Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Really hype to see this issue.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Same here! Just when this book really hits its stride they cancel it. I hope they have something more planned for both Cable and this creative team. They’re worth keeping around!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same here! Just when this book really hits its stride they cancel it. I hope they have something more planned for both Cable and this creative team. They’re worth keeping around!
    Marvel made Iceman and Unstoppable Wasp back so maybe we will see Cable come back later ? (I hope)
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Love those pages!
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

just in hs cinematic debut marvel cancelled cable -_- bad moove, still have cable/deadpool tho
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Marvel made Iceman and Unstoppable Wasp back so maybe we will see Cable come back later ? (I hope)
    Iceman got restarted because it checked off a box on the diversity checklist. Unfortunately, big guns and "toxic masculinity" (their term, not mine) does not make Cable an attractive book for SJW Marvel. I'm just hoping that Marvel's "big plans" for Cable doesn't a one-off guest star in the new Domino monthly.

I love toxic masculinity. Was pretty much raised on it. Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Van Damme movies...the Lethal Weapon flicks, the Die Hards. Hell, the OG Predator is probably my favorite all time film. Followed now by Deadpool 2.

Cable #158 was a stellar book as usual. Thompson & Nadler are writing the best Cable arc I've seen since the whole Messiah War/Second Coming events. German Peralta's artwork is killer. It was so cool to re-visit the X-Force days when Domino was really Copycat (wink, wink) and we get to see Cable's innermost thoughts when back then he was so mysterious. My only complaint was that Thompson & Nadler had Cable communicating to the team telepathically. Anyone who's been following Cable from the beginning (basically me and Jackraow) knows that Cable's telepathy was dormant until the X-Force/New Warriors "Child's Play" crossover (New Warriors #46). It was even a surprise to Cable. Beyond that minor nit-picky detail, it was another solid issue in an awesome Cable arc.

On a side note, I really hope that Cable lands in one of the core X-Books and soon. This "Past Fears" storyline has essentially explained why Cable isolates himself from the rest of the X-Men. So once this is (presumedly) resolved, there's no reason Cable shouldn't take is place either joining or leading one of the core X-Teams.

The story is ok but I hope he overcomes his PTSD.

Too much destruction and carnage through timelines to not make a final stand against this.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I have never see Cable more afraid. I feel like he was the responsible for metus creation, possibly doing someting terrible. the weird thing is that he had the chance to let nate destroy metus at the end of time but he refused. if he is so afraid why would he save metus?

can't wait to the next issue to know what happened.

The book sad the story takes place after X-Force #2 but that flashback with Domino was in #1

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    Iceman got restarted because it checked off a box on the diversity checklist. Unfortunately, big guns and "toxic masculinity" (their term, not mine) does not make Cable an attractive book for SJW Marvel. I'm just hoping that Marvel's "big plans" for Cable doesn't a one-off guest star in the new Domino monthly.
    LOL. There was a lot of alledged "SJW books" that didn't get brought back was the case Marvel would have brought back America, that one was truly the "SJW book" that y'all claim all books with any minority is like. There's no one(at least not a "community of SJWS" like you imply) claiming Cable is "toxic masculinity" and should be cancelled.

Last edited by juan678; 06-22-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Spectacular Member

A variant cover for Cable 159

cable-159-Jay-Anacleto-25.jpg