opinion for fear of being perma banned. As a result of all these factors I've decided it's time to bow out.

I will continue to read and enjoy all your posts. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy010 View Post
    Yes hopefully Wood steps his game up and get back to the actual storyline instead of focusing on the premise.
    Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    This seems to be the consensus. It's too bad. The series started off strong. I would love to see more of the original team fighting the A-List villains. The team was epic, they needed an epic threat. =)
    Exactly! How can you have such an epic cast like the one he received and not utilize them to their fullest potential? It's like omg really?! You dropped the ball so hard. He had tons of material to work with. So much to do with them that he could've done but didn't. He really needs to take heed to what the fans are saying and really deliver. This title has too much going for it for him to fail.

Edit: Oh and I love Rogue! <3

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Can I just say this will probably be the last message I post on CBR forums; I just can't get into the new look - I guess I just miss the old forums the way I miss the old X Men comics!
    Thanks to ALL the posters who've friended me over the years, I know Rogue (and Gambit) will be safe in your hands.
    And as our herojne would say 'Bye y'all!
    We haven't talked much, but it's sad to see you go. Hopefully Marvel turns it around and we'll see a return to the glory days of the X-Men (more 80s X-men than 90s).

I think I am going to bid adieu as well my belles! You are all lovely, but I don't think I can continue having a conversation with myself. ;-) Looks like the Rogue fans are going away anyhoo. Perhaps this was Marvel's plan. I wish the thread luck. If she comes back maybe in the pages of X-Men, so too will I! I will of course lurk to see if this thread ever gets some love again. With that I sign out! Bye Bye my darlings!!

BANNED

I loved the annual. Rick Remender's take on the bizarre world of Mojo was really smart and sophisticated without losing the wacky concepts is necessary to the Mojoverse. The writing was akin to Christopher Nolan's take on Batman-- it was grounded, but kept the wild concepts. It was an enjoyable read because it took a break from the story-driven, world-shattering plot, and allowed Remender to dig into the the little things and common niches of the characters. One of my favorite sole issue reads of 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Can I just say this will probably be the last message I post on CBR forums; I just can't get into the new look - I guess I just miss the old forums the way I miss the old X Men comics!
    Thanks to ALL the posters who've friended me over the years, I know Rogue (and Gambit) will be safe in your hands.
    And as our herojne would say 'Bye y'all!
    Noooo please don't leave! I really admired that you aren't afraid to voice your opinion with whats wrong with comics and the films today. Not to mention it was great appreciating Rogue with you!

Oh well, but I understand the setup of these boards are now awful. It was great knowing you!

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    She is still dead, but she may be coming back soon. This is the variant cover for Uncanny Avengers 20.

I would love for Wanda's mistakes to be retconned, and for her and Rogue to become good friends. I think they would have a lot of funny conversations about Magneto, with what they love and hate about them. I kinda wish Remender went on with his idea of having Wanda and Rogue best girlfriends, but I can understand Rogue's hate for her.

Quote Originally Posted by jen
    I think I am going to bid adieu as well my belles! You are all lovely, but I don't think I can continue having a conversation with myself. ;-) Looks like the Rogue fans are going away anyhoo. Perhaps this was Marvel's plan. I wish the thread luck. If she comes back maybe in the pages of X-Men, so too will I! I will of course lurk to see if this thread ever gets some love again. With that I sign out! Bye Bye my darlings!!
    Oh wow, jen you too!? You drove most of the thread jen, the thread will definitely drift if you go. But you do what you think is best, good luck! Hopefully we'll see you return after the Rogue drought is finally finished.

Awe I'm just getting here and people are already leaving :'( Hopefully something great is in store for our dear A. Marie. Did anyone read her novel? Was it any good?
    Last edited by Roddy010; 05-01-2014 at 02:58 PM.
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

YAY! This thread's back!
    I really loved the Annual, even though I would be happier if Rogue actually did something other than absorb Ghost Rider (cool as it was). Loved the art too and I am so ready for this damn story to be over so she can return!

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    YAY! This thread's back!
    I really loved the Annual, even though I would be happier if Rogue actually did something other than absorb Ghost Rider (cool as it was). Loved the art too and I am so ready for this damn story to be over so she can return!
    What did she do in the issue? Were Janet and Wanda big meanies to her?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Rogue and Janet were actually besties, talking spit about Alex's love life. They are the new sass duo.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    they worked better. While this is supposed to be before the Poxy twins crap, they are more cohesive. Rogue and Wasp talking smack about Havok's love life. Rogue and Wanda actually working together instead of against each other. The team's dynamic was definitely better!

Rogue Questionnaire!

Why do you like her?
    Favorite story arc?
    Favorite Team/sub-team (any era) that Rogue has on?
    Which costume/uniform/style is your favorite?
    Least favorite costume?
    Top 5 Artists from the past 5 years (this include cover artist too)who's drawn Rogue?
    Favorite writer for Rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    Why do you like her?
    I think it's two major things, mostly. Sassy, southern brawler is one aspect, the other being the isolation pathos of her powers. While those things are gone, the influence and presence of both are still felt, and her personality (when not under a bad writer) is interesting enough as it is.

Favorite story arc?
    Not sure tbh. My favorite moments with her are usually when she's kicking butt and being charming. Like in UXM 194 and 218.

Favorite Team/sub-team (any era) that Rogue has on?
    I have a soft spot for X-treme. I could do without Gambit, but rest of the team are all good for her to play off of. I especially liked when Cannonball, Shadowcat and Magma got on board. Close 2nd is Outback era (tho the men on the team were bores for me).

Which costume/uniform/style is your favorite?
    AoX, I guess? Tho I like the pink shi'ar outfit, reload and her original okay.

Least favorite costume?
    Carol's hand-me down, the pancho and the green jumpsuit.

Top 5 Artists from the past 5 years (this include cover artist too)who's drawn Rogue?
    Clay Mann, Coipel, Marc Silvestri, Paul Renaud, hmm... can't think of a fifth.

Favorite writer for Rogue?
    Pre-Forever CC. He's the only one that can really write a fun, easy-going and pathos-driven Rogue.