Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 208
  1. #1

    Default Cosmic Awakened Fear Garou VS Post Crisis Superman

    Who would win this battle?

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    I think Garou takes it at this point. He definitely hits hard enough to mess this Clark up, and with the speed jump represented in matching consecutive normal punches he's got to be at least approaching Kryptonian speed.

  3. #3
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,049

    Default

    I second the Captain there - he's hitting hard enough, and should be fast enough, and is vastly more skilled. Obviously we all expect Saitama to walk this most recent hit off, but it was clearly a large amount harder than the hit that caused the planet to bulge (which Saitama ignored), and that's already at least enough to hurt Post Crisis Supes.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  4. #4
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    9,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I second the Captain there - he's hitting hard enough, and should be fast enough, and is vastly more skilled. Obviously we all expect Saitama to walk this most recent hit off, but it was clearly a large amount harder than the hit that caused the planet to bulge (which Saitama ignored), and that's already at least enough to hurt Post Crisis Supes.
    With the gamma ray burst, Saitama did seem to think it would destroy or at least badly damage the planet enough to warrant him leading Garou's fire away from the ground.

    Given that, a whole power up ago, he was punching Saitama through a mountain with such force it was raising islands on the other side of the planet, causing the planet to bulge and apparently damaging dimensional barriers with just the sheer force of it, I see no real reason to doubt him.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 06-11-2022 at 04:58 PM.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,541

    Default

    What feats suggest he is a significant fraction of light in speed?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    What feats suggest he is a significant fraction of light in speed?

    The most notable feat is described here.
    Even with that, Garou was still unable to touch Saitama and was overwhelmed by Consecutive Normal Punches.

    Now, Garou got another upgrade that includes some kind of essence channeling power, and went into "Saitama Mode" and matches Consecutive Normal Punches blow for blow.

  7. #7
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    863

    Default

    Either Garou just jumped entire tiers or this makes no sense, Saitama himself was always too weak for Superman, so what is going on in One Punch Man?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Either Garou just jumped entire tiers or this makes no sense, Saitama himself was always too weak for Superman, so what is going on in One Punch Man?
    Getting kicked from earth to the moon with no real damage and parting the atmosphere over a continent with the shockwave of a missed punch that had to overcome a big a$$ lazor was already plainly class 100. Speed and versatility were Saitamas lacking areas if memory serves from the earlier OPM stuff. Not raw power or durability.

    Compared to Post Crisis Supes I mean. Other versions are more powerful, sure.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

  9. #9
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

    The most notable feat is described here.
    Even with that, Garou was still unable to touch Saitama and was overwhelmed by Consecutive Normal Punches.

    Now, Garou got another upgrade that includes some kind of essence channeling power, and went into "Saitama Mode" and matches Consecutive Normal Punches blow for blow.
    Is that 1,3 miliseconds? Because light would move about 200 miles in that time, so 100s of attacks even with something as crazy as 100 feets per attack would be still not a significant fraction of light speed.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 06-11-2022 at 06:22 PM.

  10. #10
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Getting kicked from earth to the moon with no real damage and parting the atmosphere over a continent with the shockwave of a missed punch that had to overcome a big a$$ lazor was already plainly class 100. Speed and versatility were Saitamas lacking areas if memory serves from the earlier OPM stuff. Not raw power or durability.

    Compared to Post Crisis Supes I mean. Other versions are more powerful, sure.
    Plainly class 100 is not the same like class post-crisis Superman, class 100 starts well below him, a kick to the moon is nothing in comparison to the reverse of a punch to the sun in seconds as example:

    Last edited by Rightoya; 06-11-2022 at 04:17 PM.

  11. #11
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    9,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Is that 1,3 miliseconds? Because light would move about 200 miles in that time, so 100s of attacks even with something as crazy as 100 feets per attack would be still not a significant fraction of lightspeed.
    243 miles specifically.

    The light formation that Platinum Sperm, Flashy and Garou made initially with their combat towered over the city and dominated the immediate skyline. It was also visible from a ship out in the ocean. Given the scale of Z city, they were covering /a lot/ of distance with their combat, though it's a bit hard to say specifically how far they moved all said and done.

