Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I was SO excited about this until I saw that Riley Rossmo is drawing it.
    Please Remain Calm

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yeah, I don't love Rossmo's art - especially not on something like this. And, wait, is it the same writer as this special that no one seems to actually like?

I'm a big Tim Drake fan but promising this ain't.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I'm going to give this a shot at the very least

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Well expect a triangle of some sort where Kon has to figureoutif he likes Tim or not.. Or Kon being like Al and Tim being like Todd where they remain friends, but given what she says, Kon will become the reason for live triangle between Tim and Bernard, or something.

Extraordinary Member

That reminds me the YJ Justice TV iirc turned Bart into an LGBT character, I'm wondering when that will make it into canon ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Thanks.

Maybe there is hope Tim gets at least something decent out of Zdarsky run...
    With him getting his own ongoing I wonder if his appearance in Zdarsky's run won't be very short just to advertise that he got his own ongoing?

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I was SO excited about this until I saw that Riley Rossmo is drawing it.
    Same, he's garbage. Should have been Belen Ortega.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    With him getting his own ongoing I wonder if his appearance in Zdarsky's run won't be very short just to advertise that he got his own ongoing?
    I'm curious if Tim showing up was Zdarsky, editorial, or both.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Same, he's garbage. Should have been Belen Ortega.
    Well, that's a bit harsh. He's work is just extremely stylistic - and has gotten more so over the years. I really rather liked his earlier stuff.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    There can be more than one LGBT Supes. Hippolyta, Nubia and Artemis have all been Wonder Women at some point and all three are queer (and Diana herself is).
    Hell, Donna and Cassie are probably the only heterosexual Amazons (well, too soon to guess with Yara). Everyone else is either lesbian or bi.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Karolina Dean had three long-term relationships with Xavin, Julie Power, and Nico Minoru and all of them had issues.
    Moondragon and Phyla-Vell almost reached the point of ending their marriage in the last run of Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Xavin is genderfluid. She initially rejected them for being male, so they took a female form. That relationship only ended because Xavin sacrificed themself, disguising as Karolina Xavin is a Skrull, so has full shapeshifting powers) to save her from being sent home as a traitor.

The problem with Moondragon and Phyla was that the Heather of Phyla's world merged with the 616 one (616 Phyla is dead and the AU version effectively replaced her). Her personality changed and Phyla wasn't happy about it. Remains to be seen if they'll stick together when Guardians of the Galaxy eventually relaunches. Currently the team is still how Al Ewing left it.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    This is not black Wally West that was done to spite Wally West fans and excluding Priest-who else has tried to fix him.
    Read the current Flash series. He's "Ace" now.

That reminds me the YJ Justice TV iirc turned Bart into an LGBT character, I'm wondering when that will make it into canon ...
    Bart's not LGBT, though I think the writers wanted him to be. They weren't allowed to show him as anything but straight, so they just didn't give him a partner at all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Xavin is genderfluid. She initially rejected them for being male, so they took a female form. That relationship only ended because Xavin sacrificed themself, disguising as Karolina Xavin is a Skrull, so has full shapeshifting powers) to save her from being sent home as a traitor.

The problem with Moondragon and Phyla was that the Heather of Phyla's world merged with the 616 one (616 Phyla is dead and the AU version effectively replaced her). Her personality changed and Phyla wasn't happy about it. Remains to be seen if they'll stick together when Guardians of the Galaxy eventually relaunches. Currently the team is still how Al Ewing left it.
    I am aware of all of this I just didn't feel to go into to details to make my point, that LGBT relationships are not written as flawless when they are featured in stories.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bart's not LGBT, though I think the writers wanted him to be. They weren't allowed to show him as anything but straight, so they just didn't give him a partner at all.
    I'm speaking about the version in the YJ HBO-Max series, the third season implied iirc at least pretty clearly that he was dating El Dorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Well, that's a bit harsh. He's work is just extremely stylistic - and has gotten more so over the years. I really rather liked his earlier stuff.
    It was barely tolerable on Harley Quinn, my kid reads that and she was to glad to hear he's off the book.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm speaking about the version in the YJ HBO-Max series, the third season implied iirc at least pretty clearly that he was dating El Dorado.
    I think Weisman said him and Jaime were meant to be queer but it wasn't allowed