Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

Johnny needs to meet...and have a relationship with...his kid. Make it that the time jump the mother took was only a couple months so the kid is only 2-3 years old now.

Have him grow up not because of a woman...but because he's a dad. Maybe even make the kid a girl.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Johnny needs to meet...and have a relationship with...his kid. Make it that the time jump the mother took was only a couple months so the kid is only 2-3 years old now.

Have him grow up not because of a woman...but because he's a dad. Maybe even make the kid a girl.
    Does Johnny have a kid?
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Does Johnny have a kid?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Fanta...nnual_Vol_1_32

Yes that was interesting story.

years earlier there was. Power Pack story with an older man who seemed to have Torch powers.

At that time some thought it was Toro now in older years, but recenter stories about Toro don't support this: he's young again, who knew?

So my theory would be that Amy and Johnny's child is/was that older man. That someone she had her child in a past maybe 50 years before present continuity.

It doesn't explain why he was unknown up to/then, but the PP story didn't either.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Yes that was interesting story.

years earlier there was. Power Pack story with an older man who seemed to have Torch powers.

At that time some thought it was Toro now in older years, but recenter stories about Toro don't support this: he's young again, who knew?

So my theory would be that Amy and Johnny's child is/was that older man. That someone she had her child in a past maybe 50 years before present continuity.

It doesn't explain why he was unknown up to/then, but the PP story didn't either.
    I would rather just have Johnny's kid be a 2-3 years old in current continuity. Let him actually get a change to be a dad to the kid.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Truly appreciate your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would rather just have Johnny's kid be a 2-3 years old in current continuity. Let him actually get a change to be a dad to the kid.
    Yeah, sorta agree. (Still processing that Johnny's a father lol.)
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Sure, but we have so few stories or arcs that are about older persons - like me!

What would it like to be born decades before your parents were - and know it?
    In the Power Pack story, the character was mysterious, not forthcoming and

little Franklin said something like "he seemed familiar" and the character was nervous with that.

It was never explained and the character whoever they were, has not appeared again.

*** I dunno, after reading comics since the late '60s and seeing all kinds of children being born

some not aging for decades! Like Franklin was 2 - 5 years for maybe his first 25.

We want that again?
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

Sure, but we have so few stories or arcs that are about older persons - like me!

What would it like to be born decades before your parents were - and know it?
    In the Power Pack story, the character was mysterious, not forthcoming and

little Franklin said something like "he seemed familiar" and the character was nervous with that.

It was never explained and the character whoever they were, has not appeared again.

*** I dunno, after reading comics since the late '60s and seeing all kinds of children being born

some not aging for decades! Like Franklin was 2 - 5 years for maybe his first 25.

We want that again?
    They've kind of done the 'my kids are older than they should be' thing in the X-Books. Although Cable was born in the main timeline he spent so long in the future he is older than his parents. And Rachel is from an alternate timeline and is not that much younger than Scott and Jean.

And of course the X-Books 'let's just get rid of the kids altogether' shtick...Syrin's kid actually being just a Madrox dupe he reabsorbed right after he was born or Rahne's son Tier getting killed by Strong Guy...both instances causing some serious emotional trauma for both of the mothers.

And let's not forget all the drama of the Logan-spawn. Akihiro, Laura, all those kids the Red Right Hand made him kill off....

Add in that (IIRC) Reeds plan was to go back a couple months to prevent the pregnancy and I would say to have Amy (the mom) only jump back a few months and give her kid and Johnny a chance at a normal relationship.

I do agree with how long Franklin has been a kid...but that would be on the writers and editors to manage his aging responsibly.

Well, either of these stories are from years ago, so it doesn't seem likely they were or will ever be connected or followed up on.

Too bad
    ~ Oberon ~

Extraordinary Member

Well, either of these stories are from years ago, so it doesn't seem likely they were or will ever be connected or followed up on.

Too bad
    Which is a complaint I have long had. They come out and have a woman pregnant with Johnny's kid...then throw her into the timestream so it never has to be mentioned again. So how about never writing the story in the first place.

Johnny has a new statue for Diamond Select

https://www.diamondselecttoys.com/hu...ection-statue/

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!