Page 854 of 1021 FirstFirst ... 354754804844850851852853854855856857858864904954 ... LastLast
Results 12,796 to 12,810 of 15306

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

If your point was she was exploring and learning her powers in battle, then I guess? But that's not what I meant when I said I wanted to see the journey of her learning her powers and really understanding them. And seeing these feats are nice, but it doesn't tell me anything on how she learned them or what struggle or experimentation she did to even think to use them in that way. Besides the Legion stuff which Xavier was directing her toward to help his son.
    But it is that you can not conform to all, that you wanted exactly, she began to understand their powers, in such a way, that she could separate them into different abilities, absorbing only powers, only personalities, only physical abilities, or scanning psyches that does not bring her no adverse effect, because it only scans them does not absorb them in its entirety, and then doing things that I never did before, he did it with Legion and he did it with Rachel / Revenant and I was lucky in that scan where the telepaths were a failure, she did her job better than they did.

In short, she was learning what she was capable of with her powers and what she could do, and increasing them.

If you mean that she should fail if yes, when she absorbs, I saw it in the following way.

- Rogue was stuck having his power on 24 hours a day, not that she did not learn how to turn this off, is that according to the explanation of MCarey through Xavier, she was damaged and could not access or learn to control the on and off of the absorption of energy.

- Xavier only removed that damage, and the power of Rogue to the starting point that she should have, did not give her control.

- In fact she was several hours alone understanding the power, because as she said she felt that all her skin burned and bothered her, I imagine when she felt the change between having her capacity turned on, or off, it was when I kissed Remy, not before, as you want to give to understand, she learned in several hours the on and off, and the rest came little by little.

I do not know what seems so strange, with the XKids even with XMen adults Rogue uses the powers better than them many times, and I do not say it only for Sam, but also for Cyclops, so I do not see the drama, Rogue's body adapts and so to speak the powers flueyen better in it many times, why would it take years or months to learn to use absorption?

Its power was in its formed state, it was not going to have to be on again 24 hours, because that does not happen to almost any other mutant, if Rogue was with the absorption on it's always because it was "decomposed".

BANNED

Rogue or Gambit will be in X-men Red.
    We should wait few hours for more info.

Do You think that Rogue will join this team?
    What would be better Red or UA? (I know that only assumption that she can be here or there)

https://twitter.com/VictorAtherino/s...18976172064768

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Rogue or Gambit will be in X-men Red.
    We should wait few hours for more info.

Do You think that Rogue will join this team?
    What would be better Red or UA? (I know that only assumption that she can be here or there)

https://twitter.com/VictorAtherino/s...18976172064768
    Nah, I rather Rogue stay on a UA or see how No Surrender plays out. I like her leading and in a starring role.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post

"Name: ‘Anna Marie’

Born: Caldecott, Mississippi

Ability: Power & Life-force Absorption

Background: Born to the beautiful Priscilla and her lover Owen. Her parents married far too early in their relationship. In an attempt to fix their decaying relationship, Priscilla got pregnant. Nine months later she birthed a baby girl that she named Anna-Marie.

Anna-Marie, who had been nicknamed Rogue, beauty was well recognized by the boys of her town. There is one boy in particular she fell in love with, his name was Cody Robbins. She was with him one night, under a full moon, during their first kiss, when she developed her powers, leaving her first love in a lifelong coma.

She was seen and chased by a small part of the mob. In the swamps, holding her father’s gun, she stumbled upon a beautiful woman named Raven Darkholme ( Mystique).

Mystique took Anna home with her where she introduced the teenager to Irene Adler ( Destiny), Raven’s lover. In a few short weeks Anna grew to trust the two women, and she would expose herself as a mutant; what was most shocking to her was that her foster mothers themselves were also mutants. With this information she grew to further trust them, and even love them.

With no sign of a normal life ever being possible she joined Mystique and The Brotherhood, but her life soon took a turn for the worse in a battle with Carol Danvers Rogue held on too long and thus permanently absorbed Carol’s powers of strength & flight. It would become definitive powerset of hers for many years until being lost during her powered down period in X-treme X-Men. The encounter with Carol Danvers also had the side-effect of Rogue being no longer alone inside her own mind. Carol Danvers psyche stayed inside Rogue’s mind as a very vocal guest. Being plague by her own guilt of what she did to Carol and the need to control her powers before she hurts her two mothers,Rogue left to seek shelter with the X-Men, whose line-up she would never leave again.

Present: After gaining control over her power to absorb others; Rogue has joined Cyclops on his “Utopia” built on the ruins of Asteroid M, where she has taken the position of teacher to the younger generation of X-Men.

When she briefly joined the team of Charles Xavier, Legion, Frenzy, Magneto, and Gambit to track down and stop Legion’s renegade persona’s, she and her three man team of Magneto, Frenzy, and Gambit were transported to an alien satellite where they encountered and saved the lost X-Men: Polaris, Havok, and Rachel.

After returning to earth, Rogue sided with Wolverine during X-Men Schism and returned to Salem as a faculty member of the new Jean Grey Institute of Higher Learning where she currently presides.

After the untimely death of Charles Xavier during the events of AvX wherein Cyclops, Emma Frost, Namor, Magik, and Colossus become hosts to the phoenix force and set out to fix the world of all wrong-doing,inequalities, famine, and war. Rogue sets out to honor Xavier’s memories by doing her part to help improve Mutant/Human relations by joining the Uncanny Avengers.

