Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414748495051525354 LastLast

BANNED

Cable #2 Jun 1993
    Mired in Destiny
    Cable and the Clan Chosen attack the time displacement center;

Cable decides to return to the present with Kane when he realizes that the bad guys have already sent someone back to the past.

Script by Fabian Nicieza, pencils by Art Thibert, inks by Al Milgrom and Bob Wiacek

By Cable's last writers. Did something happen to Tyke too? He has a Cyclops visor!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So this Death is really gonna stick for now huh? Man this is the second time in less than 10 years they’ve killed off Cable. He keeps this up he’ll be the new Jean Grey.

Except last time he didnt die. He was transported to the future and Blaquesmith helped ready him to battle the Avengers.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So this Death is really gonna stick for now huh? Man this is the second time in less than 10 years they’ve killed off Cable. He keeps this up he’ll be the new Jean Grey.
    I dont think so. Expect to see All-New All-Different Cable at the end of that one shot.

But at the same time no real reason for this. Nicieza already kinda rebooted Cable with Split Second.

Is Cable's first ongoing any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Is Cable's first ongoing any good?
    You are talking about the ongoing that ran from 93 to 2002, correct? It's definitely worth reading and collecting if you're a fan

However there are stories I enjoyed more than others and the quality of the art really changes throughout the ongoing. For me the stories between #1 through #20 were ok but not great (with a few exceptions, like the Fathers and Sons story arc that is one of my favorites). Issues #20 through roughly #60 are imo some of the best Cable stories and these are the ones you really need to read. And the stories between #60 and #107 were hit or miss for me, with some very enjoyable story arcs and some that were just ok. Overall it's enjoyable as far as 90s comics go, with some excellent moments and some stories that feel like nonsense. The good thing is the book did a great job of creating an interesting story and personality for the character and there isn't a dull moment or a filler issue - but the quality of the stories and art isn't consistent throughout the ongoing (which is to be expected for something that ran for 10 years).

I would also recommend that you read the X-Force ongoing from the early 90s if you haven't already!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I dont think so. Expect to see All-New All-Different Cable at the end of that one shot.

But at the same time no real reason for this. Nicieza already kinda rebooted Cable with Split Second.
    Agreed. They seem to need to “refresh” the character, from time to time. They first did it in the 90s, when the High Evolutionary took away mutant powers and he went into that techno-organic cocoon. He emerged de-aged. Then they tried something very different with him in Soldier X. Not so much a reboot as an attempt to take him in a different direction. Then they did the “reset” thing again with Split Second. There may have been other times I’m forgetting too.

I honestly didn’t think the old guy was broken. But I’m willing to roll with a younger version of the same character, so long as they bulk him up some and age him a little. Right now he looks like a teenager the way he’s drawn. Not sure if he’s supposed to be that young, but that’s how he comes across.

One of the two artwork I got from a local con today
    Friendly reminder that Nathan Summers and Rachel Grey Summers care about each other

Kitty: "We need to buy ourselves a little time to figure this out. We need alibis."
    Rachel: "Leading a rebellion in outer space? Being held prisoner by the hand in Madripoor? Judging a Wolverine cosplay contest in Japan?"

Let me guess, they will kill Cable and replace him with some shitty young version of himself. Who knows how many years that will last for us since it took 15 years to bring Jean back. Marvel please make me like your comics again. You are not helping me.