Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Yeah I agree. To anyone who doesn't already know his history the Redd and Slim reference just comes off as confusing and not really important to anything else.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Cable 150 cable origin preview
    Wonderful!

Cable/Stryfe/Nate Grey 3 version

Cable new pic with fan

I've been reading Cable's new ongoing and I'm wondering if he'll use his powers at all. Love the character. He's a soldier and a mutant so why why no power use?

Ultimate Member

In the past he's had to keep from using his powers as best he could to keep the virus at bay...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    In the past he's had to keep from using his powers as best he could to keep the virus at bay...
    I don't believe he has the virus anymore based off the last Cable/Deadpool x-over, Split Second.

Cable is looking badass in Spider-Man.
    IMG_0772.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    I don't believe he has the virus anymore based off the last Cable/Deadpool x-over, Split Second.
    He doesn't... At one point I believe Nathan's mutant abilities (inexplicably?) burned out somewhat because, in Cable and X-Force #14 Nathan coments that his TK isn't what it use to be -- although, Deadpool & Cable: Split Second #6 implied and or stated that Nathan regained his psychic powers. I'd have to read them again to be sure how though...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-04-2017 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    IMG_0772.jpg
    Didn't expect him to turn up there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    He doesn't... At one point I believe Nathan's mutant abilities (inexplicably?) burned out somewhat because, in Cable and X-Force #14 Nathan coments that his TK isn't what it use to be -- although, Deadpool & Cable: Split Second #6 implied and or stated that Nathan regained his psychic powers. I'd have to read them again to be sure how though...
    At the end of Avengers: X-Sanction, Hope used the Phoenix to burn out Cable's TO Virus. In Cable & X-Force we find that it left Cable without a right eye and his left arm, while flesh and bone, was extremely atrophied. Cable got Forge to make him a cyberarm sheath that looked ridiculous (but it fired rockets so there's that). He also started getting precognitive visions of the future that was causing his brain to hemmorage. Hope ended up stabbing him in the head with a psimitar and it shorted out all his telekinesis and telepathic powers and all he had was the pre-cog.

Later in Si Spurrier's X-Force, we find that Cable had cut off his own left arm at the elbow to keep some wierd alternate dimensional virus from killing him and he was back to using a cybernetic arm and his pre-cog was only good for a few seconds into the future. By the end of that X-Force run, Hope had gotten Mojo to grow Cable a new eye and arm making him whole and virus free for the first time.

Then comes Deadpool & Cable: Split Second. I won't go into the details because... reasons. Suffice to say, at the beginning Cable has no cybernetic parts, by the end he looks just like he does when he appears in Gerry Duggan's Uncanny Avengers.

In Uncanny Avengers, Cable has a fully cybernetic arm that does not appear to be techno-organic that is complete with an Artificial Intelligence called Belle. Cable displays occasional telekinesis but it is not very powerful. For reference, he uses TK to apply the brakes in Wrecker's getaway car in UA #7, removes some kind of robotic virus from Deadpool in UA #11, then uses TK on the Hand zombiefied Hulk (to no effect) in UA #17.

In Cable's most recent solo, he's back to having what "appears" to be a TO left arm. It's banded metal and looks considerably different than what he had in Uncanny Avengers. But as of issue #5, he's not displayed any telekinesis or telepathy.

Cable's slated to show up in upcoming issues of Deadpool, All-New Guardians of the Galaxy #12, and it looks like Spider-Man now in addition to his own book. So we'll see what happens from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    IMG_0772.jpg
    so does this mean an X-men or at least a Cable team up?

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    At the end of Avengers: X-Sanction, Hope used the Phoenix to burn out Cable's TO Virus. In Cable & X-Force we find that it left Cable without a right eye and his left arm, while flesh and bone, was extremely atrophied. Cable got Forge to make him a cyberarm sheath that looked ridiculous (but it fired rockets so there's that). He also started getting precognitive visions of the future that was causing his brain to hemmorage. Hope ended up stabbing him in the head with a psimitar and it shorted out all his telekinesis and telepathic powers and all he had was the pre-cog.

Later in Si Spurrier's X-Force, we find that Cable had cut off his own left arm at the elbow to keep some wierd alternate dimensional virus from killing him and he was back to using a cybernetic arm and his pre-cog was only good for a few seconds into the future. By the end of that X-Force run, Hope had gotten Mojo to grow Cable a new eye and arm making him whole and virus free for the first time.

Then comes Deadpool & Cable: Split Second. I won't go into the details because... reasons. Suffice to say, at the beginning Cable has no cybernetic parts, by the end he looks just like he does when he appears in Gerry Duggan's Uncanny Avengers.

In Uncanny Avengers, Cable has a fully cybernetic arm that does not appear to be techno-organic that is complete with an Artificial Intelligence called Belle. Cable displays occasional telekinesis but it is not very powerful. For reference, he uses TK to apply the brakes in Wrecker's getaway car in UA #7, removes some kind of robotic virus from Deadpool in UA #11, then uses TK on the Hand zombiefied Hulk (to no effect) in UA #17.

In Cable's most recent solo, he's back to having what "appears" to be a TO left arm. It's banded metal and looks considerably different than what he had in Uncanny Avengers. But as of issue #5, he's not displayed any telekinesis or telepathy.

Cable's slated to show up in upcoming issues of Deadpool, All-New Guardians of the Galaxy #12, and it looks like Spider-Man now in addition to his own book. So we'll see what happens from there.
    Cable is getting a huge-ass push lately. I love it.

Me too. The ending of last week's Spider-man has set up some pretty interesting possibilities regarding him. In the absence of SHIELD, perhaps Cable steps into the role. Not of global peacekeeping force or spy agency, but rather proactive "off the books" wetworks type stuff. Makes perfect sense that with no sanctioned authority to handle the really bad stuff that someone (or multiple someones) would step into the breach. And that was basically his schtick back in the day, before he became Nathan Summers: Time Cop.

This would take him back to his roots for Marvel Legacy IMO.

BANNED

I think they've made him so convoluted in the main universe it's just sad. I wonder how fans would respond to him being the leader of a new Exiles team that takes that proactive protect mutantkind stance throughout the multiverse or Omniverse or whatever alternate reality dimension