Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Cable #1 May 1993
    "Rocks and Waves"
    Kane is stranded in Cable's future and learns all he can about the mysterious Askani leader;

Cable returns and informs the Clan Chosen that they must destroy a time displacement machine located in Niagra Falls;

Kane has hopes that the machine can send him home before it is destroyed.

Script by Fabian Nicieza, pencils by Art Thibert, inks by Art Thibert, Trevor Scott, Dan Panosian, Danny Miki, and Al Milgrom

Just here to express my appreciation for my favorite male Marvel character. He's technically tied with Wolverine for me, but Cable is the character I bonded with most as a new reader when I first started collecting X-Men back in the immediate aftermath of the X-Cutioner's Song. He's the one who represents what I love best about 90s comics and the character I have continued to follow and enjoy even when I gave up on the core X-Books who seemed to have a sudden hate on for the Grey-Summers Clan when Quesada took over. Basically the Wolverine I love is the Wolverine of Claremont and Hama, but the Cable I love is one who keeps evolving great writer after great writer, even to his current run. The lone dark period being the unceremonious time travel ban Marvel editorial initiated late in Cable's first solo run (or second depending on how you count the Blood and Metal mini) and led to that stupid Soldier X run. Not that I blame Tischman, goodness knows he tried with what he had to work with. But I am still bitter about what Marvel did to Robert Weinberg.

All these old comic book pages are bringing back memories. With Cable being in Deadpool 2 and Cable's current comic run I have been inspired to go back and do a re-read of Cable (all his solo books, X-Force, and more recent team stuff.)

I admit to being a little out of the loop following the X-Sanction miniseries. Does Cable and X-Force come before or after just X-Force. And where does Uncanny Avengers fit into all of this? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm sad to see Cable's current book is coming to and end, but I hope he will be in a team book soon. And I can't wait to see him have a reunion with Jean given her recent return. It was terrible that her death has never directly been addressed, but I'm sure that he missed her given how close they were. I also would like to see Cable acknowledge Scott's death too considering how Cable felt the last time he died. Basically, I want the Grey-Summers Clan to interact and be important to Marvel again.

I look forward to talking with other fans who love the Askani'son as much as I do! I have a feeling I will be posting in this thread a lot.
    Last edited by Little Darlin'; 06-03-2018 at 04:10 PM.

I want to see Cable brought back within the X-men. He's always been on the periphery for the most part but I truly enjoy when he's apart of them and their stories. I cant see him fitting into the current books but Id love it if more X-characters appear in his. Jean Grey absolutely needs to make an appearance so we can get that reunion we were cheated out of. He also needs to interact with Rachel

Well, the last time Cable was an X-Man was after Scott died so here's hoping it happens again. I'd personally love to see him in X-Men Red. Considering Jean is trying to create a new mutant nation, the former leader of Rumikistan and Providence would be a great addition to her team.

And a big yes to more brother/sister bonding between Nathan and Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Darlin' View Post
    Well, the last time Cable was an X-Man was after Scott died so here's hoping it happens again. I'd personally love to see him in X-Men Red. Considering Jean is trying to create a new mutant nation, the former leader of Rumikistan and Providence would be a great addition to her team.

And a big yes to more brother/sister bonding between Nathan and Rachel.
    Id want to see him in Red but the fact is the cast is so large as is. I dont think there's space for any meaningful Jean/Cable interaction. That would have a better chance of being fleshed out in his own solo. However with Rachel primed to be a villian in Red, it would be nice to see Cable involved with that

I just read X-cutioner's Song, Cable vol1 6-8 and The Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix for the first time. I am LOVING these stories and the complexity of the Summers family. I love how it's all conected, with Apocalypse, Sinister and Stryfe all playing a part.

And now, the Askani' Son mini-series

I envy you getting to read those stories for the first time. Cable 6-8 "Fathers and Sons" are the first issues of Cable I ever read when those issues first came out back in the early 90s and made me a fan. I find the complexity of the Summers family amazing and can never get enough of it. All the stories you listed are awesome. I just started my own Cable re-read by getting some TPBs from Amazon which arrived today including most of the very stories you just mentioned - Cable Classic Vol 2 which includes "Fathers and Sons" and The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix which includes Askani'son too. (My original single issues are all buried in long boxes back at my parents' house. Trades are so much easier to manage.) Small world, eh? So from someone who is only slightly newer on these boards, but a long-time fan of Cable - welcome! What drew you to Cable and any favorite parts from what you've read so far? And if you want recommendations, let me know.
    Last edited by Little Darlin'; 06-04-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Also be sure to check out "The Further Adv of Cyclops and Phoenix" for the origins of Sinister that started it all.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Thanks guys. I'll check The Further Adventures. Once I'm done with those mini-series I'll start with Nemesis Contract and then Cable and Deadpool.

And I'm not ashamed to admit that the new Deadpool movie picked my interest for the character. Brolin was amazing.

Cable 158 cover variant rob

Because you demanded it! The runaway success of Domino’s solo series has had fans and retailers clamoring for more stories in her world, and readers have fallen in love Neena Thurman all over again!

This September, Marvel has assembled an all-star team to chronicle her adventures! Acclaimed series writer Gail Simone is joined by a host of superstar creators, including Deadpool co-creator Fabian Nicieza, Dennis Hopeless (Cloak and Dagger, Spider-Woman) and Leah Williams (X-Men Gold Annual #1), to bring you new and exciting adventures featuring everyone’s favorite femme fatale – with art by Victor Ibanez (Jean Grey), Juan Gedeon (Secret Wars Battleworld: Ghost Racers), Natacha Bustos (Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur), Leonard Kirk (Black Panther) and more!

“Everyone’s been asking where this partnership between Domino, Diamondback, and Outlaw began,” says series editor Chris Robinson. “But there’s so much to cover in the present with Domino’s newest antagonists that we couldn’t take a pause from the action. When the opportunity arose to break that story in Domino Annual #1, the team jumped at it!”

But that’s not all! Cable and Colossus, two of Domino’s most requested ex-flames make a return – but one reunion will prove to be bittersweet. Find out which this September, when DOMINO ANNUAL #1 hits comic shops!

DOMINO ANNUAL #1
    Written by GAIL SIMONE, FABIAN NICIEZA, DENNIS HOPELESS and LEAH WILLIAMS
    Art by VICTOR IBANEZ, JUAN GEDEON, NATACHA BUSTOS, LEONARD KIRK and MORE
    Cover by GREG LAND
    On Sale 9/26/18

The Domino Annual is the only book I’m buying from Marvel in September. Will trade wait Return of Wolverine and see what people say about it first. That’s pretty much it.

Very cool. I liked how they depicted the T-O virus in the film. Can’t wait to see how Cable’s look evolves in the X-Force movie.

Cable 158 preview