Page 846 of 1021 FirstFirst ... 346746796836842843844845846847848849850856896946 ... LastLast
Results 12,676 to 12,690 of 15306

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    X-Men the Animated series
    Thanks! One point for sassy Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik
    Sorry. I don't have. they are differnet but I like all these versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifend
    Yeah, the 90s and Evolution versions are nothing alike. The 90s one was more faithful to the comics, but the Evolution version was still a good character in her own way. She was popular, but since it would've been too drastic a shift for comics Rogue, they gave her personality traits to then-new character X-23 instead, who was a blank slate having only been in two episodes of Evolution (she wasn't even called Laura Kinney until she appeared in the comics).
    lol guys I'm not saying you have to dislike a version, just if you had a preference for one version. Personally, I really enjoyed TAS and Evolution too, almost equally because to me they represent different sides or eras of Rogue. TAS is the lighthearted parts of the 90s, while Evolution is the angsty parts of the 80s.

WaTM is... part movie Rogue part 80s Rogue? I don't know, but she is definitely my least favorite animated Rogue and not just because she got the least screen-time of the three.

If forced to choose I think it'd go something like Evolution > TAS >>>>> WaTXM. But I mostly give Evolution the edge because she got a bit more time to shine, as compared to TAS where it really focused around one or two plots (Mystique, Power Control). Still, TAS Rogue's humor is iconic!

Last edited by ChronoRogue; 11-04-2017 at 05:44 AM.

BANNED

Digifiend:
    I am surprised. I think that:
    -Rogue (tas) is similar to Rogue (90s and xxm, austen, milligan)
    -Rogue (evo) is more similar to Rogue (80s, Carey and later). Yes there are some differences but less than between Rogue (tas) and Rogue (80s, carey and later)

I think "Evolution" did the best job of "fleshing out" Rogue. I didn't see a lot of angst, but I did see a lot of anger do from being manipulated so much! Heck, the very first episode Rogue was in, Mystique had Rogue believing the X-Men were out to get her! Then Mystique pretends to be her friend Ristee. Mesmero mind controls Rogue to steal as much mutant power as she can to give it to Apocalipse. Then the Gambit in this storyline abducts Rogue, they take a boxcar trip to New Orleans, then get into an altercation with a rival clan, where she absorbs a rival clan members mind. Gambit did this all just to find out where his adopted father was being held prisoner!
    Last edited by mikeb; 11-04-2017 at 02:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

lol guys I'm not saying you have to dislike a version, just if you had a preference for one version. Personally, I really enjoyed TAS and Evolution too, almost equally because to me they represent different sides or eras of Rogue. TAS is the lighthearted parts of the 90s, while Evolution is the angsty parts of the 80s.

WaTM is... part movie Rogue part 80s Rogue? I don't know, but she is definitely my least favorite animated Rogue and not just because she got the least screen-time of the three.

If forced to choose I think it'd go something like Evolution > TAS >>>>> WaTXM. But I mostly give Evolution the edge because she got a bit more time to shine, as compared to TAS where it really focused around one or two plots (Mystique, Power Control). Still, TAS Rogue's humor is iconic!

If I would be forced to choose I would also pick Evo. Evo is more interesting as individual character while tas version is great in teams.

What is everyone's favorite animated version of Rogue?

X-Men: The Animated Series (1992)

X-Men Evolution (2000)

Wolverine and the X-Men (2009) couldn't find any gifs

In Power.

EvoRogue>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>Rogue TAS= Rogue Watx

In Personality Evo Rogue>>> Rogue TAS >>>> Rogue WatX

But All Rogues are wonderfull
    Last edited by Omegarogue; 11-04-2017 at 04:22 PM.

BANNED

Tas Rogue. Beautiful, perfect accent, superstrength and can fly.

Evo Rogue is like an emo goth

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

If nothing else, Evolution Rogue seemed to eventually turn into TAS Rogue if you look at the last episode of X-Men Evolution. That scene at the end of all the xkids grown up broke my heart. I wanted to see it. TAS was much more epic but the quality of Evo was really impressive, but of course, it was done by Warner Bros.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post

Exactly. Even in the 80s, Rogue was never that. It doesn't mean that it wasn't a good character, but Evo's version was different to the Rogue we knew from the comics.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

...anyone notice how often Rogue was in her uniform compared to everyone else? Thought it was pretty funny how Storm asked her to "not make a scene" but she Rogue's walking in the room with a spandex yellow and green bodysuit? Same way she was driving a car to an airport (again in her uniform), then just flys away? Cartoon logic. Still better than most of what kids have now.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

No Contest for best animated version of Rogue. TAS Rogue was superstong, invulnerable, sassy, sexy and by far the most faithful to the comics.

Never really got into Evolution's teenage Goth Rogue, or the Wolverine cartoon where Rogue showed up infrequently.

TAS Rogue is what really made me a Rogue fan, and X-men fan.

TAN despite being the most powerful along with Storm, they were diminished in powers ridiculously, especially Jean Grey.

And Rogue was not even in a joke as strong as it really was in the comics.

