Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    How long do you think young Cable will be around?

So what future stuff is coming out with Cable?
    5 issues 10char

As this is a Cable apperception thread, anyone not like Josh Brolin as Cable? I hope he gets a recast.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    As this is a Cable apperception thread, anyone not like Josh Brolin as Cable? I hope he gets a recast.
    Lol that isn't going to happen

Actually, it likely is. Don't forget Fox is about to get taken over by Disney, which means X-Men entering the MCU...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    I loved his Cable! Wasn’t crazy about the hairstyle they chose, and it needed to be grayer/whiter. But IMO he crushed it. Really gave what could’ve been a one-note character with a lesser actor portraying him some charisma. From what I’ve seen online and in conversations I’ve had with friends, he was a huge hit with audiences in the role too. Why would they recast?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Actually, it likely is. Don't forget Fox is about to get taken over by Disney, which means X-Men entering the MCU...
    They’re not gonna mess with Deadpool or X-Force. The R-rated stuff will continue kind of separately. Disney’s CEO basically said as much and X-Force is still going forward.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Brolin's Cable was amazing!
    I don't even care about the height difference.

If anything from Fox is safe from the MCU is deadpool/cable/Xforce.

i hope they stay in their own universe.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-16-2018 at 11:16 AM.

I'm ok with Brolin. I wish more was done to make him look taller since Cable should be physically imposing, but physical characteristics aside - he did a good job and I think Brolin works opposite Ryan Reynolds well.

Brolin fits more of the Loeb/Churchill-era (relatively) younger-looking Cable who is integrated into the X-Men verses someone like Stephen Lang who fits Soldier X Cable who's a no-nonsense, gritty military leader. I can't really see an actor like Lang playing opposite the young actors playing Jean & Scott without it seeming silly. I can see Brolin able to handle those types of scenes very well.

There are two completely different ways fans see the character and there isn't a way to really appease both groups. What I'm always afraid of is the comics going in the direction of Soldier X Cable again - but I can't see that if Cable is replaced with young Nathan Summers following Extermination.

I much prefer the Loeb-Churchill era Cable, so maybe that's why I despise the idea of Stephen Lang as Cable so much.

Regardless, it was funny how they played the height thing (Brolin is like 5'11") for laughs in the Deadpool 2 movie. Having said that, in X-Force they should be a bit more serious. And we all know how camera angles and extra lifts in an actor's shoes can make them look larger and more imposing. Just look at Tom Hardy as Bane. Hopefully they'll do that to make Brolin look larger when he assumes command of X-Force in that movie.

Amazing Member

Not a big fan of Brolin's Cable, which disappoints me as I usually like Brolin as an actor. Don't like that hair - yeah, really the first thing Cable would do is make sure he has enough product in it...not and I don't believe Brolin is 5' 11", unless he keeps company with giants - and I accept the Wolverine analogy but can't shake how small Cable looks standing next to Domino and DP - yuck yuck. Came to Cable in Churchill / Loeb era but also enjoyed Soldier X too. Difficult to identify fav Cableas I think it depends on the stories - did not like Ladronn era Cable tho. Don't think I would've liked Lang as Cable either....due to height issues :-).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not for some time.

I thought Brolin was good given what he had to work with. There are a couple of things they could have done to make him look more like Cable, but I can live with him being shorter. I don't think it's realistic to expect people to look exactly like their comic book counterparts.
    My biggest issue is how the movie took an extremely complex and powerful character and basically made him the straight man of the Deadpool/Cable comedic duo. There are so many good stories they could have taken from the Cable comics and adapted. I love how the comics explore themes like destiny, sacrifice, using his powers to change the world, and doing what he believes is right no matter what. Having him travel in time to kill a child seemed extremely simplistic and out of character compared to the Cable we see in the comics.
    I doubt they will rectify this in any upcoming X Force movies. If some X Force movies happen, they will be Deadpool spin-off and people will expect to see some Deadpool nonsense, the team joining in on this nonsense and Cable being the only serious character to balance this out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I thought Brolin was good given what he had to work with. There are a couple of things they could have done to make him look more like Cable, but I can live with him being shorter. I don't think it's realistic to expect people to look exactly like their comic book counterparts.
    My biggest issue is how the movie took an extremely complex and powerful character and basically made him the straight man of the Deadpool/Cable comedic duo. There are so many good stories they could have taken from the Cable comics and adapted. I love how the comics explore themes like destiny, sacrifice, using his powers to change the world, and doing what he believes is right no matter what. Having him travel in time to kill a child seemed extremely simplistic and out of character compared to the Cable we see in the comics.
    I doubt they will rectify this in any upcoming X Force movies. If some X Force movies happen, they will be Deadpool spin-off and people will expect to see some Deadpool nonsense, the team joining in on this nonsense and Cable being the only serious character to balance this out.
    Cable took his father's character in the comics.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Yep, totally agree with this - even as a comedy, it was totally out of character to have Cable trying to murder a 14yo child, esp given his relationship with Hope.