View Poll Results: Which One Did You Enjoy The Most?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crisis on Infinite Earths

33 35.11%
  • Legends

2 2.13%
  • Invasion

4 4.26%
  • Millenium

0 0%
  • Armageddon 2001

1 1.06%
  • Green Lantern: Emerald Twilight

1 1.06%
  • Final Night

2 2.13%
  • Identity Crisis

1 1.06%
  • Infinite Crisis

12 12.77%
  • Final Crisis

7 7.45%
  • Blackest Night

20 21.28%
  • Flashpoint

1 1.06%
  • Convergeance

1 1.06%
  • Dark Metal

0 0%
  • Other (pease specify)

9 9.57%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Best DC Crossover Event?

Since we are in the midst of Dark Crisis I thought it would be interesting to see which cross over readers enjoyed the most.

It seems almost every DC event has it's detractors so I'm curious which ones people enjoy the most.

I've limited this to cross overs that spill over into the wider DCU and not events that are limited to just the character's titles. Sinestro Corps War was really just a GL event if it drew in characters from the wider DCU but Blackest Night really spilled over into the entire DCU so it does count as a DCU event.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Definitely, my choice would be...

Final Night

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-10-2022 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I voted for Final Night.
    It was a really well written story and the crossover issues were all pretty damn good too.
    The Parallax one-shot is still one of my favourites.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

Legends was my choice. It was early enough that it didn't feel like a manufactured event (though it obviously was). The stuff spun out of it was new and interesting (Ostrander's Suicide Squad, the JLI). The characters seemed to act like themselves rather than being what the plot demanded. And while the threat had larger implications, it had personal stakes rather than being all "end of the world".

I voted for Blackest Night. Simple enough premise. A lot of the tie in were enjoyable, even the gimmick where they brought back 'dead' titles for one last go around. It was interesting seeing how other heroes dealt with their dead loved ones coming back as zombies. It's also the kind of the story that can only be done thanks to decades of continuity.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Blackest Night, that's the crossover that made me start reading DC Comics, I was a Marvel guy only before that.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Crisis on Infinite Earths is my absolute favourite.

It tells a damn good story, balances action and character, does most of its characters justice, touched on almost everyone in the DCU, has some huge emotional payoffs and told a big/important enough story to warrant a crossover.

Regardless of the many problems people may have with the fallout or constant attempts to replicate it, Crisis is still a really good read.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The original Crisis On Infinite Earths will always be my favorite. The story broke so much new ground, featured so many cool characters, and the art was top-notch through the entire series.

Runner-ups go to Blackest Night and Infinite Crisis.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I actually really liked Convergeance, seeing past favorites get the spot light and thrown into odd pairs really hit a nostalgic sweet spot. Was it the deepest story around? Absolutely not, but it hit that summer action movie feeling really well and it gave us a young Jon Kent which was awesome. Man, I miss the Superman family.

Crisis on Infinite Earths would be my second, if ranked choice was a thing.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Invasion is the model all events should be built upon. It was short in just being 3 months with the main issues being jumbo sized as to not drag it out for 9. All the tie in issues made sense since it was a world wide event. It had long term effects on multiple titles leading to things like Morrison's Doom Patrol and the Justice League being split into two books. It also launched one of the best series of the 90's L.E.G.I.O.N.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

It will probably always be COIE (1985-1986); it's like the Beatles of DC superhero crossovers.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

DC One Million, forever and always.

I voted Blackest Night because I thought it was one of the best written major events ever.
    I was going to say COIE because it was what really made me fall in love with comics back when I was a teenager, plus it had the best, most honorable superhero death of all time (Yes Barry should still be dead). It had all the heroes together from everywhere, trying to win.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    DC One Million, forever and always.
    Oh man, if that were included that easily would have been my vote. I loved the whole bit of Superman being immortal.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

You forgot Zero Hour, not sure if anyone would have voted for it, but it is a Crisis.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-