    Platinum and Garou then made a much larger and more complicated light formation, and were noted as going much faster and further. Again, looking at the scale of the formation, the fact that they are reacting and throwing hundreds if not thousands of attacks and travelling pretty large distances in 1.3 milliseconds, it feels like a significant fraction of light speed to me.

    Heck, even lowballing your own example (100 attacks moving 100 feet each time) we still would get 1.89 miles in 1.3 milliseconds which is like 0.75% light speed which is a wild lowball. As they were clearly travelling further than 30 metres per attack and, based on the complexity of the pattern, attacked each other more than 100 times in that timeframe, I don't see how this is arguable as not some fraction of light speed.

    Like even if you do what I think is still something of a lowball like saying 500 attacks and they move on average 100 metres per attack, you still come out at like 13% light speed.

    And, as mentioned, Garou specifically got like two power ups after this feat. So he's definitely very fast now, even if we don't know exactly how fast.

    Now, is that enough to put him in post crisis Clark's ballpark? That I don't know.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  12. #12
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    243 miles specifically.

    The light formation that Platinum Sperm, Flashy and Garou made initially with their combat towered over the city and dominated the immediate skyline. It was also visible from a ship out in the ocean. Given the scale of Z city, they were covering /a lot/ of distance with their combat, though it's a bit hard to say specifically how far they moved all said and done.

    Platinum and Garou then made a much larger and more complicated light formation, and were noted as going much faster and further. Again, looking at the scale of the formation, the fact that they are reacting and throwing hundreds if not thousands of attacks and travelling pretty large distances in 1.3 milliseconds, it feels like a significant fraction of light speed to me.

    Heck, even lowballing your own example (100 attacks moving 100 feet each time) we still would get 1.89 miles in 1.3 milliseconds which is like 0.75% light speed which is a wild lowball. As they were clearly travelling further than 30 metres per attack and, based on the complexity of the pattern, attacked each other more than 100 times in that timeframe, I don't see how this is arguable as not some fraction of light speed.

    Like even if you do what I think is still something of a lowball like saying 500 attacks and they move on average 100 metres per attack, you still come out at like 13% light speed.
    A fraction of light speed yeah, but i think on at least half the speed of light for a significant fraction of light speed.

    And, as mentioned, Garou specifically got like two power ups after this feat. So he's definitely very fast now, even if we don't know exactly how fast.

    Now, is that enough to put him in post crisis Clark's ballpark? That I don't know.
    Post-crisis Superman should at least scale to post-crisis Wonder Woman, who can run besides the famously half the speed of light Jesse Quick like this:



    and later on as just their acceleration got amped by a special gate they were running through, Wonder Woman first catched up to Jesse Quick after flying notably later through that gate, and then lassoed her as she was breaking the light barrier and about to enter the speed force which shouldn't even truly fall under the amped acceleration because it requires arm-movement speed, perception, and reflexes instead:



    and i think the general consensus here for post-crisis Superman was up to 90% the speed of light.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 06-11-2022 at 06:27 PM.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Plainly class 100 is not the same like class post-crisis Superman, class 100 starts well below him, a kick to the moon is nothing in comparison to the reverse of a punch to the sun in seconds as example:

    They have shot up above the moon thing now. Garou hit Saitama so hard it caused the opposite side of the earth to bulge out. After his last upgrade he's creating nuclear fission with his punches.

  14. #14
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    They have shot up above the moon thing now. Garou hit Saitama so hard it caused the opposite side of the earth to bulge out.
    What does this mean, that sounds more like a looney tunes than a strength feat?

    After his last upgrade he's creating nuclear fission with his punches.
    that on the other hand sounds far too weak to do anything to post-crisis Superman.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    What does this mean, that sounds more like a looney tunes than a strength feat?



    that on the other hand sounds far too weak to do anything to post-crisis Superman.
    They dislodge an oceanic plate and visibly distort the shape of the planet, effectively making one hemisphere bigger than the other.

    That said, the author keeps redrawing whole chapters and I think they scene might not be canon now, which is a big blow to Garou's striking power. He's destroying mountain and karate chopping through creatures the length of Earth's atmosphere, but he's not into the planet busting territory from that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •