Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Wow. Haha! I loved the chapter. One must of had a lot of fun writing it. We got all the ideology coming to a head in the webcomic so didn’t need it in the manga. It’s even cooler that he initially wrote it to come to Garou/Saitama sitting down, but changed his mind. Why not? Why write if you’re not gonna have fun?

As for the feats and stuff, I don’t think the stars were obliterated anymore. My sense is just that the large “gap” is the size of the explosion relative to how people would see it on Earth. Kind of like you’d see the moon, but in this cause it the brightness of the clash that bloated out the view of the stars. - The feat before that was Garou’s Gamma ray burst, which evidently didn’t have the power to star just, since Garou seeing Jupiter sneezed away wouldn’t shock him so much if he could star bust…

Dunno. I’m curious if Saitama actually keep the skills in learned in the no longer existing future. His growth can’t decrease, but he’d be clueless how to use the skill.

Would Saitama’s back in time punch kill Superman One million??? Pretty sure Garou can’t beat that version of Superman.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Would Saitama’s back in time punch kill Superman One million??? Pretty sure Garou can’t beat that version of Superman.
    Superman One Million, as in Kal L, has a feat wherein his force vision that holds off an incoming galaxy.

I imagine he'll be fine.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

As for the feats and stuff, I don’t think the stars were obliterated anymore. My sense is just that the large “gap” is the size of the explosion relative to how people would see it on Earth. Kind of like you’d see the moon, but in this cause it the brightness of the clash that bloated out the view of the stars. - The feat before that was Garou’s Gamma ray burst, which evidently didn’t have the power to star just, since Garou seeing Jupiter sneezed away wouldn’t shock him so much if he could star bust…
    Well, the "sneezing away Jupiter" thing is pretty unreal given that is wasn't an attack. It was a simple accidental unfocused side effect.

OTOH, yeah, nothing really levels up to "annihilates a chunk of the universe instantly."

Dunno. I’m curious if Saitama actually keep the skills in learned in the no longer existing future. His growth can’t decrease, but he’d be clueless how to use the skill.
    Eh, why not? He's Saitama - he can move dimensional gateways with his hands and feet. He doesn't generally need to learn much of this stuff, just use it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Man... remember the original version of the Saitama/Garou fight? The one that was much smaller in scale but actually narratively engaging as it served as a satisfying conclusion to Garou's violent and tragic journey?

Good times.
    Garou VS Caped Baldy: Webcomic Version!

Hi Soul!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Welp.

You wrote yourself into a corner and then just deus ex machina'd your way out.

Audibly booing.

EDIT: Also, I guess now we have an open question as to whether spoilers:
    Saitama merging with his past self kept or lost the powerup he gained from actually fighting someone on his own level in space.
    end of spoilers

I'll also note, still nothing to indicate the ability to snuff out dozens of stars.
    Right? Also; I have never come across a manga that likes to retcon itself on an issue to issue basis before but this is ridiculous. If they weren't happy with the final result, why release it in the first place? This is the second time they had a retcon in this fight alone.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Dude, Superman one million can take it to Skyfathers. His punches can send distortions through time, is allegedly as fast as Wally, and as Nik said; hold back galaxies with force vision.

The first and last feats in particular were when he was running out of juice too.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Right? Also; I have never come across a manga that likes to retcon itself on an issue to issue basis before but this is ridiculous. If they weren't happy with the final result, why release it in the first place? This is the second time they had a retcon in this fight alone.
    Weeeeeeeelllllll this wasn't really a "retcon." A retcon is when the authors decide to change what actually happened on panel by explaining it away or just pretending it never happened. Having the Beyonder become... crap, a whole bunch of different, lesser things over a period of time was a series of retcons. Most didn't even make sense. Retcons often happen when a new author of an old property decides to change what happened to suit their own vision. Or, when an existing author doesn't like where things are going. They are usually not "in story" however. Earlier, they did a bold retcon when they actually re-released the issue with updated panels, changing what had happened. Here, they used in-story time travel to change the past/present. That's not a retcon.

Still kinda weird and I don't really see what it adds to any story anywhere, but not really a retcon.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Saitama punched so hard he broke continuity. Temporal Fugue!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Saitama punched so hard he broke continuity. Temporal Fugue!
    Maybe Murata is a Zelazny fan?

Saitama is the odd character who'd kind of have an arguable way around Temporal Fugue - when you start kicking and throwing other people's dimensional gateways and resisting telekinesis because MAGNE... er... reasons... you are probably just going to follow the TF user around through Fugue or simply be waiting for them on the other side of it, and if you are badass enough to wreck a gas giant with a sneeze, you can probably deal with fully equipped and awakened Set, much less Steel General.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Maybe Murata is a Zelazny fan?

Saitama is the odd character who'd kind of have an arguable way around Temporal Fugue - when you start kicking and throwing other people's dimensional gateways and resisting telekinesis because MAGNE... er... reasons... you are probably just going to follow the TF user around through Fugue or simply be waiting for them on the other side of it, and if you are badass enough to wreck a gas giant with a sneeze, you can probably deal with fully equipped and awakened Set, much less Steel General.
    Saitama basically was using Fugue himself by throwing a punch in the future to clock Garou in the past and creating time clones, albeit short lived ones. He may lose the knowledge of how to do this, but there is no doubt in my mind that if he could intuitively do it again if the need arose.

It also seems like Saitama has subconscious control of his own atomic structure, Eternal style. He consciously manipulated it with Garou's instruction to time travel, but that's probably also how he no sells telekinesis, grabs sub space portals, and can just show up on the astral plane.

I think he's basically Plutonian now.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 07-22-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Honestly, this entire portion of the fight seems a lot like ONE and Murata saw the Saitama vs. Popeye Death Battle and decided to write it so that Saitama could beat Popeye if they fought.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    A retcon is when the authors decide to change what actually happened on panel by explaining it away or just pretending it never happened.
    Sorry, should have been clear; I was referring to when Murata essentially rewrote a portion of the first part of Saitama and Garous fight up till the two of them had a sit down and were about to talk. Next issue after that completely did away with all that, changing it completely so that didn't happen.

Then more recently, with the latest chapter ignoring the end of the last chapter that involved Garou and Saitama hitting each other with serious punches to their faces, making it seem like Saitama coughed up some blood.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral