Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354 LastLast

That’s pretty much exactly what they are doing. What we don’t know is if this version is from an alternate future or the same one. We also don’t know how long he’ll stick around. Whether they’ll bring the original back, or just age this version up some. I cannot imagine he’s going to stay a kid for all that long. It’s super lame and didn’t last long for Lobo or Tony Stark when they tried it, so I do not see the fans embracing it here either. Being a grizzled old soldier is just core to Cable’s persona.

I actually don't mind Cable taking a dirt nap for a while. I love the guy, but he's been somewhat static since Uncanny Avengers. Maybe they'll give him something worthwhile to do when he inevitably comes back.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

How smart is Cable??
    I get the feeling that maybe he is not a super duper genius but he also seems to be way above average.
    what are some of his intelligence feats?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    How smart is Cable??
    I get the feeling that maybe he is not a super duper genius but he also seems to be way above average.
    I heard he was top tier.

How smart is Cable??
    He's a above average but more importantly he's educated in technology millenia ahead of Earth-616.

How smart is Cable??
    That's an interesting question....I think his intelligence kind of depends on who is writing him. It's kind of hard to 'measure' intelligence and growing up in the future and having access to superior tech (and being a mind reader in some runs) give him a huge advantage.

But there are several instances of him showing he is an excellent military strategist. I'm thinking about the earlier stuff with X-Force and the whole time he had to protect Hope in the future. That's an entire run where he is always a few steps ahead of Bishop.

And Cable & Deadpool had him run a small country and fix all the country's problems.

I'd say he is not on the same level as Tony Stark or Reed Richards but I think the planning/strategy skills definitely mean he is above average.

Yes, he’s a top level strategist and logistician, and also a capable scientist (though not on the Stark/Richards/Pym/Banner level). Furthermore, he has a law degree from Harvard Law I believe. So he can clearly think on a level above most folks.

BANNED

How Brisson Reunites the Original X-Force to Avenge – and Hunt – Cable

https://www.cbr.com/ed-brisson-x-force-cable-interview/

BANNED

Yikes, that art. X-Force shouldnt have cartoony art

Anyone else find it problematic that the X-Force avenges Cable's death is to hunt and try to kill his younger self? They arent even thinking of the catastrophic effects it might have on them if this Cable dies (assuming he is the same one that grows up to train them)

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Yeah, it makes no sense. Wouldn't that erase adult Cable and create a paradox?

Yeah, it makes no sense. Wouldn't that erase adult Cable and create a paradox?
    Time travel rule changes by story and writer but it makes no sense given the premise of Extermination which Brissen is also writing. This doesnt adhere to his own rules. The only way to make it work is to have this be a completely new Cable unrelated to the original but we dont know if that is the case yet

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That art is nasty. Proudstar looks like Frankenstein's Monster.

BANNED

"CBR: How would you describe the overall team dynamic when you pick up with your cast in Issue #1? Have they had time to fully process Cable’s death?

Ed Brisson: They’re a team divided. Coming out of Extermination, Domino, Shatterstar, Cannonball and Warpath are reeling from the loss of their mentor and have unanswered questions. They’re on the hunt for this new Kid Cable to get those answers — some want his head, some just want to talk to him, find out what the hell is going on. Is this really their Cable? Is this an imposter?

But, there’s also consequences to their actions and I think that’s something that’s often handled quite well in X-Force. For example, in Rick Remender’s run on Uncanny X-Force, the team kills a kid who they believe would grow up to be Apocalypse. The fact that they killed this child because of what he could have been had real resonance with the team. They’re irreparably damaged by the action and it impacts everything that they do afterward. The idea that they’ll do whatever it takes, but doing so comes at a real cost, is something that really sticks with me as a reader."

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    How Brisson Reunites the Original X-Force to Avenge – and Hunt – Cable

https://www.cbr.com/ed-brisson-x-force-cable-interview/
    I was curious to see what the art would look like. I can't figure out why anyone thought it would be a good fit. Hopefully they get a different artist after the first arc.

The end of the interview mentions they want to explore what has 'previously been left unexplored — that space between Askani’Son (1996) and Cable’s first appearance'. So I guess the new Cable is supposed to be the same character, but somehow his environment differs at some point.

I think X-Force has accepted Cable isn't coming back, see Kid Cable has a different version of him and want to kill him. It's actually a good fit for X-Force since they're supposed to be the team that won't hesitate to get their hands dirty....But the solicit for #2 is 'And in order to clear their names, they must reluctantly team up with the young Cable and Deathlok. But will they be able to put aside their differences long enough to stop a mutant genocide?!' So it's pretty obvious the book will quickly move away from them trying to kill Kid Cable.