EVO Rogue was a much better created character, and he did not have the drama of the 90's wanting to get rid of his power.

And EVO Rogue was the most powerful of the group, and their absorption was used spectacularly, in TAB I count them with one hand, and the results were not good.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post

No Contest for best animated version of Rogue. TAS Rogue was superstong, invulnerable, sassy, sexy and by far the most faithful to the comics.

Never really got into Evolution's teenage Goth Rogue, or the Wolverine cartoon where Rogue showed up infrequently.

Well, until now EVORogue is winning.

EVORogue behaved more like the Rogue of the 80's or Carey's Rogue.

TAS was not even as strong as in the comics, it did not look like a class 50. Much like she in TAN is a class 3 , no more, they were all very diminished in power.

And TAS in the use of the absorption was a complete incompetent, nothing to see as Rogue was a Daux Ex Machina in the comcis when he used it, and this point EVO Rogue and Rogue WatX did a better job.

In general, and by far, EVO Rogue is the more powerfull version of the Rogue`s tv series.

Last edited by Omegarogue; 11-05-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb
    I think "Evolution" did the best job of "fleshing out" Rogue. I didn't see a lot of angst, but I did see a lot of anger do from being manipulated so much! Heck, the very first episode Rogue was in, Mystique had Rogue believing the X-Men were out to get her! Then Mystique pretends to be her friend Ristee. Mesmero mind controls Rogue to steal as much mutant power as she can to give it to Apocalipse. Then the Gambit in this storyline abducts Rogue, they take a boxcar trip to New Orleans, then get into an altercation with a rival clan, where she absorbs a rival clan members mind. Gambit did this all just to find out where his adopted father was being held prisoner!
    Yeah, Evolution Rogue justifiably had a lot of trust issues. As for angst, well it's a feeling of deep anxiety and dread, which I think she did display as well as anger. Even relatively cheerful 90s Rogue had plenty of angst, mostly in terms of her lack of control.

But yeah, I actually liked the Risty plot a lot. Mystique trying to form a friendship with her daughter was almost kind of sweet... if not a bit unhinged and a betrayal of trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik
    If I would be forced to choose I would also pick Evo. Evo is more interesting as individual character while tas version is great in teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue
    In Power.

EvoRogue>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>Rogue TAS= Rogue Watx

In Personality Evo Rogue>>> Rogue TAS >>>> Rogue WatX

But All Rogues are wonderfull
    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR

Quote Originally Posted by sbo

Interesting, thanks for all the responses! So I think that's... three for TAS, four for Evolution? Might be missing a vote somewhere. And no votes for Wolverine and the X-Men.

It's funny cause Kyle & Yost did Evolution and iirc one of the two worked on WaTXM, but WaTM Rogue was so dull in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by digifend
    Exactly. Even in the 80s, Rogue was never that. It doesn't mean that it wasn't a good character, but Evo's version was different to the Rogue we knew from the comics.
    Huh, I guess its fine to view her as a separate character. Initially, I was very off put by her design, since I was just so used to her 90s design and personality that Evolution Rogue felt too different and not recognizable. Over time and after watching it, I began to make some connections to early 80s Rogue in her behavior and attitude.

It's not the perfect match, as 80s Rogue also maintained a sense of levity and never got to be the angerball Evolution Rogue was most of time, but I feel like there is a resemblance there.

Now Movie Rogue... that is a character I can't relate to comics Rogue at all. Too different and she has no strength as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag
    If nothing else, Evolution Rogue seemed to eventually turn into TAS Rogue if you look at the last episode of X-Men Evolution. That scene at the end of all the xkids grown up broke my heart. I wanted to see it. TAS was much more epic but the quality of Evo was really impressive, but of course, it was done by Warner Bros.
    Oh yes, I really wanted a fourth/fifth season of Evolution. Psylocke, Emma and a bunch of other characters were going to be introduced too. Sadly, we never got it. ;_;

Unlike WatXM (the Disney buy out), did we get a reason for why Evolution was cancelled? Was it just dying ratings? It seemed to have done well enough to get picked up by Cartoon Network and other networks after it was cancelled, but that may just be the normal way of things.

----

I think I'll do a similar question on Rogue in other media (video games, books, etc...) but this post is long enough. I'll save it for another time.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 11-05-2017 at 10:58 PM.

BANNED

Movie Rogue is more similar to evo Rogue. Does anybody actually like movie rogue

Sorry but a superstrong and flying Rogue is the better and more interestinG and more awesome Rogue to me.

Just imagine comics Rogue w/o those in ua. Totally boring.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 11-06-2017 at 01:43 AM.

BANNED

Movie Rogue is more similar to evo Rogue. Does anybody actually like movie rogue

Sorry but a superstrong and flying Rogue is the better and more interestinG and more awesome Rogue to me.

Just imagine comics Rogue w/o those in ua. Totally boring.
    Movie Rogue = TAS Rogue - ms marvel powers and being sassy and history
    both are about relationships with men, have stories about mutant "cure" and don't use their powers