Although Rogue has joined the Uncanny Avengers she still remains as an active member of the Jean Grey School of Higher Learning. "

(ALL RIGHTS TO TO POSTER teddyeatsyourface for the description and images.)
    You don't always see bios like this that just puts the focus on rogue, its a nice change but as I do usually point out. her avengers act is usually a footnote in her history.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Nah, I rather Rogue stay on a UA or see how No Surrender plays out. I like her leading and in a starring role.
    I agree.
    I think that it be better if Rogue would stay as a leader of second Avenger team than go to Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    But it is that you can not conform to all, that you wanted exactly, she began to understand their powers, in such a way, that she could separate them into different abilities, absorbing only powers, only personalities, only physical abilities, or scanning psyches that does not bring her no adverse effect, because it only scans them does not absorb them in its entirety, and then doing things that I never did before, he did it with Legion and he did it with Rachel / Revenant and I was lucky in that scan where the telepaths were a failure, she did her job better than they did.

In short, she was learning what she was capable of with her powers and what she could do, and increasing them.

If you mean that she should fail if yes, when she absorbs, I saw it in the following way.

- Rogue was stuck having his power on 24 hours a day, not that she did not learn how to turn this off, is that according to the explanation of MCarey through Xavier, she was damaged and could not access or learn to control the on and off of the absorption of energy.

- Xavier only removed that damage, and the power of Rogue to the starting point that she should have, did not give her control.

- In fact she was several hours alone understanding the power, because as she said she felt that all her skin burned and bothered her, I imagine when she felt the change between having her capacity turned on, or off, it was when I kissed Remy, not before, as you want to give to understand, she learned in several hours the on and off, and the rest came little by little.

I do not know what seems so strange, with the XKids even with XMen adults Rogue uses the powers better than them many times, and I do not say it only for Sam, but also for Cyclops, so I do not see the drama, Rogue's body adapts and so to speak the powers flueyen better in it many times, why would it take years or months to learn to use absorption?

Its power was in its formed state, it was not going to have to be on again 24 hours, because that does not happen to almost any other mutant, if Rogue was with the absorption on it's always because it was "decomposed".
    I find a slower progression more interesting. You don't appreciate it as much when you rush through a development. It's true, Rogue does accumulate to other mutants powers extremely fast, almost strangely so maybe that's why hope's thing was mimicking a mutant power to their full potential but she's always had problems with her own power. It defined her character for a long time, and in itself could be a compelling characteristic that could've been explored as a learning process.

Also I think that damage is important to understanding Rogue's power. I mean, it's hard to tell what the reasoning for the origin was from a writer's perspective, besides creating a tragic event that elicits sympathy and empathy but I think it was more purposeful than that.

Rogue's power didn't stop development because of some accident or physical injury like Cyclops. Something happened to her that caused her to be unable to control it for years. A more interesting angle story-wise would be tying it to the activation of her powers caused mental trauma which blocked it subconsciously and then all the trauma and choices folowing her absorption of Carol Danvers compounding that.

Or perhaps learning to control a certain aspect like her to ability drain lifeforce was the key. Maybe even having to learn from someone like Selene! Now that would be interesting story potential.

There's a lot routes Carey could've gone to explore deeper.

I did like what we saw in Legacy, but I didn't see much growth and trail and error. It didn't feel like a journey, more of a power switch. But this is just my opinion and like I've said, its a story I hope to see in the future now that her powers are 'broken' again.

BANNED

Been thinking of Jean lately ever since X-Men RED was announced, it always struck me as odd that rogue and jean never had much interaction compared to storm, emma frost and betsy. So far I am not all that keen with the xmen red line up. I would have love to see rogue assist jean as a leader something we have really never seen

BANNED

I agree.
    I think that it be better if Rogue would stay as a leader of second Avenger team than go to Red.
    Not really since rogue is already long wasted in avengers and her been an avenger is doing nothing for her.

Legacy has shown rogue best leadership, the avengers thing has gotten old now for one of the mutants top heroes.

BANNED

Lol@if they have Rogue follow Jean...that's a pretty bad decision.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Lol@if they have Rogue follow Jean...that's a pretty bad decision.
    it depends on the writing. rogue has been with emma in xmen supernovas and storm in xtreme xmen.

it depends on how Jean will also be written.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    Been thinking of Jean lately ever since X-Men RED was announced, it always struck me as odd that rogue and jean never had much interaction compared to storm, emma frost and betsy. So far I am not all that keen with the xmen red line up. I would have love to see rogue assist jean as a leader something we have really never seen
    Why? Rogue rarely had personal interactions with other female characters.

Jean will be leading alone regardless if Rogue will be here or not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    it depends on the writing. rogue has been with emma in xmen supernovas and storm in xtreme xmen.

it depends on how Jean will also be written.
    That wasn't supernovas. Supernovas arc was about Rogue and her team (Cable, Iceman, Mystique, Lady Mastermind, Omega Sentinel, etc)
    Rogue and Emma was earlier during Austen run.

Jean's team is already full of people who are mostly strangers to her, I think Rogue should sit that title out. I'm surprised none of the adult 05 are there with her actually.

But hey, maybe this means Bobby's free to join UA with Beast and Rogue.

BANNED

https://twitter.com/tommybIakes/stat...51703499956224
    mark paniccia
    sadly no. I was tackled by our Sales team before I could get to the keyboard and told to keep it secret for now. A thousand pardons! #xmenmonday

We won't learn who is the last member (Rogue or Gambit)

https://twitter.com/tommybIakes/stat...51703499956224
    mark paniccia
    sadly no. I was tackled by our Sales team before I could get to the keyboard and told to keep it secret for now. A thousand pardons! #xmenmonday

We won't learn who is the last member (Rogue or Gambit)
    One of the few times I actually don't want Rogue on a team.

Ah, talking about Carey made me nostalgic about his one-liners.

One of the funniest Rogue's lol.