View Poll Results: Which One Did You Enjoy The Most?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crisis on Infinite Earths

33 35.11%
  • Legends

2 2.13%
  • Invasion

4 4.26%
  • Millenium

0 0%
  • Armageddon 2001

1 1.06%
  • Green Lantern: Emerald Twilight

1 1.06%
  • Final Night

2 2.13%
  • Identity Crisis

1 1.06%
  • Infinite Crisis

12 12.77%
  • Final Crisis

7 7.45%
  • Blackest Night

20 21.28%
  • Flashpoint

1 1.06%
  • Convergeance

1 1.06%
  • Dark Metal

0 0%
  • Other (pease specify)

9 9.57%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I think COIE is probably objectively the best. But I had much more fun with Infinite Crisis so I prefer it. Dark Metal is the worst IMO, pure trash.

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    I think COIE is probably objectively the best. But I had much more fun with Infinite Crisis so I prefer it.
    Yeah, all those pointless deaths were "fun".

Not to mention Slade gutting Phantom Lady, and Superboy-Prime literally knocking off Pantha's head and having it going flying off like a punter kicking a field goal . . . good times.

NOT!

DC one million, pretty much the greatest crossover ever

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

"Crossover Event" directly implies it's an event that crosses over into other titles. This would seemingly eliminate Emerald Twilight, as this was exclusively a Green Lantern story.

I'd eliminate Identity Crisis on the same basis, but that did have epilogues of sorts in subsequent stories.

In any event, I'd always vote Crisis on Infinite Earths. It's essentially the Endgame for the DCU. No other events compare IMO.

Probably Flashpoint, although the idea that a speedster who constantly fights multiple time travelling villains who never caused a big distortion can cause a distortion by changing one thing back to how it was supposed to be makes far less sense than the speedster being stopped in his tracks by marbles thrown by a jester when he's too fast to be affected by their rolling on the ground.

That event will never not boggle my mind, and I'm a big fan of the Flash, mostly Barry Allen.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    You forgot Zero Hour, not sure if anyone would have voted for it, but it is a Crisis.
    Oops, it should be Zero Hour on there and not Emerald Twilight. I got it mixed it up whilst deciding on which events to include and which ones to leave out.

It was hard deciding whether Death/Return of Superman counted since it was a huge thing but was exclusively something that had to do with Superman's own title but with the destruction of Coast City, the story line had spilled out into other DC titles as well.

Emerald Dawn, Death of Superman, Return of Superman, Emerald Twilight, Zero Hour, Final Night, Day of Judgement, Green Lantern Rebirth, Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night. That's an almost 2 decades long intertwining saga.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    "Crossover Event" directly implies it's an event that crosses over into other titles. This would seemingly eliminate Emerald Twilight, as this was exclusively a Green Lantern story.

I'd eliminate Identity Crisis on the same basis, but that did have epilogues of sorts in subsequent stories.

In any event, I'd always vote Crisis on Infinite Earths. It's essentially the Endgame for the DCU. No other events compare IMO.
    It's supposed to be Zero Hour and not Emerald Twilight. But Emerald Twilight in itself is a consequence of events in Death/Return of Superman.

Identity Crisis had it's ripple effects in the main JLA title, Catwoman, Detective Comics, Seven Soldiers: Zatanna and also set the stage for Infinite Crisis. So it does count.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Probably Flashpoint, although the idea that a speedster who constantly fights multiple time travelling villains who never caused a big distortion can cause a distortion by changing one thing back to how it was supposed to be makes far less sense than the speedster being stopped in his tracks by marbles thrown by a jester when he's too fast to be affected by their rolling on the ground.

That event will never not boggle my mind, and I'm a big fan of the Flash, mostly Barry Allen.
    The poll is for the best event, not the worst. :P

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

How is One Million not an option and Convergence is??

COIE is probably the best in terms of quality. Although, I enjoyed reading Blackest Night the most.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Yeah, all those pointless deaths were "fun".
    Not to mention Slade gutting Phantom Lady, and Superboy-Prime literally knocking off Pantha's head and having it going flying off like a punter kicking a field goal . . . good times.
    NOT!
    I'm not a character's person, I'm a plot person, so a bit of gore is fun to me.
    I'd vote Identity Crisis but that to me is part of Infinite Crisis. Identity Crisis was, IMO, the best written of them. But to do that Brad wrote minor characters out of character.
    Last edited by paulojrmam; 06-12-2022 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    How is One Million not an option and Convergence is??
    There were a number of huge scale events in the JL at the time and while One Million crossed over into other titles, it didn't really change the status quo of the universe.

The real miss here was not including Zero Hour.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Invasion is the model all events should be built upon. It was short in just being 3 months with the main issues being jumbo sized as to not drag it out for 9. All the tie in issues made sense since it was a world wide event. It had long term effects on multiple titles leading to things like Morrison's Doom Patrol and the Justice League being split into two books. It also launched one of the best series of the 90's L.E.G.I.O.N.
    Completely agree with all said here.

COIE. It started it all for me. I was young but still love it to this day.

Final Night was very good as well.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

For me is DC 1000000. Only lasted a month, Pretty much all tie ins were good, has 85000 years worth of legacy, the DCU was then in pretty much my fave configuration, has high stakes and a happy ending. All one can ask.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I put other for No Man's Land.

To me it cannot be beat