Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default DC Pride: Tim Drake Special #1 Preview

DC Pride: Tim Drake Special #1 Preview
    Writer: Meghan Fitzmartin
    Artists: Belén Ortega and Alberto Jimenez Alburquerque

Last edited by Hypo; 06-10-2022 at 10:16 AM.

Mighty Member

One story is called the Elephant in the Room. Probably addressing Tim and Steph but I have NO confidence it will be done well. Like NONE.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    One story is called the Elephant in the Room. Probably addressing Tim and Steph but I have NO confidence it will be done well. Like NONE.
    That story is a new story that will feature "Tim teaming up with his former Young Justice teammates and the Batgirls" - the other two are reprints from Urban Legends.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    That story is a new story that will feature "Tim teaming up with his former Young Justice teammates and the Batgirls" - the other two are reprints from Urban Legends.
    Yeah I know but the title clearly refers to Tim and Steph's relationship as that is what needs to be addressed. It won't be done well though.

Though it could refer to coming out to his friends and Steph.

BANNED

This is going to amount to Steph being a 'shipper on board for Tim and "oh so perfect" Berny, and I'm gonna vomit. Really hoping we get cracks in that relationship, maybe not this year, but sometime next.

Incredible Member

There's a preview of the new story here:

https://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/485953

I want conflict, I want blood.

Look at Babs saying she won't call him Drake so strongly...but she's happy to call him Robin. I guess that hits in the nostalgia feels.

So like all the big stuff Tynion built up for Tim (Steph, going to University) mattered squat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    There's a preview of the new story here:

https://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/485953
    It's like everyone wants Tim and Steph to talk except Tim .

So who really has been avoiding talking to each other here?

Oh, wow, Cass cursed .

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

What the hell did i just read? Seriously, Tim feels like he took ten steps back in this. When did he ever want to be out of town to talk to Steph, and why is Cassandra swearing? Like since when has that been a thing. Also, since when did they talk that way, the trio I mean.

Oh and I see they managed to hint a few things. Timkon with the hand hold and then the whole,you talk to her now. So we going for a Kon likes Steph thing now or something. Sorry just feels very weird yhe way this is written.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    What the hell did i just read? Seriously, Tim feels like he took ten steps back in this. When did he ever want to be out of town to talk to Steph, and why is Cassandra swearing? Like since when has that been a thing. Also, since when did they talk that way, the trio I mean.

Oh and I see they managed to hint a few things. Timkon with the hand hold and then the whole,you talk to her now. So we going for a Kon likes Steph thing now or something. Sorry just feels very weird yhe way this is written.
    In Cass' defense, she has a track record. When Barbara broke up with Dick for the twentieth time and blamed him, Cass threw Dick out a window.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    In Cass' defense, she has a track record. When Barbara broke up with Dick for the twentieth time and blamed him, Cass threw Dick out a window.
    Did she curse when she did that? Can't remember right at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Nobody messes with Cass' family, even her own family...just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nobody messes with Cass' family, even her own family...just sayin'.
    No doubt given her actions in the past.

Mighty Member

Ugh this looks bad already. Timkon crumbs in a story meant to address Tim and Steph while Tim is in a relationship. This shows Fitzmartin is just pandering to twitter/tumblr.

Also why is Tim acting like an asshat when he has no right to avoid Steph or even be mad as he dumped her and went MIA. It's also inconsistent with how they were in Rebirth which I've already explained before. He acted more mature when he broke up with Ariana and that was at a the start of his career. I have no confidence Fitzmartin will do Tim and Steph right and this will probably just shill Bernard and make Tim and Steph look bad or some other cringe.

Overall it fits in the fact ever since Damian came in they don't know what to do with him. So they had to make something up so they made him break up. Despite many liking him with Spoiler. Makes you wonder if they will kill off the ship and have this new ship with Bernard. I do wonder if they are actually serious of this change since Dc often goes back and forth are sexuality with certain characters.That's often what bothers me.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-10-2022 at 03:34 PM.