Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Cable was at least in his 40s when he first appeared in the present. You know he had an fully adult son long before raising Hope right?
    Not really his son, though, an adopted one of his partners, Jenskot. He was probably older in LIefelds eyes, but he got sort of deaged during his own comic run. His grey hair is a result of the to virus, rather than age.

Quote Originally Posted by markdienekes View Post
    Not really his son, though, an adopted one of his partners, Jenskot. He was probably older in LIefelds eyes, but he got sort of deaged during his own comic run. His grey hair is a result of the to virus, rather than age.
    Cable still raised him since birth to adulthood, he led the Clan Chosen for decades, his clone Stryfe that lacks the TO virus also has grey hair and grew up paralel to him, and then he came to the present and since Cable's been here (and he's suppose to have been here since years before he first arrived, his comrade from the Six Pack GW bridge has retired by now), the New Mutants as well as the Gen X have grown from teenage into adulthood, so that's another five or so years. Late thirties is a ridiculous estimate of his age before he went to raise Hope. And just against clear artist intent.

Amazing Member

Are we sure he raised Tyler from birth? I can't recall, though maybe its worth looking at Cable 25 again for a young jenskot and mention of Tyler? The age thing doesn't matter so much, as he's been portrayed very differently through the years, with liefelds version still looking the oldest! I really can't remember where I read late thirties, like 38 or 39, perhaps that's how I've aged him through the years, though it might have been during Micheal Ryan and Bob Weinbergs run. There's not much difference between that and early forties. The hair thing is from one of his comics and can be seen affecting him even in his youth. You've also missed out his days as the traveller. Are we told how long he led clan chosen? It was from a young age as well.

Time in the marvel universe is a bit less restrictive than say Judge Dredds, where he ages in real time with the passing years.
    Last edited by markdienekes; 08-23-2016 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I totally thought of cable when I saw this guy (actor Stephen Lang) in the SF series Terra Nova on Netflix and in Avatar. Sad he is not becoming Cable

Attachment 39276
    Lang doesn't look like that anymore. Avatar came out seven years ago. He's 64 now and much skinnier. Plus he's only 5'10".

So I seriously doubt the guy can be a main franchise player at that age and keep his physique looking buff. Hence the need to skew younger.

And I'd agree that Cable was around 40 when he first burst on the scene in the comics. But I'd be good with an actor anywhere from late 30s to early 50s TBH.

Steve Rogers, however you want to interpret his age, plus twenty years. That's late 40s at best.

Amazing Member

According to one author. Sadly continuity isn't exactly brilliant in Marvel's world, is it, and often writers tend to ignore things others did for their version of the character, though I'm happy with him being that age, I don't really have a problem with it. From the periuod I'm thinking - through his Soldier X days and his Providence days - I can see him hitting his early forties before Hope.
    Last edited by markdienekes; 08-23-2016 at 08:49 AM.

BANNED

Cable still raised him since birth to adulthood, he led the Clan Chosen for decades, his clone Stryfe that lacks the TO virus also has grey hair and grew up paralel to him, and then he came to the present and since Cable's been here (and he's suppose to have been here since years before he first arrived, his comrade from the Six Pack GW bridge has retired by now), the New Mutants as well as the Gen X have grown from teenage into adulthood, so that's another five or so years. Late thirties is a ridiculous estimate of his age before he went to raise Hope. And just against clear artist intent.
    Stryfe did not lack the TO virus he had less of an infection...

It should be noted that Cable was reduced to infancy then rapidly re-grown to adulthood (Cable & Deadpool #15-19 Enema of the State Arc). What age he was when he stopped is hard to determine as Cable's hair turns prematurely white (presumedly due to the use of his powers). And with the latest retcon in Deadpool & Cable: Split Second, it's impossible to determine Cable's age or for that matter whether or not the Cable in Uncanny Avengers is the Cable we've seen before (you see him trying to check in on Hope? Kinda odd, isn't it?)

Cable fanatics...

What book and issue is this from and how strong of a telepath was Cable at this time?

Thanks!

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Cable fanatics...

What book and issue is this from and how strong of a telepath was Cable at this time?

Thanks!

This panel is from Cable Vol 1 #54. Cable was using his powers more and more but was still hampered by the TO Virus. It was a few issues later in #58 that Cable's powers were knocked out due to Psylocke's battle with the Shadow King (See Psi-War) and Cable started using the psimitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    This panel is from Cable Vol 1 #54. Cable was using his powers more and more but was still hampered by the TO Virus. It was a few issues later in #58 that Cable's powers were knocked out due to Psylocke's battle with the Shadow King (See Psi-War) and Cable started using the psimitar.
    Thanks a lot, that was quick nice work.

Would you say T'challa hiding his thoughts from Cable at that time was impressive or not really?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Steve Rogers, however you want to interpret his age, plus twenty years. That's late 40s at best.
    Yes, but that comic came out a long time after he first showed up on the scene in New Mutants back in the late 80s. Hence my statement that he was around 40 when he first burst on the scene in the comics. It would make sense that he'd be around that age when he first shows up in film too. Or at least not elligible for a senior discount.

Amazing Member

It should be noted that Cable was reduced to infancy then rapidly re-grown to adulthood (Cable & Deadpool #15-19 Enema of the State Arc). What age he was when he stopped is hard to determine as Cable's hair turns prematurely white (presumedly due to the use of his powers). And with the latest retcon in Deadpool & Cable: Split Second, it's impossible to determine Cable's age or for that matter whether or not the Cable in Uncanny Avengers is the Cable we've seen before (you see him trying to check in on Hope? Kinda odd, isn't it?)
    That's a good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Thanks a lot, that was quick nice work.

Would you say T'challa hiding his thoughts from Cable at that time was impressive or not really?
    I would say fairly impressive. Cable has not always had access to his telepathy like he did with his telekinesis. In fact it was dormant until New Warriors #46 (Child's Play storyline/X-Force Crossover). So I wouldn't say Cable was an expert telepath by any stretch compared to the likes of Xavier, Jean or Emma. But at the same time, I imagine T'Challa's disciplined mind coupled with the Blessing of the Panther God makes his mind a formidable one.

I would say fairly impressive. Cable has not always had access to his telepathy like he did with his telekinesis. In fact it was dormant until New Warriors #46 (Child's Play storyline/X-Force Crossover). So I wouldn't say Cable was an expert telepath by any stretch compared to the likes of Xavier, Jean or Emma. But at the same time, I imagine T'Challa's disciplined mind coupled with the Blessing of the Panther God makes his mind a formidable one.
    Ok thanks for the answers.

T'challa has locked out telepaths before (emma most recently) or at least resisted (shadow king took control of him but he was resisting him)

Thanks again!