Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Spider-Man: The Lost Hunt

Advertised inside the Ben Reilly: Spider-Man finale.

Without a doubt, it's probably Ben and Kaine against Kraven during the lost years
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 06-15-2022 at 04:53 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

Without a doubt, it's probably Ben and Kaine against Kraven during the lost years
    Ooooh. I'm in
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Didn't JMD did a series of Backups that had Kaine in his assassin years take on Kraven. he beat him and buried him alived which Kraven got out and inspired him.

Astonishing Member

I don't think Ben would've confronted Kraven during his last years without later telling Peter about it. And wouldn't Kraven have recognized his similarity to Peter with his keen senses? But who knows, stranger things have happened. Until this year, I didn't think Spidercide or Traveller (any follow up on that tease?) would return either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Didn't JMD did a series of Backups that had Kaine in his assassin years take on Kraven. he beat him and buried him alived which Kraven got out and inspired him.
    I vaguely remember some back-ups with Kaine getting into it with Kraven around 2009-2010 in that awesome 'Web Of...' anthology series that always had those random Ben/Kaine/Mayday back-ups. I miss that book. Same series we got Ben Reilly in Italy iirc.

EDIT: Or maybe it was a back-up during the Grim Hunt storyline. Either way it was around that time period when Marvel started embracing the clone mythology again.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I vaguely remember some back-ups with Kaine getting into it with Kraven around 2009-2010 in that awesome 'Web Of...' anthology series that always had those random Ben/Kaine/Mayday back-ups. I miss that book. Same series we got Ben Reilly in Italy iirc.

EDIT: Or maybe it was a back-up during the Grim Hunt storyline. Either way it was around that time period when Marvel started embracing the clone mythology again.
    I'm pretty sure it was JMD Kaine backups during Grim Hunt where they did an untold Kaine/Kraven story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was JMD Kaine backups during Grim Hunt where they did an untold Kaine/Kraven story.
    It was a good time. Kaine was about to redeem himself and become Scarlet Spider. Ben hadn’t been brought back and had his legacy tainted yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, the best part of Grim Hunt

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Yeah, the best part of Grim Hunt
    Yeah. I’m mixed about GH. It was great to see Kaine in action again, but a colossally dumb and unnecessary move to bring back Kraven (something Spencer only partially retconned imo).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Yeah. I’m mixed about GH. It was great to see Kaine in action again, but a colossally dumb and unnecessary move to bring back Kraven (something Spencer only partially retconned imo).
    Not to mention butchering poor Mattie Franklin. That said, I'm willing to bet the Kraven Ben ends up fighting, with or without Kaine, is actually Alyosha, Sergei's other son.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Maybe Vladimir Kravinoff is the next forgettable character to be salvaged under good writing?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Not to mention butchering poor Mattie Franklin. That said, I'm willing to bet the Kraven Ben ends up fighting, with or without Kaine, is actually Alyosha, Sergei's other son.
    Mattie deserved better. I'm not a fan of the John Byrne era, but I have a soft-spot for Mattie and she really got the short end of the stick.

spoilers:
    Ben can relate...now there's a team-up I'd read. lol
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

Most likely Alyosha.

Not sure if this will be Ben or Peter though. It could be set after the conclusion of JMD's second SSM run.
    Last edited by David Walton; 06-16-2022 at 08:28 AM.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Jon DeMatteis said that if his Ben book got a sequel he wanted to do a tale featuring Ben, Peter and Kaine, so my guess is that he's going to use Alyosha and have him believe they're all hallucinating the thing.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Jon DeMatteis said that if his Ben book got a sequel he wanted to do a tale featuring Ben, Peter and Kaine, so my guess is that he's going to use Alyosha and have him believe they're all hallucinating the thing.
    Hmm, that would be interesting.
    The spider is always on the hunt.