Default Has Batman and his family ever lost control for of Gotham a long period of time?

I've often wanted to see an event similar to the events of No Man's Land but more in line with the Arkham games. I think it'd be fun for Arkham to be rebuilt and for it to have massive implications for Gotham. What I'm thinking is that the Batman could lose his allies in the Police department and for the Bat Family to be labeled as public enemies. I'd also like the idea of Arkham Knight to be expanded on like for it to more than one person wearing the mantle. What I'm thinking is for the Arkham Army to be introduced as reinforcements for the police and made up of highly trained soldiers tied to the colony featured in Batwoman that can actually handle the villains in Gotham but for their methods to be very extreme and controversial with a mysterious head knight leading them.

I figure it could be set up like the fall of the jedi and rise of the galactic empire with the Bat Family having their identities all outed attacked and pursued on all fronts with no safe haven having it be revealed there's a traitor. Now this next part of my idea is a bit of a jumping the shark but I like it. My idea is to the same thing done with Speedy and Arsenal in Young Justice where one was a clone spying on the heroes and the real one was a prisoner. I was thinking it'd be cool to see this done with Tim but instead of him being frozen or whatever he'd be held prisoner for years and tortured to the point of insanity and suffering trauma after trauma and after escaping he sees the clone as Robin and feels replaced and betrayed so he just tries living his life and doesn't go back and ends up corrupted by the mastermind who did this to him ultimately being tricked into crime and ends up like Anakin even losing a lover and ending up burned and being reborn taking how Bruce trains robins and applying that to other knights even recruiting orphans Bruce had selected as candidates and training them more brutally.

I like this idea because I think it'd be interesting as I'd like to see Bruce react to seeing how he selects and trains orphans perverted especially if Tim had grown unstable and abusive not tolerating failure. I also like the idea of Tim becoming like Darth Vader and a dark reflection of Batman and saying "Tim Drake was weak I destroyed him." Especially since there are versions where as Batman, Bruce will act as he's a different person in both parts of his life like in The Batman series. I think seeing a darker take on that would be interesting to see and for Bruce to face.

City of Bane, basically.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    City of Bane, basically.
    Or, dare I say, War Games and its fallout.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

The Cult, for Ever Evil and to a degree Knight Fall.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

How long are each of those? Cult, Knightfall, No Man's Land, War Games? Forever Evil and City of Bane feels really short though.

Spectacular Member

Almost two years if we counting war games, don't forget one year later is when the city calls on him again

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    don't forget one year later is when the city calls on him again
    During which time both Gordon and Bullock had to come back to sort the city out in a way that was vague and immediately glossed over. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Does Batman Eternal count?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The Cult, for Ever Evil and to a degree Knight Fall.
    I really don't think KnightFall counts. I mean, Bane broke Batman. But then he got his replacement out really quick. Then when Azrael flamed out, Dick took over until Bruce came back. There was hardly a time when someone in the family wasn't watching over Gotham.

I feel like No Man's Land and City of Bane were the two big times they lost control for a long time. Maybe War Games, but I really don't like thinking of that story.