Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Tbh I don't think it's bad, provided this is the final season of the manga. The series should end with Saitama getting what he always wanted; a good fight.

I won't be surprised if the webcomic follows suit but at a later date and in a different way. Saitama deserves to get his wish, provided it is at the end of the series.

The anime will be interesting. Will they go the manga route? Webcomic? Or perhaps... It will go it's own way? Should be interesting
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Tbh I don't think it's bad, provided this is the final season of the manga. The series should end with Saitama getting what he always wanted; a good fight.

I won't be surprised if the webcomic follows suit but at a later date and in a different way. Saitama deserves to get his wish, provided it is at the end of the series.

The anime will be interesting. Will they go the manga route? Webcomic? Or perhaps... It will go it's own way? Should be interesting
    The anime has followed the manga pretty devotedly thus far. Especially the second season where it was much more beat for beat an adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The anime has followed the manga pretty devotedly thus far. Especially the second season where it was much more beat for beat an adaptation.
    I know, but the manga was like that at one point too in regards to the webcomic before becoming it's own thing. I just figure it's possible the same thing might happen here.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Also, I don't think Saitama is hurt. The blood on him is Genos' I think. Even Blast is covered in blood at one point despite Garou having yet to land a single hit on him.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Also, I don't think Saitama is hurt. The blood on him is Genos' I think. Even Blast is covered in blood at one point despite Garou having yet to land a single hit on him.
    Saitama is definitely not hurt, the blood is definitely the blood-rain from Genos.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

To be clear, when I said that Saitama was hurt in my analysis, I was speaking about him being emotionally hurt.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    To be clear, when I said that Saitama was hurt in my analysis, I was speaking about him being emotionally hurt.
    That's what I assumed when you wrote it. Nothing I've seen indicates that Saitama's physical pain has been scratched yet.

But what they did, with Garou going all murder-y, it's just such a departure. Granted, they have the whole "possessed somewhat by God" thing, but damn. Doing good things by accident was fun and funny. Now we went full dark.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Well the new chapter is chalk full of feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Well the new chapter is chalk full of feats.
    Eh, not really added much in terms of offense, durability or speed for Garou.

He's got short range teleportation and he still can't really do anything to Saitama so... not much changed?

He's taken a couple of serious punches and he's still upright so... good for him.

Saitama also flipped like an area equal to entire country over with one hand, so that's pretty beast for him.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Saitama also does stuff like spoilers:
    'flip wormholes'. Whatever that means (he can...grab spacetime? Grab gravity? I don't even know).
    end of spoilers
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I think most of the feats are for Saitama out of this one, but Garou does take an awful lot of punishment from Saitama at least, including being blitzed throughout the entire shattered moon. And it looks like he might have finally drawn blood from Saitama with his latest copy? We will need to see about that in the latest chapter. Could be Garou's fist bleeding or crumbling in some way.

All-New Member

Well...Saitama and Garou's serious punches colliding just destroyed a portion of the galaxy...and Garou wasn't damaged by that attack.
    The moon feat of Saitama was really great but really can't be compared with punching a hole in the milky-way.
    So in the end Garou can punch harder than Superman, can take star level punches without problem, can copy any moves and teleport... Ecc...
    To me at this point seems clearly that Garou is superior to Supes.
    Superman will be obviously capable of damaging Garou a bit (since I believe that he is still slightly faster and equally determined) but I don't think that he has the power to put the Hero Hunter down.
    For this fight Superman probably will need a sun dip, then he he could win imo.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicAnt View Post
    Well...Saitama and Garou's serious punches colliding just destroyed a portion of the galaxy...and Garou wasn't damaged by that attack.
    The moon feat of Saitama was really great but really can't be compared with punching a hole in the milky-way.
    Huh?

*checks chapter*

Huh. I completely overlooked this bit.

Alright folks, couple of caveats to this, I wouldn't call it "punching a hole in the milky-way," that is a very generous description. But the implication is that the energy thrown out by Saitama and Garou directly clashing, when channelled into a beam by Blast and three other mysterious figures, extinguished dozens of stars.

The aftermath in question:

So, any thoughts?

At this juncture, I'd be calling this quite extreme SMvsFL myself. Saitama and Garou have messed around in the strictly planetary range up until now and going from "Oh no, this attack might destroy the planet," in the course of a single chapter to "these attacks meeting has wiped out a bunch of stars," feels... a bit off?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 07-08-2022 at 03:47 AM.

All-New Member

Well...dozen of stars seems like we are trying to downplay, I 'd say that they destroyed hundreds of stars. Still we are easily in a class of power that Post-Crisis Superman has never reached.
    This kind of destruction also makes me think that Garou can really unleash a true gamma burst and not just some kind of imitation of that phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicAnt View Post
    Well...dozen of stars seems like we are trying to downplay, I 'd say that they destroyed hundreds of stars.
    As has been shown in this thread and others, I tend to lowball.

Still we are easily in a class of power that Post-Crisis Superman has never reached.
    This kind of destruction also makes me think that Garou can really unleash a true gamma burst and not just some kind of imitation of that phenomenon.
    I mean, if we are accepting them legitimately destroying dozens, or as you assert hundreds, of stars; then we're well beyond a gamma ray burst in terms of scale.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 07-08-2022 at 03:47 AM.